Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Any pnpo applicant here (specifically pakistani) who recently added spouse to application after ppr? How long did it take?

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

I had a similar experience when I got married few days after getting my PPR. I hadn't submitted my PP for stamping instead I waited for the wedding to take place, got the marriage certificate & informed CIC about the change in Marital Status (before the expiry of 30days as indicated in PPR).

CIC acknowledged the marital status change & had requested for additional docs for my wife along with the medicals..

So my advice would be to - Add the spouse while application is still in process & get PR together rather than get PR alone & go through the Sponsor path later.. With respect to timelines, though adding spouse will cause a delay in the PR application, it's worth it when compared to the long sponsorship wait time!
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get your partner and you a fresh passport request? I uploaded all my documents already, but within 2 days of the upload, I see that my husband has already *passed medical exam*. I was absolutely taken aback with the speed! LOL.

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
Ok so for the IM0008 you are required to fill it out this form and after completing you should validate and attach your signature. Your wife will also fill out an IM0008 and sign hers as well.

If you notice at Quesiton 3 it asks how many family members are included in the application and at Question 13 it asks you to state your marital status, date of marriage and name of spouse.

Hope this helps!
Actually, no. Only the principal applicant needs to fill IMM 0008. In the form, you are asked *how many family members are traveling together* (or something to that effect. If your dependent tries to provide *2* here (assuming it is only you and your spouse), and later, correctly, tries to validate the form without adding a dependent (since your spouse is a dependent, there is no question of them adding a dependent here), an error is thrown.

So basically, only the principal applicant fills IMM 008, provides the number of dependents traveling along, validates the form, and submits it. Dependents need not submit this. Rather, they will not be able to!

Harpreetsaini28

Feb 2, 2016
It's been only a week since I submitted my wife's docs.. I'm hoping that it shouldn't take much time as all my checks have already been completed but you'll never know.. Fingers crossed.. Will keep you posted of any progress..

What about yours? Did u get the Visa stamped before getting married?
Hey can you tell me how did you update your file? My consultant told me that you just change your single status to married and the checklist will generate and you will have just two hours to upload documents. Is its like that? Pls help me, i have read in other forums that you have to upload the documents using a link on cic website and they will automatically update your file, also can you tell me that do i have to wait for them to send a letter to do my husbands medical or i can get it done now with reference to my ita letter and send it upfront? Please reply. Thanks

Harpreetsaini28

Feb 2, 2016
Hi
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation where I got married post getting an E-Apr. I have informed the IRCC as well as Delhi High Commission (since my file is in Delhi at the moment) about the change in my status and below is the reply I received from the Delhi High Commission. I do not want to add points for my spouse but just add him to my application. How do I go about this situation? Please advice since I am confused about what to do next.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

A change in your family status may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed. It may also affect the total processing time for your application. If you get married or divorced, give birth to or adopt a child, or if a member of your immediate family passes away while your application for permanent residence is in process, you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of your change of family composition.

If you do not request to include your spouse on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Economic Class, you must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has increased, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport (s) both valid and expired.
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: cic

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: cic

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
cic

Your spouse will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your spouse to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You may find information about our processing times at this link: cic. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

You may also check the basic status of your file on-line by using the “Client Application Status” function in the “On-line services” section of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at cic

We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Immigration - 08.
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada
that was a vry good detailed explanation but my query is that how should i update my express entry file status to married? Shud i do it through CSE or i shud just update my file? And how much time will i get to upload my husbands documents, my consultant told me we just have two hours so wshe told me to update the file only after we get my husbands pcc and then update file directly though cic account and upload his pcc, passport, marriage certificate and POF and a picture. Can you please help me in this. Any help would be appreciated. I am really worried, its been a month since i got married and i have not been able o update file just because my husbands pcc has not been received yet. Thanks a lot.,

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi

that was a vry good detailed explanation but my query is that how should i update my express entry file status to married? Shud i do it through CSE or i shud just update my file? And how much time will i get to upload my husbands documents, my consultant told me we just have two hours so wshe told me to update the file only after we get my husbands pcc and then update file directly though cic account and upload his pcc, passport, marriage certificate and POF and a picture. Can you please help me in this. Any help would be appreciated. I am really worried, its been a month since i got married and i have not been able o update file just because my husbands pcc has not been received yet. Thanks a lot.,
U shud raise cse