19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Your points aren't reassessed if you get married anytime after getting your eAPR and before landing in Canada. If you don't add your spouse to your current application before 'landing' in Canada, they won't get PR status along with you now and you'll have to go through the longer process of spousal sponsorship later.
hello asivad. Are my points are reassessed if I get an ITA and then get married ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baljas said:
hello asivad. Are my points are reassessed if I get an ITA and then get married ?
If you get married after getting ITA and before submission, Yes.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Ok thank u very much .i ll try to submit my documents one week after getting ITA. Most probably I ll take my documents to my home country and upload my documents from there . Just for instance I would really appreciate if u can correct any additional documents I will need to apply from below
1Work reference letter
2 PCC both Canadian and home country
3 medicals
4 transcripts /diploma
5cert of qualification

khanmu18

Nov 23, 2015
Satsu said:
Hi,

I had a similar experience when I got married few days after getting my PPR. I hadn't submitted my PP for stamping instead I waited for the wedding to take place, got the marriage certificate & informed CIC about the change in Marital Status (before the expiry of 30days as indicated in PPR).

CIC acknowledged the marital status change & had requested for additional docs for my wife along with the medicals..

So my advice would be to - Add the spouse while application is still in process & get PR together rather than get PR alone & go through the Sponsor path later.. With respect to timelines, though adding spouse will cause a delay in the PR application, it's worth it when compared to the long sponsorship wait time!
Hi Satsu,

Can you please share what documentation/form were required to be filled for the spouse?

I recently got an ITA and I will submit all my documents, but I am getting married in about 3 months. So I know that my status will change before the final decision on my PR. I want to be prepared for this and maybe gather documents for my spouse beforehand to avoid delays.

Also, is it possible to notify Express entry of my change of circumstances after I have submitted my documents?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
khanmu18 said:
Hi Satsu,

Can you please share what documentation/form were required to be filled for the spouse?

I recently got an ITA and I will submit all my documents, but I am getting married in about 3 months. So I know that my status will change before the final decision on my PR. I want to be prepared for this and maybe gather documents for my spouse beforehand to avoid delays.

Also, is it possible to notify Express entry of my change of circumstances after I have submitted my documents?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sure.. Pls find the checklist below. You can inform CIC about marital status change after submission of docs..

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
 Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
 Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
 If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
 Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
 Details of the history of your relationship;
 At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate

flystanny

Mar 14, 2012
Satsu said:
Hi,

I had a similar experience when I got married few days after getting my PPR. I hadn't submitted my PP for stamping instead I waited for the wedding to take place, got the marriage certificate & informed CIC about the change in Marital Status (before the expiry of 30days as indicated in PPR).

CIC acknowledged the marital status change & had requested for additional docs for my wife along with the medicals..

So my advice would be to - Add the spouse while application is still in process & get PR together rather than get PR alone & go through the Sponsor path later.. With respect to timelines, though adding spouse will cause a delay in the PR application, it's worth it when compared to the long sponsorship wait time!
Hi Statsu,

If I may ask, How did you inform CIC about the marriage? Was it through a CSE ? Did you attach any documents to the CSE or you just waited for them to get back to you with their document request?

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
flystanny said:
Hi Statsu,

If I may ask, How did you inform CIC about the marriage? Was it through a CSE ? Did you attach any documents to the CSE or you just waited for them to get back to you with their document request?
Hi,

I replied to the PPR mail which I had received informing about the marital status change along with my marriage certificate.

They acknowledged the email & sent me a document list of & other supporting info that needed to be submitted in MyCIC account.. A link was enabled in MyCIC to upload these docs..

khanmu18

Nov 23, 2015
Satsu said:
Sure.. Pls find the checklist below. You can inform CIC about marital status change after submission of docs..

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
 Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
 Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
 If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
 Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
 Details of the history of your relationship;
 At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate
Hi Satsu,

Thank you soo much for this info. This is extremely helpful.

How about her IELTS result and my spouse's educational degrees? She has a good IELTS result and I wanted to know if she would need to have her degrees assessed by ECA? If yes then at least I can start that process.

Also, is there a way to notify CIC/Express Entry before the PPR? I know I will be married before PPR :), do I still have to wait until PPR to notify them or can I do it before as well.

Thank you once again. :)

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
khanmu18 said:
Hi Satsu,

Thank you soo much for this info. This is extremely helpful.

How about her IELTS result and my spouse's educational degrees? She has a good IELTS result and I wanted to know if she would need to have her degrees assessed by ECA? If yes then at least I can start that process.

Also, is there a way to notify CIC/Express Entry before the PPR? I know I will be married before PPR :), do I still have to wait until PPR to notify them or can I do it before as well.

Thank you once again. :)
You are very welcome..

You don't need any other docs than that I had mentioned in my previous post.. Since you are adding your spouse after submission of the application, there wouldn't be a need to neither include her IELTS nor ECA.. It doesn't matter.. You can get the docs mentioned in the list like PCC etc., ready which is actually needed since the time that they gave me for submitting was very short as well (7 days)..

I've seen that adding the spouse after getting PPR is quite fast, as they explicitly ask if there has been any updates to the marital status since the last correspondence, so my advice would be if it's already been like more than 3/4 months since your AOR or have got RPRF request, you can wait till the PPR to inform them about the change.. Else if you just submitted your appln, then you can go ahead & update the marital status..

Hope this helps.. let me know if you require any other info..

Thiagi_k

Jan 17, 2016
Hi,

I'm in the same situation too... I got my CoPR sometime in Oct/2015 and have time till May/2016 to make my first landing. But, I'm getting married in few weeks, so, planning to notify the CIC on my marital status change rather than landing there & later sponsoring my spouse (I don't want to be separated with my spouse during the sponsorship period).

But, my query is how long / tough is it to include my spouse in my application & get it reprocessed ?
If it's so tough & risk to lose even my PR, there is a slight thought in my mind to land there because at this stage I'm 95% done & only 5% (landing there) is left.

I can assure that my wife can get the medicals, Police clearance etc through the usual procedure.

I'm in the UK now, don't have much problem even if it takes sometime to get both our PRs processed but the only concern is any risk of losing my own PR which took almost more than 2 years.

And then, how about the money ? The cost involved with my wife's procedures are ok but will I have to spend money again for my own PR processing ? (meaning, will all the entire steps have tobe repeated for myself as well again ?)

Thanks, Thiagi

pavan88

Aug 31, 2014
Hi Satsu,

I am also in same situation as Thiagi_k, can you please what should we do.

Thanks in advance,
Pavan

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Already posted in other thread, Posting it again here... not sure which one is most active!
Hi,

Here’s what happened,

I got PPR request! I then send an email to CPC-OTTAWA and explained them my situation (…that, I am going to get married end of April) and asked them if I need to submit my passport now for stamping. I waited for replay for 1 week, couldn’t wait and send my passport on 16th (reached 17th) with a similar letter enclosed in the envelope. I get an update on myCIC and it says. You don’t have to submit the passport. They asked me to upload all the required documents in 30 days . That’s March 18 (I cannot do that… I clearly told them that I’m getting married end of April). I got my passport back yesterday without stamping….
I guess getting back a passport w/o stamp is a good sign at least in my case. What do you think?
Shall I reply back to CPC-OTTAWA that I cannot meet the deadline as I am getting married end of April?

Please advise,

Thanks,

CanadaResident1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi Satsu,

Your answer is very helpful. Thank you for being so elaborate.

As you had mentioned, you were provided 7 days time to submit the docs for your spouse after getting PPR. In that case, could you tell me how long it took for the application to get processed further and when you received the PR.

Thanks in advance.

tigerb

Sep 16, 2015
Satsu said:
Hi,

I replied to the PPR mail which I had received informing about the marital status change along with my marriage certificate.

They acknowledged the email & sent me a document list of & other supporting info that needed to be submitted in MyCIC account.. A link was enabled in MyCIC to upload these docs..
Hi Satsu,

I'm thankful that you posted the details of "change in martial status" email from CIC. I know it's been a while, but that might actually help me more since you would've been through the entire process by now.

Could you please help guide me with some details. I'm on a temporary work permit in Canada and my express entry points are not meeting the cutoff. However, my fiancee has received her PPR (passport request) because presumably she has received her PR as an individual applicant.

Some consultants have advised me that I should take the first flight back home and get married to her. After which, she should respond to the PPR email stating a change in status. I'm wondering how your overall experience with this process was? More specifically:

1. How long did it take you and your partner to receive the PR since you first sent CIC this change in status email?

2. Do you recommend that I do a medical and apply for police clearance in Canada even before we send this email? I'm doing this so I can have most documents ready in time. Or is that the tests/reports need a "reference number" before proceeding that will be sent to us by CIC?

3. How much time did CIC give you to submit your spouse's documents after they acknowledged your change in status email? (in my country -- India, it seems marriage certificates could take long).

4. Lastly, is getting married and adding me to her application right after receiving a PPR the right strategy? OR could this seem fishy? I will say that our relationship is genuine and we have a LONG history to prove this.

I hope somebody who was in a similar situation can give their advice asap. Thanks!:)