+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARITAL STATUS change after getting PPR

angelynn_00

Sep 8, 2016
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation where I got married post getting an E-Apr. I have informed the IRCC as well as Delhi High Commission (since my file is in Delhi at the moment) about the change in my status and below is the reply I received from the Delhi High Commission. I do not want to add points for my spouse but just add him to my application. How do I go about this situation? Please advice since I am confused about what to do next.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

A change in your family status may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed. It may also affect the total processing time for your application. If you get married or divorced, give birth to or adopt a child, or if a member of your immediate family passes away while your application for permanent residence is in process, you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of your change of family composition.

If you do not request to include your spouse on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Economic Class, you must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has increased, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport (s) both valid and expired.
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: cic

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: cic

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
cic

Your spouse will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your spouse to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You may find information about our processing times at this link: cic. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

You may also check the basic status of your file on-line by using the “Client Application Status” function in the “On-line services” section of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at cic

We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Immigration - 08.
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada

pjk

Dec 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Satsu said:
Sure.. Pls find the checklist below. You can inform CIC about marital status change after submission of docs..

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
 Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
 Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
 If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
 Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
 Details of the history of your relationship;
 At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate
Hi Satsu,
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I am in similar situation.
I intend to get married before landing as sponsoring the spouse after landing in Canada takes a long time.
Could you please confirm how much time it took after you informed CiC about your marriage?

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Hello there,

I am inland PNP -PR applicant and need u r suggestion on adding my wife to my PR application. Please reply as soon as possible.

 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
Do i have to just fill this form IMM 008 with including my spouse details. or Both myself and my spouse need to fill this form as two separate IMM0008 Forms and submit 2 forms.

 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
same question as for IMM 0008... me and my spouse both of us need to submit this IMM 5406 or only updated IMM 5406 from me with including my spouse in that form.

 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP

only by my spouse.. right?

only by spouse right>

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
charan9985 said:
Hello there,

I am inland PNP -PR applicant and need u r suggestion on adding my wife to my PR application. Please reply as soon as possible.

 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
Do i have to just fill this form IMM 008 with including my spouse details. or Both myself and my spouse need to fill this form as two separate IMM0008 Forms and submit 2 forms.

 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
same question as for IMM 0008... me and my spouse both of us need to submit this IMM 5406 or only updated IMM 5406 from me with including my spouse in that form.

 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP

only by my spouse.. right? Yes

only by spouse right> Yes

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
thanks for u r reply.. what about the 1st 2 points..

-->Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
charan9985 said:

-->Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

You have to provide 2 separate completed​ forms by yourself and your spouse or common law partner

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
charan9985 said:

The above comment is correct. You need to provide two separate completed IMM 5406 and IMM 008 for yourself and spouse.

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Nitz_Au said:
The above comment is correct. You need to provide two separate completed IMM 5406 and IMM 008 for yourself and spouse.
Thank you for reply. I agree with you for IMM 5406, But are you sure for IMM0008, because i read the following in one of the other forms:

Ratings: +0

Re: Add Spouse To PR Application which is currently in Processing
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:12 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Hammer on April 20, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
Hello awesome people,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through all threads on this forum topic, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you people to help.

Ques 1- Does I have sent only my updated IMM008 Generic application form or one for myself & second for my wife filled by her?
answer) You have to send the updated IMM008 form. It should be only filled by you and you will be signing it. You just need to write your wife information in the Dependent section.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
charan9985 said:
Thank you for reply. I agree with you for IMM 5406, But are you sure for IMM0008, because i read the following in one of the other forms:

Ratings: +0

Re: Add Spouse To PR Application which is currently in Processing
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:12 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Hammer on April 20, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
Hello awesome people,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through all threads on this forum topic, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you people to help.

You have to provide 2 accomplished IMM 008. I added my spouse after PPR and I got the same spousal kit from CIC. I'm damn sure about it :) as it was clearly mentioned 'yourself and your spouse or CLP'

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Nitz_Au said:
You have to provide 2 accomplished IMM 008. I added my spouse after PPR and I got the same spousal kit from CIC. I'm damn sure about it :) as it was clearly mentioned 'yourself and your spouse or CLP'
Awesome.. thank you so much.. i've benn struggling on this for a week.. even cic call center guys also gave me mixed answers so i just want to make sure.. thank you once again...

and how much time it took to process both (your's and your spouse) applications to CIC after sending these documents to CIC..

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Hello Nitz_au

i have couple of questions more :)

while filling imm0008 by my spouse, what class and category she should select.. is it 'Family' class and 'spouse' category... (or) 'Economic' class 'Provincial nominee category.. because in my imm0008 it will be 'Economic' --> 'PNP' ..

and my wife's passport is issued before our marriage and carries her own 'family name/surname'. but after marriage she will get my family name (as in marriage certificate).. so while filling the forms should I mention her 'family name' as in passport or should I mention my family name as her family name?

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
charan9985 said:
Hello Nitz_au

i have couple of questions more :)

while filling imm0008 by my spouse, what class and category she should select.. is it 'Family' class and 'spouse' category... (or) 'Economic' class 'Provincial nominee category.. because in my imm0008 it will be 'Economic' --> 'PNP' ..

and my wife's passport is issued before our marriage and carries her own 'family name/surname'. but after marriage she will get my family name (as in marriage certificate).. so while filling the forms should I mention her 'family name' as in passport or should I mention my family name as her family name?
1. I added my spouse under the same category I am.
(Economic Class-PNP) I'm PNP Inland applicant too
2.Im not sure about the passport, cause we've been married here in Canada and I'm allowed not to have a change of legal name. It depends in your country's procedure where the marriage took place in my opinion, if it requires in your home country to have a legal change after marriage then your wife have to do a legal name change before sending your spousal kit.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hi Nitz_au
I am also in process of filling the forms as I added my spouse this week to the express entry application after getting PPR! This thread has been very useful so far! Can you please let me know whether I have to include my travel details as well in the IMM 5562E form?
I have already included my travel info in my application for express entry.. should I do it again ?

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
nagarjun rao said:
Hi Nitz_au
I am also in process of filling the forms as I added my spouse this week to the express entry application after getting PPR! This thread has been very useful so far! Can you please let me know whether I have to include my travel details as well in the IMM 5562E form?
I have already included my travel info in my application for express entry.. should I do it again ?
No, only for your spouse or CLP.
Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
Hi everyone

I have a couple of questions about adding my spouse to my PR application in processing. I informed CIC about my marital status change and received the instruction letter. Now I'm preparing all my documents. So I have the following questions:

1. I searched on this forum and saw that for IMM 0008, the text in the letter used to be updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse about 2 years ago. Since last year they seem to have changed it and it says yourself AND your spouse.
My question is, since you declare all the same info about your spouse in the dependent section then what's the point of the spouse filling the same info in another IMM 0008? If they do have to fill, do they have to add me in the dependent section in their form?

2. Do my spouse and me have to sign the forms by printing them and scanning them or is there a digital signature available after uploading all the documents?

3. My instruction letter does not ask for my spouse's photographs. I saw many posts by people where it was not asked. Did anybody here receive further instructions at a later time asking for photographs?