Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Hello,
I have a few questions:

1) Physical Presence Calculator: Could anyone please tell me more about this? On the application, it asks for print outs of this document.

2) Taxes filed in the past 5 years: I got my PR in April 2014, do I have to start counting my 5 years of filing taxes from that date? Because if I count from the date of issue of my PR, it has just 4 years of tax filing, or would you recommend that I file my 2018 taxes and then send out my Citizenship application form?

3) Proof of English Language Knowledge: It asks the following on the form "Did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1 2008 to October 31 2012?" I am not sure what LINC or CLIC means, I have given my ILETS between 2008 and 2012, will that suffice or will have to take the English language test again?

4) Copies of all biological pages of the passport: Does this mean that I have to make a copy of all the pages of my passport and attach it to my citizenship application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1) It is a tool to determine if you meet requirements for time spent in Canada (Including time credit for any time spent as a temporary resident that may count towards the residency requirement)

2) I filed my 2018 taxes yesterday, sending the application out tomorrow. Covering the last five years (in your case 2018-2014 inclusive) is a good idea.

3) Not entirely sure about this. Did you complete any schooling in Canada?

4) From Canada.ca, "The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo,passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of your current passport and/or travel document. Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s)"

mrsleexx

Mar 3, 2019
Hello everyone, planning to send my application this week. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. You guys didn't attach copy of your PR card or COPR right?

mrsleexx

Mar 3, 2019
I haven't filed my taxes yet for 2018. Is it okay to submit my application even if I am just about to file?

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
1) It is a tool to determine if you meet requirements for time spent in Canada (Including time credit for any time spent as a temporary resident that may count towards the residency requirement)

2) I filed my 2018 taxes yesterday, sending the application out tomorrow. Covering the last five years (in your case 2018-2014 inclusive) is a good idea.

3) Not entirely sure about this. Did you complete any schooling in Canada?

4) From Canada.ca, "The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo,passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of your current passport and/or travel document. Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s)"

@aero_eng Thank you so much for your reply.

3) Yes, I came to Canada as a student on a student VISA.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Your first and last name should be as it appear on your passport/PR Card. If you want to spilt it, I will recommend waiting until the processing of your citizenship application is complete.
Ok, is it possible if i split ir now (legal name change) and with that certificate I can apply the citizenship with splitted name?
Or i’ll have to get it changed in PR as well before applying for citizenship?

Thank you

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello All,
Just a question, with regards to the "Physical Presence Calculator", it says that the date on this document must match the date on which the Citizenship Application form is signed. I am so confused about this. so, does this mean that if the date on the Physical Presence Calculator and the Citizenship Application form are different, it will not be accepted?

Please advice.

Thank you so much.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Hello All,
Just a question, with regards to the "Physical Presence Calculator", it says that the date on this document must match the date on which the Citizenship Application form is signed. I am so confused about this. so, does this mean that if the date on the Physical Presence Calculator and the Citizenship Application form are different, it will not be accepted?

Please advice.

Thank you so much.
Yes. All the dates need to match based on the requirement
Reference q&a in the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=9C8EB39DAC86391C0813F6351319CF40?redir=faq#Q15

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Yes. All the dates need to match based on the requirement
Reference q&a in the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=9C8EB39DAC86391C0813F6351319CF40?redir=faq#Q15
@GraceCan, thank you for your response

This is what it says:
A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation; (Does this mean that the system automatically dates itself, the day we do the calculations? or is it the entry that we first make into the calculations, where it asks you to enter the date of the present date?)
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
@GraceCan, thank you for your response

This is what it says:
A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation; (Does this mean that the system automatically dates itself, the day we do the calculations? or is it the entry that we first make into the calculations, where it asks you to enter the date of the present date?)
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults
Make sure all the three locations have the same date (say DATE 1)

In the Physical Calculator Page make sure all the Two locations have the same date
Application Date: DATE 1
SIGN DATE: DATE 1

cit0002e-2
SIGN DATE: DATE 1

Sucaba

Nov 17, 2012
Pls add my application

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1141
App Sent: February 27, 2019
App Recd: March 4, 2019

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Should we provide proof of any statuses we've had in other countries? I had a working holiday maker visa to the UK from many years ago and I photocopied the visa from my old passport to send as proof of the status. Should I send it or no?

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Hello All,

Please advice.

All the fiorms that have your signature must be all in the same date. If your Physical presence Calculator is dated today, it should be the same date as your citizenship application.

Reactions: getlucky2018