+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Discussion in 'Citizenship' started by YamPower, Feb 5, 2019.

  1. Hi @click.trick, if you need help with another contributor managing (adding new users, details) into the March 2019 google sheet then let me know. Can look after this for a few months after my office hours. I'm on the Eastern time zone.

  2. Just wondering if I have to do my taxes prior to submission? I will be doing it by the end of this month? Anyone who's submitting in march and has put Required to file? YES filed? NO

  3. Sending again.
    Please add my application

    Location: Calgary
    App.Type: Single
    Physical Presence Days: 1141
    App Sent: February 27, 2019
    App Recd: March 4, 2019
  4. Not sure to be honest. That is why I submitted my tax first, and then the application after that.
    Was eligible in Feb, but wanted to wait until tax was done, just so that i can answer 'Yes' and 'Yes' to 'Required To File' and 'Have you Filed'

    Edit: Other side of the scenario, see post:
  5. If you legally change your name before applying, then yes.

    As for changing it on your PR card or COPR, I am not entirely sure. Maybe someone in similar experience can answer that.

    However, if you can wait to change the name until you get citizenship, I will recommend that. Later on, changing your name is easy (Not sure where you live but in Ontario, the process is straight forward https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-name)
  6. Yes I am thinking of changing it later now.
    I live in Alberta. Do you know if i change it later, after getting citizenship certificate, can i apply the passport with new name (with legal change of name certificate) OR first i’ll have to get it changed on citizenship certificate and only then i can apply for passport.
  7. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/change-name.html

    1) You would need to change it on your citizenship certificate and then apply for passport.

    2) Or wait to receive the passport and change the name on all the documents after.
    calgary17 likes this.
  8. @GraceCan
    Thank you so much. I will make sure all dates are the same. thank you.
  9. @aero_eng this article says that the proof of Degree, Diploma or Certificate could be from inside Canada or outside, do you think that my POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN HR from Canada would suffice or should I also send a copy of my DEGREE from back home?

    Please advice,
  10. please loginto the spreadsheet and request for access as i just got access that way
    i am away on business trip and wont be able to update the sheet for this week
    cursor18 likes this.
  11. Done

Share This Page