+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Discussion in 'Citizenship' started by YamPower, Feb 5, 2019.

1. 1) It is a tool to determine if you meet requirements for time spent in Canada (Including time credit for any time spent as a temporary resident that may count towards the residency requirement)

2) I filed my 2018 taxes yesterday, sending the application out tomorrow. Covering the last five years (in your case 2018-2014 inclusive) is a good idea.

3) Not entirely sure about this. Did you complete any schooling in Canada?

4) From Canada.ca, "The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo,passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of your current passport and/or travel document. Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s)"

2. Hello everyone, planning to send my application this week. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. You guys didn't attach copy of your PR card or COPR right?

3. I haven't filed my taxes yet for 2018. Is it okay to submit my application even if I am just about to file?

4. @aero_eng Thank you so much for your reply.

3) Yes, I came to Canada as a student on a student VISA.

5. Ok, is it possible if i split ir now (legal name change) and with that certificate I can apply the citizenship with splitted name?
    Or i’ll have to get it changed in PR as well before applying for citizenship?

Thank you

6. Hello All,
    Just a question, with regards to the "Physical Presence Calculator", it says that the date on this document must match the date on which the Citizenship Application form is signed. I am so confused about this. so, does this mean that if the date on the Physical Presence Calculator and the Citizenship Application form are different, it will not be accepted?

Please advice.

Thank you so much.

7. Yes. All the dates need to match based on the requirement
    Reference q&a in the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=9C8EB39DAC86391C0813F6351319CF40?redir=faq#Q15

8. @GraceCan, thank you for your response

This is what it says:
    A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
    • Date of application used in this calculation; (Does this mean that the system automatically dates itself, the day we do the calculations? or is it the entry that we first make into the calculations, where it asks you to enter the date of the present date?)
    • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
    • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults

9. Make sure all the three locations have the same date (say DATE 1)

In the Physical Calculator Page make sure all the Two locations have the same date
    Application Date: DATE 1
    SIGN DATE: DATE 1

cit0002e-2
    SIGN DATE: DATE 1

10. Pls add my application

App.Type: Single
    Physical Presence Days: 1141
    App Sent: February 27, 2019
    App Recd: March 4, 2019

11. Should we provide proof of any statuses we've had in other countries? I had a working holiday maker visa to the UK from many years ago and I photocopied the visa from my old passport to send as proof of the status. Should I send it or no?

getlucky2018 likes this.
  13. Hey @click.trick Can you add me into the march 2019 tracker ?

14. Hi click trick

I sent application
    On 27th Feb 2019
    Recieved by cic 1st March
    Adult single
    Presence says 1134