+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Immiman

Sep 4, 2008
I was previously a PR had to revoke and reapply.

March 17 19 - AOR

May 1, 2019 - Medicals
May 6, 2019 - Biometrics
July 24, 2019 - Request to pay for PR

Waiting no update at all.

Khush_Mugambo

Jan 20, 2019
1 shouldn't matter. Mine and my wife's (non-accompanying) addresses were different in the application (same city though). Reg. change of address, best to call up and ensure as a friend of mine found out that her address wasn't changed even after web-form confirmation. They changed it over the call.

2. I guess so. You'll need to send a prepaid and pre-printed return envelope while submitting your passports. You can probably put any address there. This assuming you are in Canada that is.
Thanks for the response. And no I am not in Canada, I am in the US. Does that change things? I can still put any US address I want to, right?

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
AOR March 18. Haven't had an update in 5 months. Single applicant with a very simple application. I already live in Canada, I have a job and pay taxes here, yet my application is taking forever. Sigh... I wish I could move to another country, it's like Canada doesn't want me to stay here.

My AOR is March 2, 2019, and I'm still waiting. I'm working in Vancouver BC, Canada and paying taxes here as well. Don't lose heart! Keep waiting and hope we can get the PPR email soon.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I was previously a PR had to revoke and reapply.

March 17 19 - AOR

May 1, 2019 - Medicals
May 6, 2019 - Biometrics
July 24, 2019 - Request to pay for PR

Waiting no update at all.
I had same, revoked previous. AOR march 24, residing in US, same timeline, but i paid before application. Biometric done 7 may

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I tried calling on CIC number but they are having high volume of calls so i was not connected to a live agent.

Btw i am using call hippo app.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Finally Connected with CIC agent:
Update: Criminality Cleared, Security not Started. Eligibility in Process

No Idea when it ll get done but at least i know something now.

AOR 24 March
Biomentric 7th May

Also, use Fongo Mobile app(app for $5- all canada calls are free) call 8882422100, hear to complete automated instructions and wait for representative.
Thanks for someone who helped me here as i was not listening to the automated voice and not getting through, someone here told me to wait and listen to complete list of selections they say on automated voice.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019

AOR 24 March
Biomentric 7th May

Also, use Fongo Mobile app(app for $5- all canada calls are free) call 8882422100, hear to complete automated instructions and wait for representative.
Thanks for someone who helped me here as i was not listening to the automated voice and not getting through, someone here told me to wait and listen to complete list of selections they say on automated voice.
DId you know your Visa Office?

Khush_Mugambo

Jan 20, 2019

AOR 24 March
Biomentric 7th May

So i downloaded the app and called the IRCC number (from the US). Unfortunately-
(1) They are unable to pull the status of the application based on the information (App# & Year of birth) I keyed in, and
(2) They are unable to transfer the call to an agent due to high call volume.

Guess i just need to keep trying.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
So i downloaded the app and called the IRCC number (from the US). Unfortunately-
(1) They are unable to pull the status of the application based on the information (App# & Year of birth) I keyed in, and
(2) They are unable to transfer the call to an agent due to high call volume.

Guess i just need to keep trying.
Happened to me too , call early morning at 8-8.15 EST, u ll have 5-10 minutes wait but u ll get through, dnt wrry about automated system, Agent will find your File.

Reactions: Khush_Mugambo

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I am curious to know about PRs getting revoked. So you guys went through this entire process to get a PR and then it was revoked? On what grounds if I may ask?
Yes sometime you get PR but you are not able to settle in Canada for any reason (work in US, issues back in India, family issues) whatever maybe the case. And you are also unable to meet PR requirements.
In that case you renounce your PR before it expires or after. Not renouncing your PR will cause future issues for Canada Travel/Visa.
So it is quiet common people to renounce there existing PRs and they get official letter from Canada that they are no longer a PR.

This way you start with clean slate or else you might end up with no any chances of getting back to Canada on Any Visa

Hope this helps