+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

Afgboy_2017

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi! When you link your application, did you use the PA information or the sponsor information?
You use the PA information and the email you put on there. It is quite hard to link. See other post for linking. Cic give you 5 tries per 24 hr. Be strategic and write down what you try or use excel sheet to keep track.

Reactions: Chloe Du

Chloe Du

Sep 21, 2017
You use the PA information and the email you put on there. It is quite hard to link. See other post for linking. Cic give you 5 tries per 24 hr. Be strategic and write down what you try or use excel sheet to keep track.
Thank you so much guys! i finally got it linked !
Best luck to ourselves!

MGC

Jun 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

Been following the thread for awhile, so thanks (and good luck) to everyone who posts. I have a general inquiry about leaving Canada while the PR paperwork is pending.

My work permit has expired during my spousal PR application, and I am on the verge of receiving the OWP shortly (hopefully within 1-3 weeks). This happened as I was only given a single year Work Permit (LMIA-exempt under NAFTA) from CBSA but am on a two-year contract from my company. Thus I am on "implied status". I am from the USA and need to leave the country for 3 days next week, going back to the US for a very quick trip. I am from a visa-exempt country, so getting back into Canada should be fine, but I think I will lose my implied status and have to stop working, no? Will this simply be at the discretion of the CBSA as to whether I lose the implied status? If I leave, should I simply enter as a visitor? I also realize they may say that I have "abandoned my application" by leaving Canada, which is unfortunate. I am not trying to cheat the system, but have a family event that was planned over a year ago.

I know it's risky, but has anyone had experience with leaving Canada while awaiting their OWP/PR application?

APPLICATION FOR PR & OWP SENT: March 12, 2018
(Schedule A and PCC submitted upfront)
APPLICATION RECEIVED: March 13, 2018
AOR RECEIVED: April 11, 2018

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi @MGC,

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is in line with what you've posted. When you leave Canada you forfeit your implied status; meaning that you will attempt to re-enter Canada you will be making an entirely new application for entry into Canada.

You will have to convince the CBSA officer that you will fulfil all the conditions of the type of entry you are seeking. In this case as a visitor.

This means that without proper authorization you are not allowed to work in Canada. You will also have to show that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself, insurance, and that you have sufficient ties to return to your home country (or leave Canada otherwise) at the end of your alotted stay, or until your status in Canada changes.

It comes down to the officer on the day, but if they look at it objectively; they'll see that you don't have a job outside of Canada and that it's probably very likely that you will work in Canada without the proper authorization and therefore be justified in denying you entry.

This is why it's recommended that anyone on an inland application does not leave Canada until they've either received the OWP, or AIP (but even then there's the risk of being denied entry).

Once you're denied entry, your inland application + OWP application will be abandoned.

BlakeT57

Jun 8, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-04-2018
Hi,

My timeline:

Application received at Mississauga on March 13th. AOR on April 10th.

PCC and schedule A sent on April 11th

Blake

Reactions: jelbelle

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Hello. I am a Canada PR and recently married (in Feb 2018). I am an Indian national and my Spouse is a Vietnam national. I need to apply for her PR Sponsorship as a spouse. Can I have her apply for a Visitor Visa first (TRV) and then apply for her PR as an inland applicant ? If I can do this - how long should her stay be indicated in her Visitor Visa application ? 6 months or can it be more ? Please advise. Thanks!

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Hi March applicants!

As we round the three month mark, I’m wondering if any March applicants have received OWP (if you applied for one)?

Seems like they are still finishing up OWPs for late Feb applicants, but curious if anyone who applied in March has received there’s yet?

Hoping for good news in a few weeks time as I’m March 19th OWP application received.

Wookiee

Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
15-03-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Request
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
16-05-2018
Hi March applicants!

As we round the three month mark, I’m wondering if any March applicants have received OWP (if you applied for one)?

Seems like they are still finishing up OWPs for late Feb applicants, but curious if anyone who applied in March has received there’s yet?

Hoping for good news in a few weeks time as I’m March 19th OWP application received.
Hey Matt,

have you already received "background check started" status? We have received "medical passed" on May 15 and since then - silence.
What is the most common status right now?

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Hey Matt,

have you already received "background check started" status? We have received "medical passed" on May 15 and since then - silence.
What is the most common status right now?
Hi, no I haven’t had my background check started, but also have passed the medical exam in May. No news since then either. I’m expecting the next step to be OWP eligibility review and then hopefully getting the OWP.

Not sure what the most common status is now for March applicants but guessing it’s the same for most people. Seems like a lot of the Feb applicants got their OWP around the 4 month mark but I’m hoping for Miné at the 3 - 3 and a half mark... though that is entirely wishful thinking :)

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi March applicants!

Hi,
March 6th applicant.
No OWP as of yet.

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have received my AOR on 10 June, and I have linked my application (PR) but I am not able to link my OWP application. I am on Visitor Visa and applied for Inland PR application with OWP

What option Do I need to select for Which situation applies to the applicant? Applied for a PR as a spouse or Common law partner in Canada?

Many Thanks