+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Application received by CIC: March 08

I applied PR and OWP for my wife. We received only one Application number. My question is, can we link both PR application and OWP application or can you link only the PR application ?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Application received by CIC: March 08

I applied PR and OWP for my wife. We received only one Application number. My question is, can we link both PR application and OWP application or can you link only the PR application ?
Same time, I only have the PR Application number so I only linked the PR, I don't know what should I do or when should I wait to see the OWP.

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I just linked OWP as well. I received the AOR on April 5th. I linked the PR application within 7 days, but I just linked the OWP. Will that cause any issues ?

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Same time, I only have the PR Application number so I only linked the PR, I don't know what should I do or when should I wait to see the OWP.
I was able to link it. So to link OWP you should choose Temp Residence as category then work permit and extension under sub category . Then under application details, I chose Family name, given name and DOB

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Once I linked it with Family name, given name and DOB, I can see a different application number under submitted applications.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Once I linked it with Family name, given name and DOB, I can see a different application number under submitted applications.
The CIC account is actually my consultant's account, and she insists to say that we don't have to link the OWP, I am confused now.

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
The CIC account is actually my consultant's account, and she insists to say that we don't have to link the OWP, I am confused now.
It may not be needed. I don't know for certain. CIC sent us the application number for PR only and didnt send us an email with OWP application number. I had to use the other way round to link it and get the application number

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
It may not be needed. I don't know for certain. CIC sent us the application number for PR only and didnt send us an email with OWP application number. I had to use the other way round to link it and get the application number
Will you get a lot of information through MyCIC tho? or only the decision?

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Application received on March 26th, ended up sending mine in a little later than I wanted to because I only found out that you're supposed to send in your background check with it now the day before I was ready to send it, but I got my app and my background check with it submitted. Haven't gotten an AOR yet, also applied for an extended temporary residency permit and got approved for that (submitted it on March 22nd) on April 20th. Still waiting for my permit to come in the mail, waiting for it so I can apply for ohip. Anyone else with a similar time frame for the PR application though? I was hoping I would get my AOR this week and nothing yet sadly.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Application received on March 26th, ended up sending mine in a little later than I wanted to because I only found out that you're supposed to send in your background check with it now the day before I was ready to send it, but I got my app and my background check with it submitted. Haven't gotten an AOR yet, also applied for an extended temporary residency permit and got approved for that (submitted it on March 22nd) on April 20th. Still waiting for my permit to come in the mail, waiting for it so I can apply for ohip. Anyone else with a similar time frame for the PR application though? I was hoping I would get my AOR this week and nothing yet sadly.
WOW you got your OWP approved less than a month!! Congrats! Such a great news!

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
WOW you got your OWP approved less than a month!! Congrats! Such a great news!
Ah, no. Not my OWP. I didn't submit one. I instead submitted a visitor extenstion/ temporary residency and that was approved, but I won't be working so I didn't pay the extra 150$ to get a work permit. :)