+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Ah, no. Not my OWP. I didn't submit one. I instead submitted a visitor extenstion/ temporary residency and that was approved, but I won't be working so I didn't pay the extra 150$ to get a work permit. :)
ohhh, that's also good news;)

chinup

Apr 26, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time here. I am getting a bit worried :(. My spouse is sponsoring me inland and the application was received by the Mississauga office on March 29 and I haven't heard anything. My open work permit expires in June and I was hoping to hear something by now.

Any advise.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time here. I am getting a bit worried :(. My spouse is sponsoring me inland and the application was received by the Mississauga office on March 29 and I haven't heard anything. My open work permit expires in June and I was hoping to hear something by now.

Any advise.
Have you submitted your PCC and Schedule A yet? Usually, it takes 4-8 weeks to have ROA, with the application number. You should wait another couple of weeks. Besides, it is ok if you have a permit and a job, you can continue to work as you are as long as you have your OWP submitted. It is called "implied status", you can check CIC web for this.

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
I am principal application and im confused about the dependant part in the form IMM 0008F. do I need to put my family members ? I really hope someone could help me out. Thank you.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I am principal application and im confused about the dependant part in the form IMM 0008F. do I need to put my family members ? I really hope someone could help me out. Thank you.
I am no expert but I assume it means family members who depend on you.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I hope Feb applicants start receiving their OWP soon! Let's March applicants hope for the best for all of us!

One question: if I already hold an OWP, do I have to go to Canada Service to change a SIN number after I got a new OWP? The current SIN number have an expire date same as the OWP. The reason why I am asking this is that it is going to be a lot of work to do to change it. Any advice?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I hope Feb applicants start receiving their OWP soon! Let's March applicants hope for the best for all of us!

One question: if I already hold an OWP, do I have to go to Canada Service to change a SIN number after I got a new OWP? The current SIN number have an expire date same as the OWP. The reason why I am asking this is that it is going to be a lot of work to do to change it. Any advice?
The number will be the same, but you will have to reactivate it with your new work permit so that employers can verify your status.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
The number will be the same, but you will have to reactivate it with your new work permit so that employers can verify your status.
Thanks! As long as it is the same number, I don't have to change CRA or anything else!

Chloe Du

Sep 21, 2017
Hi guys!
i'm the PA and it've been about 5 weeks since my application submitted,no AOr yet so just a bit worry reading people's timeline . Any advice or idea pls!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi guys!
i'm the PA and it've been about 5 weeks since my application submitted,no AOr yet so just a bit worry reading people's timeline . Any advice or idea pls!
5 weeks is still within the reasonable time. Hang in there for 2 more weeks then you can call using your UCI. Be sure to check your spam folder.

Reactions: Chloe Du

knyman

May 28, 2018
I'm just posting to share my progress with others. I included my schedule A with the original application so the most recent update I have is that I received my AOR on April 21st after my application was received March 27.

agiroux

May 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My husband applied to sponsor me in March and, we received confirmation that it was received on April 9th. I am having so much trouble linking our application. Every time we tried to link the application it says it is not found. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Hope your applications are going well!
I'm new to the forum.

PR Sponsorship and OWP application received on 26th of March.
No AOR yet so I'm getting a bit worried as it's now been over 2 months and I've noticed a lot of you seem to receive the AOR within 4 - 8 weeks.
Has anyone had an AOR take longer than 8 weeks? Client Application Status has the application listed as 'PR Application Received'.

My 'visitor status' was set to expire on April 4th, and the application package was accepted on March 26th so I was under the understanding that I would be on 'implied status' while the visa is being processed since the application was accepted prior to that expiration date. But now wondering if this is causing the delay/creating an issue. Any feedback and tips would be much appreciated.