+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Nikithadattatri

Jul 26, 2019
If your file is in process, you apply for a work permit extension, it is some specific category WP, and that will be open, they will grant you 99%, you should have applied already, you are eligible to apply 4 months before expiry of your WP.

check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_i
I can apply for a work permit extension only if I have one . I already had an open post graduate work permit. Which expired and then I applied for a course and got a two year study permit . As per rules I can apply for PGWP only once. Now what are my odds.

Nikithadattatri

Jul 26, 2019
Dude, it is simple and as someone before me said, it is very likely you will be approved. You are running into the last month of the expiration. Please apply ASAP. The processing time is about 3.5 months, but until they make decision, you can legally work and stay in Canada. Do not waste even a single day. Make it easy on yourself and get it done. You will have to have valid medical that is done less than 12 months ago or you will have to do it again. Please, I suggest you get this done as soon as you can.
I can apply for a work permit extension only if I have one . I already had an open post graduate work permit. Which expired and then I applied for a course and got a two year study permit . As per rules I can apply for PGWP only once. Now what are my odds.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Maybe you can apply for BOWP (Bridging Open WP) as your pr application is in process. Taking advice from lawyer/ IRCC registered consultant may be good too.

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
It doesn't matter you can still apply for work permit as your application is in process, dont worry

Reactions: EE12345

LaDavid

Oct 15, 2018
Just a quick question for the group. I decided to contact my MP after 15 months. Just wondering for those who contacted their MP how long after did they receive an update from the MP regarding their application?

Reactions: jessy87

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Just a quick question for the group. I decided to contact my MP after 15 months. Just wondering for those who contacted their MP how long after did they receive an update from the MP regarding their application?
It varies from case and MP I think. In my case, I would get update in about 3 days from MP in email. The application status is still the same, I mean it has not caused my file to get started processing or anything. But I would get reply from MP about status of my file in about 3 business days. Thanks.

ziah6237

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Guys I got the golden Ready for Visa email today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:
- AOR: March 26, 2018
- Medical passed two weeks after AOR.
- Eligibility went under RR because I forgot to upload my diploma. VO left the comment on my file on April 10 2018 and my points got deducted for Canadian education. Nothing was communicated to me during the time.
- Criminality passed on Aug 10 2018.
Ordered my first GCMS notes in Oct 2018 and found out about my diploma and my RR situation. (I was so angry when I found out because they never asked me for it and all the agent I spoke to over the phone told me my file was fine and nothing was missing...lies)
Uploaded the missing documents right after.
- Nothing happened for 8 months until I got a ghost update around early June saying my eligibility and security passed, only thing pending was expired medical. They told me they were waiting to see if it would be extended.
- Ghost update on Jul 4 2019 saying medical passed (extended)
- Jul 8 2019 Golden Email!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

WOW, that's a long journey! The golden email is ?

Reactions: kzeed12
Aug 13, 2019
Hello everybody!

I've been waiting for PPR since March 2018, medical passed in February 2018.

Starting from May 2018 there was no hearing from CIC. However, today they have sent me a medical exam request. To your experience, does it mean that they are ready to lodge me a visa? How long should I wait for PPR after that?

Thanks! :)

Reactions: jessy87 and kzeed12

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hello everybody!

Starting from May 2018 there was no hearing from CIC. However, today they have sent me a medical exam request. To your experience, does it mean that they are ready to lodge me a visa? How long should I wait for PPR after that?

I read in this forum that after passing medical exam it can take 2 days to 30 days. I have more often seen PPR coming in 10 days after MEP.
I am in the same boat, remedical done on Aug 12th.

Aug 13, 2019
I read in this forum that after passing medical exam it can take 2 days to 30 days. I have more often seen PPR coming in 10 days after MEP.
I am in the same boat, remedical done on Aug 12th.
Thanks. It's extremely important for me that it won't take half a year to get PPR after remedical. Month or even two is not a problem.

Johnnykilroy

Nov 13, 2018
Update for the Group.
After 17 months
Several Calls to CIC ( standard response each time )
Used MP's office to get information ( Was very helpful in finding out missing documents and getting those documents submitted quickly)
Sent a Email to the minister’s Office ( Standard reply: processing times vary)

Received Email this week after remedical. ( Remedical took about 2 months to go through)

Tips I found helpful.
1. Being Patient and Not thinking about it every day. 17 months feels like 17 years if you check your profile every day. ( Praying about it helped calm my nerves)
2. MP’s office was great finding out information on my behalf. I requested an in person meeting with the admin person from the MP office.

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hello everybody!

omg, so your medical had expired for 6 months before you were asked to redo them??? which office is your application been processed?

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Update for the Group.
After 17 months
Several Calls to CIC ( standard response each time )
Used MP's office to get information ( Was very helpful in finding out missing documents and getting those documents submitted quickly)
Sent a Email to the minister’s Office ( Standard reply: processing times vary)

Received Email this week after remedical. ( Remedical took about 2 months to go through)

Tips I found helpful.
1. Being Patient and Not thinking about it every day. 17 months feels like 17 years if you check your profile every day. ( Praying about it helped calm my nerves)
2. MP’s office was great finding out information on my behalf. I requested an in person meeting with the admin person from the MP office.
when did your medicals expired and when did they ask you to redo them???