+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Jibike

Oct 16, 2015
Any updates for anyone near time line as below:
AOR: March 25th 2018.

Its been 241 days now and the wait continues.
I can not even reach the call center. Is it possible they can block us?
Each day passes by and all I can think of is will I get answers today?

My status in Canada has expired. I have applied for bridging work permit and still waiting on it. I have the Application number for work permit extension and that is also not started. Shows only submitted on my online status. Its been 25 days to that application as well.

I am getting very frustrated now. Today HR at my work called me and said I need to provide Work-permit extension that is approved, all she gave me was end of this week.

Does it mean I will have to exit the country?
I am very much confused now, as some say I can stay as long as my file is in process fro PR under Express Entry. Some say I can only stay 90 days after my Work - Permit expires that is called Implied status.

If I do not have any status by end of this week, I might lose my Job. This is really something to worry about fro me now.
Never expected this. But it is happening now. And I do not like it at all.

Does any one have suggestions? Do help...!!!!!!

Thank you in advance..!!
Stay positive. Your temporary residence status is different from your permanent residency aspirations. So long you've submitted an app for work permit extension, you still have implied status until a final decision is made and I think you should let your place of work know that.
Soonest, both Applications will be concluded accordingly. So just relax.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Sorry for the previous answer. Didn't read the full quote...

Given that you applied for the bridging open work permit, you're fine. You can remain under the conditions of your original work permit. Tell your HR that you are under implied status, which lasts until the work permit extension is processed (there's no 90 days limit).

Edit: here's a link from the help center: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17
Thank you for the response. I tried talking to HR today morning. But she deosnt wana listen, all she says is I need valid status until this friday max Monday afternoon, If not I will be relieved from my duties. :(

This is the reason i am worried more.
One more thing came up, My grandfather is in I.C.U in INDIA, and he is carving to see me and my wife. This is all coming at once and I really have no options to deal with, and I do not understand at all what to do now. If I travel to India I may not be able to enter again as my status is expired.

I AM REALLY IN VERY BAD SITUATION NOW.... :( :( :(

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Stay positive. Your temporary residence status is different from your permanent residency aspirations. So long you've submitted an app for work permit extension, you still have implied status until a final decision is made and I think you should let your place of work know that.
Soonest, both Applications will be concluded accordingly. So just relax.
Thank you for the response. I tried talking to HR today morning. But she deosnt wana listen, all she says is I need valid status until this friday max Monday afternoon, If not I will be relieved from my duties. :(

This is the reason i am worried more.
One more thing came up, My grandfather is in I.C.U in INDIA, and he is carving to see me and my wife. This is all coming at once and I really have no options to deal with, and I do not understand at all what to do now. If I travel to India I may not be able to enter again as my status is expired.

I AM REALLY IN VERY BAD SITUATION NOW.... :( :( :(

Do know some way I can do something in this situation?? If yes please help..!!

Heyz

Oct 29, 2018
Any idea how many days Ralph office takes to reply?
It's been 10 months no news from IRCC
Mailed Ralph office 5 days back.....70 days before applied for gcms...not received yet! Seems no one wants to reply us!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Any idea how many days Ralph office takes to reply?
It's been 10 months no news from IRCC
Mailed Ralph office 5 days back.....70 days before applied for gcms...not received yet! Seems no one wants to reply us!
They used to reply within 1-2 days but these days people are emailing them even after 1/2 month of AOR and hence it has spoiled it for people like you. You can just wait now. 70 days is too much for GCMS notes .. how did you apply?

Heyz

Oct 29, 2018
Our agents applied for gcms...they have an office in Canada through them....we mailed gcms people after 34 days....they apologized and said they are putting us on priority but no news after that....I wanted to put another reminder but our agent wants to wait

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Our agents applied for gcms...they have an office in Canada through them....we mailed gcms people after 34 days....they apologized and said they are putting us on priority but no news after that....I wanted to put another reminder but our agent wants to wait
Sorry but I don't trust agents ... I have no clue why would your agents want to wait even for GCMS notes when your application has crossed almost 8 months. You need to take matter in your own hands. At the end its your own application.

Heyz

Oct 29, 2018
Not 8 months....I m aor January...we have crossed 10 months
I just wish my husband would understand that....he trust our agent more!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Then it is a looong time ... I don't know why your husband is not pushing for GCMS more. I think you really need to get your hands on GCMS notes to understand what is going on. Plus you don't really need to order them through your agents. Order them yourselves. They will take another 30+ days to come but you should order today.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
This news are really not good at all... 10 months?? OMG..
Is this really Express entry or Slow entry?

I know wait is killing all of us. I am 8 months and still waiting.... am so frustrated now, but can not do anything.. I can imagine about you at 10 months.
All we can do is wait and call the IRCC. That too I am out of luck, I have been trying since last 3 weeks. Can not reach the agent at all.

And yes, you should take initiative of your application in your hands, rather than depending on agents. I do not trust them at all.
Do you know which visa office your file is. If yes, then email them about your situation. and ask for the update.

Thank You.

Reactions: Heyz

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
This news are really not good at all... 10 months?? OMG..
Is this really Express entry or Slow entry?

I know wait is killing all of us. I am 8 months and still waiting.... am so frustrated now, but can not do anything.. I can imagine about you at 10 months.
All we can do is wait and call the IRCC. That too I am out of luck, I have been trying since last 3 weeks. Can not reach the agent at all.

And yes, you should take initiative of your application in your hands, rather than depending on agents. I do not trust them at all.
Do you know which visa office your file is. If yes, then email them about your situation. and ask for the update.

Thank You.

250 days and counting. I know how frustrating this is. Studied MBA in Canada, have Canadian Experience. I thought this would be easy.
I don’t think this will be comforting at all, but there are applicants waiting since 2017.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-494

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
I sent an e-mail to the office of Ralph Goodale, now it is official:

Dear xxxx - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Mar xx, 2018. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

I have good news – your file was approved Nov 5, 2018.

You will receive notification and instructions in the coming weeks.

Medicals are valid until Mar 9, 2019.
Congrats Arod for your application approval .

What is the turnaround time for the email that you send to ralph?

Reactions: Arod

Godschild

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi Guys,
AOR - March 2nd 2018
IP1 - somewhere in April
IP2 - May 6th 2018
ADR - May 8th (POF explanation and asked for IT returns for few years.)
ADR submitted - May 11th ( Gave whatever they asked for)
PPR - Still waiting...

As per GCMS notes ordered twice - All looks good. No negative comments.
Below is email reply from Ralph :
I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Mar 2, 2018. It is at the Case Processing Center in Ottawa. Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility is in process and advised passed.
Criminality and security passed in May 2018.
Background check has been completed.
Medicals are valid until Jan 17, 2019.

Call CIC 3-4 times and every time they say file looks good and almost everything is completed. It is awaiting final Visa officer approval.
I am being kept with this update since June.

Really getting frustrated and disheartened as I am now nearing 9 months since AOR.

Reactions: annevn8