+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
As it's almost two weeks after their intended deadline, I think you should call, at least for information.
Thank you, I was thinking so.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
I've checked with my consultant this week. Found out that my file is in St John, as a dual intent. But I saw here at the forum that some dual intent were assessed in Edmonton (for those applying to Calgary). I think that centralizing all dual intent in one office, considering the huge backlog, it's not good for the process.
Were any of you, approved on the last half of 2015, assessed by St John's office?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
I've checked with my consultant this week. Found out that my file is in St John, as a dual intent. But I saw here at the forum that some dual intent were assessed in Edmonton (for those applying to Calgary). I think that centralizing all dual intent in one office, considering the huge backlog, it's not good for the process.
Were any of you, approved on the last half of 2015, assessed by St John's office?
Yep, processed and approved by St John for dual intent in December.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AlanKju said:
My application is Dual Intent to Calgary, AB and it's being processed by St John's office as well.
I know it is St Jonh's office because when they requested the additional documents, they said:

Fax number 1-866-585-7524
If the fax machine is not working properly, please try our other fax number at 506 636 3581
Or mail to
Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Service Canada – Centre of Specialization
1 Agar Place, PO Box 7000
Saint John, NB E2L 4V4

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Hi All,

My employer just asked me to provide the below information

My Address, Email and confirm Official Name

Not sure what that means? Any thoughts??

Also wondering if anyone knows what employee info goes on the LMIA?

Thanks!!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
Hi All,

My employer just asked me to provide the below information

My Address, Email and confirm Official Name

Not sure what that means? Any thoughts??

Also wondering if anyone knows what employee info goes on the LMIA?

Thanks!!
In the LMIA form, the only information required about the employee is the full name, gender, birthday and citizenship. It also asks the Canadian city you are living, in case you are already in Canada. I've heard that ESDC doesn't really care about the employee information because it is not relevant for the LMIA evaluation.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Funbox said:
In the LMIA form, the only information required about the employee is the full name, gender, birthday and citizenship. It also asks the Canadian city you are living, in case you are already in Canada. I've heard that ESDC doesn't really care about the employee information because it is not relevant for the LMIA evaluation.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am also wondering if they need this info for Job Offer Letter. They have not given me any details but guess will know soon.

Good Luck to us all waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am also wondering if they need this info for Job Offer Letter. They have not given me any details but guess will know soon.

Good Luck to us all waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.
The job offer should be ready at this point. It's possible it was incomplete. Have you signed the it?
Because it is a requirement that both employer and employee sign the letter. In my case, my employer had sign but I hadn't, so when they requested the additional documents, they also asked that the prospective employee (me) to sign the offer letter.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Funbox said:
The job offer should be ready at this point. It's possible it was incomplete. Have you signed the it?
Because it is a requirement that both employer and employee sign the letter. In my case, my employer had sign but I hadn't, so when they requested the additional documents, they also asked that the prospective employee (me) to sign the offer letter.
My employer got a interview call today! I don't have too much details but they asked two things.
- They asked if there were a gap in the Job Bank posting. I think they asked it because we had to duplicate the posting since it just allows posting for 120 days. So, we will have just to provide the new Job Bank number.
- They also asked about the wage. The wage for my position has raised since we had applied so my employee will have to send me a new Job Offer with a new wage.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Funbox said:
Hi Funbox,

Great you finally got the interview. Good luck!!
No, I haven't seen or signed the Job offer letter yet. I have no clue what's going on. My employer has not shared any details with me yet.
I am really anxious!!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
Hi Funbox,

Great you finally got the interview. Good luck!!
No, I haven't seen or signed the Job offer letter yet. I have no clue what's going on. My employer has not shared any details with me yet.
I am really anxious!!
Thanks. Now let's see how long it takes once we send the documents to them. We will send on Monday.

Regarding the Job Offer, it should have been signed by you and your employee.
Have they asked you additional documents? In theory, if they did, they would have requested the Job Offer to be signed.

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
Thanks. Now let's see how long it takes once we send the documents to them. We will send on Monday.

Regarding the Job Offer, it should have been signed by you and your employee.
Have they asked you additional documents? In theory, if they did, they would have requested the Job Offer to be signed.
Great news that they finally got the interview! We had ours on mondey, send the additional documents this week.... Let's see what happens next. I hope that next week we will have some good news all! Good luck to us!