+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Deea_S said:
week 18 since file nr. On monday they call the employer and had the interview. He said the lady was very nice and they stay on the phone for 45 min. At the end she had my employer send more add. Info in the next 5 days..... Hope that next week will have some good news
Hi DeeaS,

Great to hear that there is progress in your case. Mine is 21 weeks and still waiting ....No news from my employer yet.
Good luck !! and yes please as requested share the details with us all.

Hopes for all of us still waiting in this stressful wait.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
Hi DeeaS,

Great to hear that there is progress in your case. Mine is 21 weeks and still waiting ....No news from my employer yet.
Good luck !! and yes please as requested share the details with us all.

Hopes for all of us still waiting in this stressful wait.
No interview either?

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dual intent Ontario, noc. 7283- tile setter(my husbands), papers sent to St.Johns on sept 1 2015, recived file nr. Sept 17. They want his employer to send the company's financial situation, to show that they can afford to pay him, or something like that....i just pray that will all turn out positive, because this wait is killing us :(

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
That can be a good sign actually ... Hopefully you get an answer soon

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Guys , so one more question..
So we gonna try to buy time and apply for LMIA right before my sister's current work permit expires (2 weeks before work permit expires to be exact)..I just want to make sure that she will be on status implied once her work permit expires as long as Dual Intent LMIA will be submitted by than?

Or does she have to still apply for extendion of her work permit in order to be on status implied?
I am just not sure if Dual Intent LMIA gives you implied status ...

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
katie26 said:
So we gonna try to buy time and apply for LMIA right before my sister's current work permit expires (2 weeks before work permit expires to be exact)..I just want to make sure that she will be on status implied once her work permit expires as long as Dual Intent LMIA will be submitted by than?

Or does she have to still apply for extendion of her work permit in order to be on status implied?

What I've heard from this forum is that the extension can be requested by that time (two weeks before), but it can be impacted by the LMIA process, if it takes too long.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
AlanKju said:
What I've heard from this forum is that the extension can be requested by that time (two weeks before), but it can be impacted by the LMIA process, if it takes too long.
Thanks ! so than it would make more sense to apply at least 2 months prior to her work permit expatriation so that her work permit doesn't get rejected due to LMIA.

Or maybe instead of applying for DUAL LMIA she should just apply for LMIA under FSWP and apply separately for a work permit 2 weeks before it expires and indicate that she is waiting for LMIA decision..

From the research I've done it's actually better to apply for DUAL LMIA since the company doesn't have to include the "transition plan" which can be very tricky ..

Its just so confusing :-X :-\

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
katie26 said:

She will only be on Implied Status if she applies for the visa extension. The visa extension can only be applied within 2 weeks before the current visa expires and it needs a proof that a LMIA application has been submitted by the company). This being said, her company should apply for the LMIA as soon as possible. Then, she will only have to apply for the visa extension if the company doesn't get any response by the time her visa is expiring.

It's suggested that you put everything that is needed in the LMIA application to avoid the needed of additional documents and unexpected delays.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Funbox said:
She will only be on Implied Status if she applies for the visa extension. The visa extension can only be applied within 2 weeks before the current visa expires and it needs a proof that a LMIA application has been submitted by the company). This being said, her company should apply for the LMIA as soon as possible. Then, she will only have to apply for the visa extension if the company doesn't get any response by the time her visa is expiring.

It's suggested that you put everything that is needed in the LMIA application to avoid the needed of additional documents and unexpected delays.
Thank you :)
I was under the impression that if you apply for a DUAL Internet LMIA you automatically apply for a work permit ? I guess I had the wrong understanding of how this works.. So DUAL Intent LMIA has nothing to do with the actual work permit, it just gives you the right to apply for one , once LMIA gets approved?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
katie26 said:
Thanks ! so than it would make more sense to apply at least 2 months prior to her work permit expatriation so that her work permit doesn't get rejected due to LMIA.

Or maybe instead of applying for DUAL LMIA she should just apply for LMIA under FSWP and apply separately for a work permit 2 weeks before it expires and indicate that she is waiting for LMIA decision..

From the research I've done it's actually better to apply for DUAL LMIA since the company doesn't have to include the "transition plan" which can be very tricky ..

Its just so confusing :-X :-\
Just to make this clear. The LMIA is just a request to the government to allow them hiring a foreign worker. The dual indent LMIA will NOT come with a working visa since it is the company's application and not the candidate's application. So, when the LMIA dual intent is received, she will need to apply for the visa anyway.

The other LMIA (the one the is not dual intent) will only give you 600 points for the Express Entry, but will not give you the privilege of requesting a working visa.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Funbox said:
Just to make this clear. The LMIA is just a request to the government to allow them hiring a foreign worker. The dual indent LMIA will NOT come with a working visa since it is the company's application and not the candidate's application. So, when the LMIA dual intent is received, she will need to apply for the visa anyway.

The other LMIA (the one the is not dual intent) will only give you 600 points for the Express Entry, but will not give you the privilege of requesting a working visa.
Thank you SO much for clarifying this !! +1 !!! :) ;D

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spoke today with my employer, and he told me that somebody from SC called him but he was in vacation at that time and they told him that they are going to call him again in two weeks, but they never called, so does anybody suggest me what employer should do, should he call them or wait until they will call back?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
LinaD said:
I spoke today with my employer, and he told me that somebody from SC called him but he was in vacation at that time and they told him that they are going to call him again in two weeks, but they never called, so does anybody suggest me what employer should do, should he call them or wait until they will call back?
There isn't too much to do. I think the only opinion you have is calling to ESDC.
My employer called to them asking for updates, but they never say anything useful. Always the same: it's in process.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
There isn't too much to do. I think the only opinion you have is calling to ESDC.
My employer called to them asking for updates, but they never say anything useful. Always the same: it's in process.
Yeah you are right for that, but the reason that they called him by the time that he was in vacation they told to his assistant that they are going to call again in two weeks but now is been therd almost forth week and they didn't call yet.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
LinaD said:
Yeah you are right for that, but the reason that they called him by the time that he was in vacation they told to his assistant that they are going to call again in two weeks but now is been therd almost forth week and they didn't call yet.
As it's almost two weeks after their intended deadline, I think you should call, at least for information.