+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Funbox said:
Thanks. Now let's see how long it takes once we send the documents to them. We will send on Monday.

Regarding the Job Offer, it should have been signed by you and your employee.
Have they asked you additional documents? In theory, if they did, they would have requested the Job Offer to be signed.
I have no idea what is going on. My employer just told me that they are making progress and then asked for these details.
Regarding Job offer - I have no idea if my LMIA is named or un-named. I am just here in suspense and wondering.... I din't know that Job letter needs to be submitted to ESDC .
As per my understanding once the LMIA is approved, that's the exchange between the employee and employer so that one can file Work Permit.

Thanks!

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Deea_S said:
Great news that they finally got the interview! We had ours on mondey, send the additional documents this week.... Let's see what happens next. I hope that next week we will have some good news all! Good luck to us!
Great Deea_S, that you got the interview. Good Luck!!

Have you signed your Job Letter yet? Is your LMIA named or un-named?

Thanks!!

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
ozlis said:
Yep, processed and approved by St John for dual intent in December.
Hi Ozlis,

At what stage did you sign or get the Job Offer Letter.
Was your named or Un-named LMIA?

Thanks!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caprisj said:
Hi Ozlis,

Thanks!
Just a little bit help from my case I have signed the job offer and my employer send all documents also included job offer when he applied for my LMIA, I think your employer needs to send to you job offer than apply for LMIA

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He signed the contract at the end of august, and I think the LMIA is named ( not sure though), since at the interview that lady asked him many questions about him and his skill level...

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
I have no idea what is going on. My employer just told me that they are making progress and then asked for these details.
Regarding Job offer - I have no idea if my LMIA is named or un-named. I am just here in suspense and wondering.... I din't know that Job letter needs to be submitted to ESDC .
As per my understanding once the LMIA is approved, that's the exchange between the employee and employer so that one can file Work Permit.

Thanks!
If the LMIA is going to support a worker's permanent residence, it means that the company (in theory) already knows the employee.

One of the requirements stated on ESDC website is:
All employers must submit a copy of the following documents:
- Job offer (signed by the employer and the foreign worker);

This link shows all required documents: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

However, I've heard about this unnamed LMIA which the employer applies before finding a foreign worker. I don't know, though, if this kind of LMIA can be used for permanent residence. There are tons of rules that probably I'm not aware.
If they are asking you information, it means that they are having progress. Fingers crossed!

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Deea_S said:
Great news that they finally got the interview! We had ours on mondey, send the additional documents this week.... Let's see what happens next. I hope that next week we will have some good news all! Good luck to us!
It's good to hear you also got your interview. Is this the second time they asked you additional documents too? At least, we know they are working.
I will post here any news I get.

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, is the second time they asked for additional documents. First time it was end of October and last week. Don't really know exactly what they wanted first, but I remember the employer said it was something he already sent to them. I'll keep you guys updated. Fingers crossed!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caprisj said:
Hi Ozlis,

Thanks!
Ya, named LMIA.

We signed and sent the offer as part of the whole application package.

Jan 6, 2016
Funbox said:
Thanks. Now let's see how long it takes once we send the documents to them. We will send on Monday.

Regarding the Job Offer, it should have been signed by you and your employee.
Have they asked you additional documents? In theory, if they did, they would have requested the Job Offer to be signed.

Hi
If any one from outside of Canada, how they get interview?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
haf_son@hotmail.com said:
Hi
If any one from outside of Canada, how they get interview?
The LMIA is applied by a Canadian company and not by a foreign worker. It doesn't matter where the employee is (outside or inside Canada) because the company is who is going to have the interview call (which is one of the steps for the evaluation).

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Funbox said:
If the LMIA is going to support a worker's permanent residence, it means that the company (in theory) already knows the employee.

One of the requirements stated on ESDC website is:
All employers must submit a copy of the following documents:
- Job offer (signed by the employer and the foreign worker);

This link shows all required documents: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

However, I've heard about this unnamed LMIA which the employer applies before finding a foreign worker. I don't know, though, if this kind of LMIA can be used for permanent residence. There are tons of rules that probably I'm not aware.
If they are asking you information, it means that they are having progress. Fingers crossed!
Thanks Funbox, for all your inputs.
There is something called Un-named LMIA. The employee name is added later and ESDC mails something called Foreign Worker Name Template, and the employer then forwards that Info which is put in the LMIA and send to the employer by ESDC.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/unnamed_lmo.shtml

May be mine is this, I have no idea as my employer has not kept me in loop of all the process. So I am really hoping positive things happen :)

Good luck to all !!

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
LinaD said:
Just a little bit help from my case I have signed the job offer and my employer send all documents also included job offer when he applied for my LMIA, I think your employer needs to send to you job offer than apply for LMIA
Thanks LinaD!!

I have no idea what's going on. As I have not signed a job letter so far and the employer said that they are making progress and I have no idea what that means.
I am little nervous now and hope it all works out.

ETA TAU

Jan 17, 2016
I'm currently waiting for interview now. Does anyone know anything about interviews? Anything means what kind of questions the officer will ask, how long does it usually take, etc etc. Also does interview suddenly start or they call for setting appointment first?

Any comments will help me alot! Thanks in advance.