+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
caprisj said:
Thanks Funbox, for all your inputs.
There is something called Un-named LMIA. The employee name is added later and ESDC mails something called Foreign Worker Name Template, and the employer then forwards that Info which is put in the LMIA and send to the employer by ESDC.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/unnamed_lmo.shtml

May be mine is this, I have no idea as my employer has not kept me in loop of all the process. So I am really hoping positive things happen :)

Good luck to all !!
Hopefully we will all get good news soon.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
ETA TAU said:
I'm currently waiting for interview now. Does anyone know anything about interviews? Anything means what kind of questions the officer will ask, how long does it usually take, etc etc. Also does interview suddenly start or they call for setting appointment first?

Any comments will help me alot! Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure which kind of question they will ask but I think it varies from each application. When they called to my employer, they asked some stuff about the wage, Job Bank advertising and requested more additional documents(advertising info for the second time). I've heard the call usually takes around 30 minutes.
They will not set any appointment. They will just call. If nobody answers, they might send an email to schedule a time or they might call another day.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Funbox said:
My employer got a interview call today! I don't have too much details but they asked two things.
- They asked if there were a gap in the Job Bank posting. I think they asked it because we had to duplicate the posting since it just allows posting for 120 days. So, we will have just to provide the new Job Bank number.
- They also asked about the wage. The wage for my position has raised since we had applied so my employee will have to send me a new Job Offer with a new wage.
That's AWESOME news! We know it's just a step, but it's a step FORWARD! Who knows God blesses me this week too? All the best for you and hope to hearing more great news on this forum soon.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Deea_S said:
Great news that they finally got the interview! We had ours on mondey, send the additional documents this week.... Let's see what happens next. I hope that next week we will have some good news all! Good luck to us!
Great hearing that too Deea_S. Looks like the year has finally started for SC. They already have requested documents (in November), so I'm hoping that they won't request any additional paperwork, which is not impossible, but let's keep hoping for the best.

Please, keep us posted!

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the year has finally begun for SC! I just hope they're in a good mood and in 2016 will have more positive LMIA's, because last year for what I now, was not a great one for many, and the waiting time is incredibly long.Let it be a great year for all of us who we are waiting to finally get to go to Canada.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AlanKju said:
That's AWESOME news! We know it's just a step, but it's a step FORWARD! Who knows God blesses me this week too? All the best for you and hope to hearing more great news on this forum soon.
Yes. I'm pretty close and getting nervous to know if it's going to be approved or not.
After the interview call, they sent the following email.

As per our discussion earlier today regarding Labour Market Impact Assessment (FILE ID), I require the following supplemental information:

1) A new letter of offer signed by both the employer and the employee indicated hourly salary ($XX.XX/hr from Job Bank), the job is permanent in nature, and overtime rate of pay and after what hours per day/week overtime would be incurred. (The salary has raised on Job Bank, so we had to raise it too)
2) Proof that there was no gap in Job Bank ad from 2015-11-28 to 2015-12-22 or no gap in the Indeed ad from 2015-11-02 to now. (I had already ind. We are going to send again screenshots from Job Bank and Indeed )
3) Recruitment results were illegible; please resend insuring that they are readable. (Since we faxed the file, it lost quality)

This documentation is due within five business days. If not received in the time specified, the file will be assessed with the information already provided. Please ensure you reference the above mentioned system file number when sending any information via fax or email.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further should you have any questions.

branded_man

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio ns / cpc ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2014
Doc's Request.
23-04-2015
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted but not needed
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
Hey guys
Just an update on lmia

One of my friend got his pr lmia approved as cook in Edmonton
Application sent September 14, 2015
Interview on dec 18
Additional docs jan 7
Lmia approved jan 13

So have faith and hang in there.
God bless

ETA TAU

Jan 17, 2016
Funbox said:
I'm not sure which kind of question they will ask but I think it varies from each application. When they called to my employer, they asked some stuff about the wage, Job Bank advertising and requested more additional documents(advertising info for the second time). I've heard the call usually takes around 30 minutes.
They will not set any appointment. They will just call. If nobody answers, they might send an email to schedule a time or they might call another day.
Thank you Funbox. Your comments are always helpful. My employer has a language barrier especially over the phone. Do they send questions through email if they are asked? Did anyone have these kind of experiences?

Jan 6, 2016
branded_man said:
Hey guys
Just an update on lmia

One of my friend got his pr lmia approved as cook in Edmonton
Application sent September 14, 2015
Interview on dec 18
Additional docs jan 7
Lmia approved jan 13

So have faith and hang in there.
God bless

Hi
I have been waiting since last 11 Weeks for NOC - 6312 in Ontrio, Hotel LMIA. Could you know how long it takes to get positive outcome.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
ETA TAU said:
Thank you Funbox. Your comments are always helpful. My employer has a language barrier especially over the phone. Do they send questions through email if they are asked? Did anyone have these kind of experiences?
I don't think they will send questions by email before the call. What they might send is an email after the call summarizing the points spoken.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
haf_son@hotmail.com said:
Hi
I have been waiting since last 11 Weeks for NOC - 6312 in Ontrio, Hotel LMIA. Could you know how long it takes to get positive outcome.
It's not a standard, but we are experiencing around 19-20 weeks to interview and some two weeks later for the decision (positive or not). So, you might have some weeks ahead. Keep steady!

RROY

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

Great forum for LMIA discussion. I am a bit curious to know how tough to get job from outside Canada in NOC 2171 Category? Is there anyone who got interview calls through job bank or other job portals? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
RROY said:
Hi Guys,

Great forum for LMIA discussion. I am a bit curious to know how tough to get job from outside Canada in NOC 2171 Category? Is there anyone who got interview calls through job bank or other job portals? Please help!

Thanks in advance!
There are some friends here within NOC 2171, but I'm not sure about the means they've found their prospective employer.

RROY

Jul 23, 2015
AlanKju said:
There are some friends here within NOC 2171, but I'm not sure about the means they've found their prospective employer.
Thanks @AlanKju! If anyone likes to share his/her experience, please do. Not only for NOC 2171, I'd like to know about NOC 2174 also.

Regards,

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
RROY said:
Thanks @AlanKju! If anyone likes to share his/her experience, please do. Not only for NOC 2171, I'd like to know about NOC 2174 also.

Regards,
I'll speak based on my own experience. I was not successful through job bank as Industrial Engineer, because most of what I've found required a work permit. I've got my job offer from a company I've contacted directly through a technical conference I attended. So, it might depend on the expertise required/scarcity of skilled professionals on the region, but I think there's this controversy sometimes: no WP/no job offer versus no job offer/no LMIA/no WP.