+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
Sadly, I have awful news. My LMIA application was rejected due to a silly mistake. The good news is that my employer will try again and this time we will not make the same mistake. I've worked for them before and now I'm working remotely from outside Canada. So, I helped preparing the application and I was always up to date about what was going on. The timeline was:

NOC: 2174 - Computer Programmer
Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 11, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015
Additional Documents Replied: Nov 4, 2015
Interview: Jan 15, 2015
Result: January 22, 2015 (Rejected)
Time waiting: 4 months.

The reason for the rejection was that one of the advertising was too old. We had job advertising on Job Bank, Indeed and on the company website during the whole process and for 1 month on Workopolis. The problem the Workopolis advertising expired 4 months before the application and the limit is 3 months. They didn't consider the company website. We also added statistics about how many people accessed the company website but didn't work.
Note: We had a posting on Monster, but the description was out of date and not in the standard, so it was ignored.

There were a spreadsheet listing all the applicants and the reason why they were not hired. There were a total of 100 applicants. Like it has been said before, 60% of them were totally irrelevant. I think only 4 or 5 were actually called for a interview and they didn't meet all the minimum requirements. Unfortunately we will have to make all this process again. The officer said if everything is right and they don't need to request additional documents, the application can be processed really fast. This was a though week exchanging emails with the officer but the government is difficult. Before submitting the application again I will pay for a consulting company to review the application (they charge $250 per hour and they believe this is enough time to review).

So sad :( to hear this! They always asked for job bank to the most important ad, they are taking so long of course that some add will be old. I really feel bed hearing this, but thanks God your company is going to retry again.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Funbox said:
Sadly, I have awful news. My LMIA application was rejected due to a silly mistake. The good news is that my employer will try again and this time we will not make the same mistake. I've worked for them before and now I'm working remotely from outside Canada. So, I helped preparing the application and I was always up to date about what was going on. The timeline was:

NOC: 2174 - Computer Programmer
Sent to ESDC: Sept 3, 2015
Received by ESDC: Sept 11, 2015
Payment Fee Charged: Sept 28, 2015
Additional Documents Requested by ESDC: Oct 28, 2015
Additional Documents Replied: Nov 4, 2015
Interview: Jan 15, 2015
Result: January 22, 2015 (Rejected)
Time waiting: 4 months.

The reason for the rejection was that one of the advertising was too old. We had job advertising on Job Bank, Indeed and on the company website during the whole process and for 1 month on Workopolis. The problem the Workopolis advertising expired 4 months before the application and the limit is 3 months. They didn't consider the company website. We also added statistics about how many people accessed the company website but didn't work.
Note: We had a posting on Monster, but the description was out of date and not in the standard, so it was ignored.

There were a spreadsheet listing all the applicants and the reason why they were not hired. There were a total of 100 applicants. Like it has been said before, 60% of them were totally irrelevant. I think only 4 or 5 were actually called for a interview and they didn't meet all the minimum requirements. Unfortunately we will have to make all this process again. The officer said if everything is right and they don't need to request additional documents, the application can be processed really fast. This was a though week exchanging emails with the officer but the government is difficult. Before submitting the application again I will pay for a consulting company to review the application (they charge $250 per hour and they believe this is enough time to review).
I am sorry to hear about your LMIA. But yes the silver lining is the you can apply again taking into consideration all your experience this time.
Best Wishes!!

My employer has send me the Job offer to sign finally. But still don't know what that means?? As they have not given me any more details. So I am very nervous and speculative. Any thoughts Guys??

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow! I'm so sorry to hear that i got rejected... after so much stress and time, is just so not fair! I have the same time of waiting. They call the employer AGAIN and ask for the advertise posting.... So next week maybe will finally have news.

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a query regarding Lmia. My lawyer told me that the Lmia application was already sent couple of weeks ago.
I just wonder if there's anything that requires my signature on the application or the Lmia is solely employer part and doesn't require my signature? My lawyer only has a copy my resume.
I hope someone could enlighten me with the process.
Thanks

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
audrey888 said:
I have a query regarding Lmia. My lawyer told me that the Lmia application was already sent couple of weeks ago.
I just wonder if there's anything that requires my signature on the application or the Lmia is solely employer part and doesn't require my signature? My lawyer only has a copy my resume.
Thanks
You don't have to sign anything on the LMIA application. It is the employer who have to sign and talk to SC.

Srini88

Jan 23, 2016
Hi Guys
I had applied for LMIA on oct 2015
NOC 0621-assistant manager in retail in Saskatchewan
asked for additional doc on oct end 2015
submitted on nov 2015
still waiting for response

my employer has made a cal recently on jan 10...they are saying documents are verified and in process...

my work permit got expired on dec 21 st 2015,applied for restoration on jan 2016....hopefully i will get approve before my restoration period ends....

any suggestions are valuable for me

i had followed the thread and got to know sunshine-girl n ruby has applied in same category...hope they can suggest me

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
audrey888 said:
Thanks
You have to sign job offer, i signed my and returned to my employer.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
audrey888 said:
Thanks
If the LMIA was applied as a "named" LMIA (which is the one that the employer has already found a foreign worker), the job offer has to be sign by the employer and by foreign worker. In this case, they will ask for signatures when they request additional documents. That's why it's better sending the job offer signed so you speed up the process. When they ask for additional documents, the application goes back to the trial and takes weeks to be reviewed again.

There are rumours that if the employer doesn't indicate any foreign worker, it doesn't need to be sign (it would be an "unnamed" LMIA).

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
If the LMIA was applied as a "named" LMIA (which is the one that the employer has already found a foreign worker), the job offer has to be sign by the employer and by foreign worker. In this case, they will ask for signatures when they request additional documents. That's why it's better sending the job offer signed so you speed up the process. When they ask for additional documents, the application goes back to the trial and takes weeks to be reviewed again.

There are rumours that if the employer doesn't indicate any foreign worker, it doesn't need to be sign (it would be an "unnamed" LMIA).

Thank you guys for the response and clarification.

Hcarlost

Apr 17, 2014
Hi,

I would like to know why too many law firms/immigration consultants are making lot of mistakes to process the LMIA. Does any of you guys have had a good experience (LMIA get approved) with any law firm? I would like to hire the best choice available in the market to start my LMIA process. The company I am working for applied for a LMIA last year and was rejected due to law firm mistakes.

Thx.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've tried to find out processing time regarding SK province but very little information.

My husband is 6211(retail supervisor) and is about to apply for LMIA soon, within a week.

Is there big differences when it comes to province and NOC code?

In addition, I have heard that all LMIA are dual intention recently. It that correct?

Unless it is, do we have to process another LMIA for EE?

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
ozlis said:
We received 32 applicants for the role, only 2 were actually even close to being anywhere near the advertised role (job is HR, got lots of random applicants - hairdressers, labourers etc).

The job ad does need to be fairly wide - it can't be obviously tailored to one person as they should be aiming to fill the role, not specifically keep you (from the point of view of Service Can).

Realistically, no matter what you put on the job ad, people will apply. This is my job, recruiting. For every role that I advertise I can conservatively guess that at least 60% of the applicants will be totally irrelevant. Online job portals make it easy for people to upload their resume through places like Indeed and just apply for every role under the sun. It's frustrating and it makes it very difficult to weed out the genuine applicants.

For LMIA purposes, thats actually a positive.

Good luck mate!
Many thanks for the info. Sorry for the late reply!
I have some almost-good news. My employer was contacted by SC, informing that they're gonna call him early this week. This is no news yet, but we're getting close. Wish me luck!
I wish you all, my LMIA family, a great and blessed week.

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
Many thanks for the info. Sorry for the late reply!
I have some almost-good news. My employer was contacted by SC, informing that they're gonna call him early this week. This is no news yet, but we're getting close. Wish me luck!
I wish you all, my LMIA family, a great and blessed week.
Good luck! Maybe this week will be a great one, with good news for all of us!

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
OnOn said:
I've tried to find out processing time regarding SK province but very little information.

My husband is 6211(retail supervisor) and is about to apply for LMIA soon, within a week.

Is there big differences when it comes to province and NOC code?

In addition, I have heard that all LMIA are dual intention recently. It that correct?

Unless it is, do we have to process another LMIA for EE?
Usually, when it comes to dual intent LMIA (for Work Permit and EE) it is processed in St John, New Brunswick, so it might not affect which Province you are moving to. With the chance to immigrate through Express Entry I believe people are applying through dual intent, because you can move faster than waiting all the PR process to start/keep working. There is also the PR only LMIA, which some are also applying for. But I think that LMIA purely for Temporary Work Permit is not being used currently for the reasons explained above.

Any other questions, please inform.