+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Jan 6, 2016
caprisj said:
Hi There, I am also waiting for my LMIA and been more than 19 weeks. Not heard anything yet from my employer. It's getting hard to hold on to patience and hope but I guess we all are waiting in the same boat and it's taking ridiculous amount of time for LMIA processing.
Let's all keep this updated :)
Best wishes to all the people waiting!!
Hi
I am from Bangladesh waiting for LMIA in Hotel job in Ontario since 12 Weeks. is it takes more long time comes positive outcome?

Thanks

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
haf_son@hotmail.com said:
Hi
I am from Bangladesh waiting for LMIA in Hotel job in Ontario since 12 Weeks. is it takes more long time comes positive outcome?

Thanks
Some of us are waiting for nearly 20 weeks now. It doesn't have a pattern. Some LMIA's on the past weeks were issued with less than this. Just check with your consultant if you have already a reference number. Maybe by now they might request some additional documents to your employer or maybe the interview and then proceed with the decision.

Good luck!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Thanks
To check the wage you need to know NOC number and exact work occupation write this at http://jobbank.gc.ca see somewhere at the end you can find job wage.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Funbox said:
- I think the dual indent is the best opinion. It means that if approved, she will get the LMIA for the EE + a year work permit visa. So, she will be able to work in Canada while waiting the EE decision. If she worked for over a year, I guess she can apply for the Canadian Experience Class and get some points.

- You can only submit your work visa (extension) application without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) if your work permit expires within 2 weeks. You must include proof that the LMIA/CAQ request was made. They will hold her visa application for 90 days and she needs to contact the Call Centre with the LMIA/CAQ confirmation number (it is the result and not the file number) within 2 months of the date your application was received; otherwise your application could be refused.

More information on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=701&t=17

Thanks ! so if she applied for Dual Intent and lets say it comes back negative (hope that won't happen :-X ) will her current work permit (it expires in May .2016) no longer be valid and she will have to stop working?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
katie26 said:
Thanks ! so if she applied for Dual Intent and lets say it comes back negative (hope that won't happen :-X ) will her current work permit (it expires in May .2016) no longer be valid and she will have to stop working?
I think the LMIA decision will not impact on her current visa. It will only make the visa extension application be refused (note that you can extend the visa only within 2 weeks before expiring). In this case, while she is waiting the visa extension, she will be on Implied Status, which means that she will have the same privileges of her previous visa.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Happy New Year to you all.

I see a lot of you are still waiting. Keep the faith I'm sure you will all hear soon.

I keep checking for your updates. I'm flying in 3 days I'm excited.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:

I see a lot of you are still waiting. Keep the faith I'm sure you will all hear soon.

Dress warm! It'll be about -15 later this week! ;D

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's Room Attendant (House Keeping) in Hotel. NOC - 6312.
I can not find Noc 6312 but just similar to that check this two web below

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/search_occupation_allnoc.do

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/mobile/report-eng.do?area=6363&lang=eng&noc=6661&action=final&ln=p&s=1&source=6#wages

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Sunshinegirl_X said:

So, are you flying to Calgary? I have some good friends there. If you need any help, please let me know and I'll send you their contacts.
Wish you a great new beginning after all the stress of waiting.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
week 18 since file nr. On monday they call the employer and had the interview. He said the lady was very nice and they stay on the phone for 45 min. At the end she had my employer send more add. Info in the next 5 days..... Hope that next week will have some good news

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deea_S said:
week 18 since file nr. On monday they call the employer and had the interview. He said the lady was very nice and they stay on the phone for 45 min. At the end she had my employer send more add. Info in the next 5 days..... Hope that next week will have some good news
Hope you will get approved LMIA soon, can you please tell us what they asked and what add they request from your employer? And which province you applyed.

Wish you good luck

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Deea_S said:
That's good news for you. Usually they give a response few days after the interview.
I'm still waiting the interview... :(