LMIA application processing time?

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbc said:
Thank you, Noc 1231- $18/hr Ontario.
Thank you for informing, me too I am waiting in Ontario, but I am outside Canada.

gkk

Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone.

i am working in transport company and want to apply for LMIA. i have no idea what i should do. Please if someone who work in tranport company apply for LMIA. Please help me.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gkk said:
Hi everyone.

i am working in transport company and want to apply for LMIA. i have no idea what i should do. Please if someone who work in tranport company apply for LMIA. Please help me.
You can not apply by yourself, your boss (employer) should fill the forms and advertise the job ad in job bank and two to three more web page should be advertise the job ad, but the mos easy way also for your boss is to hire a consultant. Hope I helped you somehow.

gkk

Jan 9, 2016
thanks Linad

i also want to know about LMIA process. After advertisement , my employee apply for lmia.

1. How much time government take for providing file number.
2. They send letter or email for asking additional info.
3. They call consultant or employee for interview.
4. what is current processing time for LMIA in ontario

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
gkk said:
thanks Linad

i also want to know about LMIA process. After advertisement , my employee apply for lmia.

1. How much time government take for providing file number.
2. They send letter or email for asking additional info.
3. They call consultant or employee for interview.
4. what is current processing time for LMIA in ontario
1. Some people get the file number just few days after the application. But I got a file number just when they asked for additional documents, which was more than a month later.
2. In my case it was by email.
3. I'm not sure, but it is very likely they will call to the employee. The consultant will just help with the documents and application.
4. It depends on many things and unfortunately they don't provide any statistics. In most of the cases, it takes a lot of time (around 20 weeks).

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
1. Some people get the file number just few days after the application. But I got a file number just when they asked for additional documents, which was more than a month later.
2. In my case it was by email.
3. I'm not sure, but it is very likely they will call to the employee. The consultant will just help with the documents and application.
4. It depends on many things and unfortunately they don't provide any statistics. In most of the cases, it takes a lot of time (around 20 weeks).
Like Funbox is saying it is different in all cases, in my case they applied on end of September never got file number until my employer called them and they said to update the file because somehow they haven't got it, and applied again in November got the file number in a week and asked for a document they send the document, now is been 9 weeks waiting no interview yet.

ash1287

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just found out about this forum. I would like to share my case too.

My employer applied for LMIA and got rejected. Software Engineering position in Toronto.
I don't think my profile is bad. I have masters in computer science from school in USA; It's among top 10 schools for computer science in the world. I also have 4 years of work experience.

Applied for LMIA on 1st Aug, 2015. We had job ad on jobbank for one month. Wage = 47$/hr.
Additional documents were requested twice.
Rejection received on 9th Oct.

Reasons given were that my position could be fulfilled by any other canadian citizen.

We were all shocked to know the news. I personally think lawyers screwed up the case. My company says that they have fired the law firm.

There is a very high chance that I will apply for LMIA again this year if I don't get H1B in USA. It may still have little bit of time, however, my company is in search of new lawyers.
Does anyone know of any good lawfirm in TO area for such immigration purposes?

Thanks in advance.

ash1287

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittler83 said:
LMIA Approved :D :D :D :D :D

Applied- 23rd November
Additional documents request- 10th December
Approved-16th December
NOC- 0114 ( Fraud and Security Manager)
Province - Ontario
High Wage Stream

I was told by HR that we went through the expedited process. They have used a quite famous lawyer firm in Toronto.

Fortunately i am from a Visa exempt country, so I can get the work permit at the POE. I am flying to Toronto by the 2nd of January - Employer is covering for relocation expenses.

Happy Xmas to everyone!
Hi, Congratulations :) It's been long time for you but if possible could you please PM the name of the law firm your company used in your case? Thanks

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
ash1287 said:
Hi all,

I just found out about this forum. I would like to share my case too.

My employer applied for LMIA and got rejected. Software Engineering position in Toronto.
I don't think my profile is bad. I have masters in computer science from school in USA; It's among top 10 schools for computer science in the world. I also have 4 years of work experience.

Applied for LMIA on 1st Aug, 2015. We had job ad on jobbank for one month. Wage = 47$/hr.
Additional documents were requested twice.
Rejection received on 9th Oct.

Reasons given were that my position could be fulfilled by any other canadian citizen.

We were all shocked to know the news. I personally think lawyers screwed up the case. My company says that they have fired the law firm.

There is a very high chance that I will apply for LMIA again this year if I don't get H1B in USA. It may still have little bit of time, however, my company is in search of new lawyers.
Does anyone know of any good lawfirm in TO area for such immigration purposes?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I know one form Vancouver that has a new office in TO, which is Immi Canada (search for it or Celina Hui, the owner, on facebook). I hired Entry Canada in Calgary. I believe your rate meets the 10-day express LMIA assessment. Maybe it's just a matter of having a better strategy.

My plan B is also a H1-B visa, but it's also a tough one. Let's hope any of it goes through.

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys,

Just a few questions- hopefully you guys can help me with it.. I'm trying to help my sister with her LMIA application..

- Is dual internet LMIA best for when applying under Express Entry ?.. She already has a file on EE but not enough points.. and she has been working for this company for over a year now and they are willing to apply for her LMIA

- Her work permit will most likely expire before she gets a decision on her LMIA case, can she apply to expend her work permit once the LMIA file number is received?

Thank you :)

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
dbc said:
Got some good news We just received the approval of our LMIA !! They sent it through mail..
So just stay positive, good luck to all
Hey Congrats... Could you please let me know when did you apply and under which NOC?

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
Joejo said:
Hey Congrats... Could you please let me know when did you apply and under which NOC?
Hi, thanks.. Application was submitted in Aug. under NOC 1231. So it was really a long wait but it's worth the wait

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
katie26 said:
Hi Guys,

Just a few questions- hopefully you guys can help me with it.. I'm trying to help my sister with her LMIA application..

- Is dual internet LMIA best for when applying under Express Entry ?.. She already has a file on EE but not enough points.. and she has been working for this company for over a year now and they are willing to apply for her LMIA

- Her work permit will most likely expire before she gets a decision on her LMIA case, can she apply to expend her work permit once the LMIA file number is received?

Thank you :)
- I think the dual indent is the best opinion. It means that if approved, she will get the LMIA for the EE + a year work permit visa. So, she will be able to work in Canada while waiting the EE decision. If she worked for over a year, I guess she can apply for the Canadian Experience Class and get some points.

- You can only submit your work visa (extension) application without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) if your work permit expires within 2 weeks. You must include proof that the LMIA/CAQ request was made. They will hold her visa application for 90 days and she needs to contact the Call Centre with the LMIA/CAQ confirmation number (it is the result and not the file number) within 2 months of the date your application was received; otherwise your application could be refused.

More information on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=701&t=17

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
Hello everyone, I just applied for LMIA in low wage category in Ontario, under Noc 2232 mechanical technician.
what is the processing time going right now?
what question do they ask when they call employer or employee?

Thank you.

ash1287

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
Hi, I know one form Vancouver that has a new office in TO, which is Immi Canada (search for it or Celina Hui, the owner, on facebook). I hired Entry Canada in Calgary. I believe your rate meets the 10-day express LMIA assessment. Maybe it's just a matter of having a better strategy.

My plan B is also a H1-B visa, but it's also a tough one. Let's hope any of it goes through.
Thanks AlanKju. I will do that.