+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

xilansn

Aug 1, 2014
In case if we do receive positive LMIA(under TFWP) after the endless wait... could we use that to apply for Express Entry and increase our chance of ITA ??

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
xilansn said:
In case if we do receive positive LMIA(under TFWP) after the endless wait... could we use that to apply for Express Entry and increase our chance of ITA ??
Yes a job offer with positive LMIA will increase your chances but it has to be a permanent offer I think and you would have to qualify under an immigration program such FSW, FST or CEC.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Good luck guys !
SC told my employer last Wednesday that we would get the LMIA within 5 days.
It should be this week ! If they're right...

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
Realben said:
Good luck guys !
SC told my employer last Wednesday that we would get the LMIA within 5 days.
It should be this week ! If they're right...
Wish u all the luck !!!
But must warn u ! They just shooting days depends how good was the sex previous night.
They told us and I quote: "to get results in 2 weeks for sure less" and it's 8th week since then.. :( ::)

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
JuMo said:
Wish u all the luck !!!
But must warn u ! They just shooting days depends how good was the sex previous night.
They told us and I quote: "to get results in 2 weeks for sure less" and it's 8th week since then.. :( ::)
I know Jumo ;-)
My 19th week starts today :)

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Yeah when you get told you will have an answer in a week try another 3 weeks!
Before Xmas I was told by employer that an answer will be given mid Jan. Which yes, is this week.

Got an email this morning saying that they anticipate an answer will now be given by the end of Jan?! :mad:

I also understand with most holidays over, they may all be back at the office! So for those also waiting - hopefully some news for you all this week.

NOC: 2232 BC
High wage category
App submitted 23/10/14
Frustration Level - through the roof!

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hello to all,
i am from alberta
I applied for a LMIA in 10th dec and my application for lmia was started on 15 th dec.

this morning my employer called sc and they answered after 10 minutes waiting, my employer just wanted to give his cell number as he is mostly out in business hours, SC updated file and added cell number and operator said that they will issue lmia before end of january !
hope this really happens ! and hope everyone who has applied for lmia gets it, coz there r so many important decisions of life attached with a positive lmia.

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
copper said:
hello to all,
i am from alberta
I applied for a LMIA in 10th dec and my application for lmia was started on 15 th dec.

this morning my employer called sc and they answered after 10 minutes waiting, my employer just wanted to give his cell number as he is mostly out in business hours, SC updated file and added cell number and operator said that they will issue lmia before end of january !
hope this really happens ! and hope everyone who has applied for lmia gets it, coz there r so many important decisions of life attached with a positive lmia.
Our all families depend on this number. Children's future depends on it.
And I don't understand if you willing to work hard, asking NOTHING from government just chance to work and live your dream, they need to think to let you do it ?
I saw so many Canadians on drugs, lazy ones just sitting all day long in front of TV, or even those "smart" with apprenticeship + college + university asking for "front desk" job because they don't care and because they don't like to work ! Let's be honest. It's us immigrants who making this country as it is...
Because just a few years ago, were all those proud Canadians, just as we are now.. Immigrants..

harinder hayre

Dec 13, 2014
Y16v said:
13 days and no lmo before....I had a good indian lawyer!
Could u plz tell me the name and contact of the lawyer... I need lmia very badly if u could help me with this that's really a water of glass to a dead person plz

Skmum

May 8, 2014
JuMo said:
Wish u all the luck !!!

This is Hilarious and want to believe it to be true !!! hahahaha .... Lol !!! :p :p :p :p

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
harinder hayre said:
Could u plz tell me the name and contact of the lawyer... I need lmia very badly if u could help me with this that's really a water of glass to a dead person plz
Don't believe everything you read on the internet... A lawyer cannot speed the process up and the timelines are in terms of months 8)

lnpiercy

May 6, 2014
JuMo said:
Our all families depend on this number. Children's future depends on it.
And I don't understand if you willing to work hard, asking NOTHING from government just chance to work and live your dream, they need to think to let you do it ?
I saw so many Canadians on drugs, lazy ones just sitting all day long in front of TV, or even those "smart" with apprenticeship + college + university asking for "front desk" job because they don't care and because they don't like to work ! Let's be honest. It's us immigrants who making this country as it is...
Because just a few years ago, were all those proud Canadians, just as we are now.. Immigrants..
Really now? I was someone who was trying to help a TFW, thankfully they don't have this attitude. Trying looking up the difference between "Settling" and "Immigrating".
Your attitude is what is making this difficult for people wanting to come here to work because people like me see this and rethink what we are doing and then put pressure on the government to change the program. You are entitled to NOTHING from this country. Meanwhile I will help my friend who has a more positive view.