+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Hey guys...great news! Our application was approved!!! Its your turn now Jovie, Fastfood and Beholder!!
Congrats! :)
It's 14 weeks since my employer got the file number... and they told us that it's 'only' take 8 weeks for them to process it...

@ ButterflyChemist
did Service Canada called your employer today and did they ask some additional questions and approved your LMO in the same day?
I would like to share this questions with my employer so he can prepare himself for this interview?

Tnx!
And Congratulations one more time! Cheers :)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
stripes said:
Congrats! :)
It's 14 weeks since my employer got the file number... and they told us that it's 'only' take 8 weeks for them to process it...

@ ButterflyChemist
did Service Canada called your employer today and did they ask some additional questions and approved your LMO in the same day?
I would like to share this questions with my employer so he can prepare himself for this interview?

Tnx!
And Congratulations one more time! Cheers :)
They did ask some additional questions that my company had to prepare responses in the form of documents for. I don't know the particulars of the questions but this was last week. My employer also had to raise my salary to meet the median wage for the occupation so I had to sign a new offer last week as well.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
ButterflyChemist said:
Hey guys...great news! Our application was approved!!! Its your turn now Jovie, Fastfood and Beholder!!
My Gosh @ButterflyChemist thats awesome!! I dont know but am really happy for ya Yes I am!!! Congratulations!! the wait is over now.. Thank God you can start your next step :)

I wish we all behind get some good news as this in the next week or sooner :)

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ButterflyChemist said:
Heyyyyyyy, see? You tried and here it is! :D Congrats!!

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon, we're like 6 days behind you. Last update when we called was that it's still pending, that they don't need anything right now and if they do, they'll call. They also said it should be completed "soon" but that's a bit vague :p

+1 for making me hopeful again 8)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
beholder69 said:
Heyyyyyyy, see? You tried and here it is! :D Congrats!!

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon, we're like 6 days behind you. Last update when we called was that it's still pending, that they don't need anything right now and if they do, they'll call. They also said it should be completed "soon" but that's a bit vague :p

+1 for making me hopeful again 8)
Aww thank you! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Jovie said:
My Gosh @ ButterflyChemist thats awesome!! I dont know but am really happy for ya Yes I am!!! Congratulations!! the wait is over now.. Thank God you can start your next step :)

I wish we all behind get some good news as this in the next week or sooner :)
Thanks Jovie. Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Hey........here you go:))) Congratulations......Sooo happy for you. You finally got it. Great news:)

Now I can expect to hear from them by end of this month. Do you have to apply for work permit from your country? Are you planning for EE as well?

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Congrats !
My employer told me that my collegue's case has been approved today. Our cases were filed together so I guess I should here from SC very soon !
I'm confident right now :)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fastfood said:
Hey........here you go:))) Congratulations......Sooo happy for you. You finally got it. Great news:)

Now I can expect to hear from them by end of this month. Do you have to apply for work permit from your country? Are you planning for EE as well?
Yes I do need to apply for a work permit from my country. Express entry down the line as I haven't taken the IELTS test yet. Its booked solid in my country for the next few months. Maybe it will be easier to take in Canada. One step at a time. Good luck!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Realben said:
Congrats !
My employer told me that my collegue's case has been approved today. Our cases were filed together so I guess I should here from SC very soon !
I'm confident right now :)
Good luck Realben. Keeping my fingers crossed. Lets hope the momentum continues

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ButterflyChemist said:
Yes I do need to apply for a work permit from my country. Express entry down the line as I haven't taken the IELTS test yet. Its booked solid in my country for the next few months. Maybe it will be easier to take in Canada. One step at a time. Good luck!
Yeah, you won't have any trouble with IELTS here. Lots of dates to take it and judging from your writing, it will be a breeze.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hi Guys, maybe I am bit "off" in this topic. BTW, congrats for those who got positive LMIA :D

I just want to ask if we got positive LMIA, does it indicate we got 100% chance of approval in work permit given that you do not have any health issue and no security/police issues? Im just afraid we got refused this time since previously they rejected our 1st work permit application due to lmia requirements. My husband is under international mobility which supposedly exempted in lmia. But now we got positive lmia and we applied work permit for 1 month now but still no updates :(

Thank you for those who can answer.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
kjg09 said:
Hi Guys, maybe I am bit "off" in this topic. BTW, congrats for those who got positive LMIA :D

I just want to ask if we got positive LMIA, does it indicate we got 100% chance of approval in work permit given that you do not have any health issue and no security/police issues? Im just afraid we got refused this time since previously they rejected our 1st work permit application due to lmia requirements. My husband is under international mobility which supposedly exempted in lmia. But now we got positive lmia and we applied work permit for 1 month now but still no updates :(

Thank you for those who can answer.
Unfortunately there is no 100% chance, as they'll also check if the requirements on the LMIA match the applicant's skills, employment history etc. In any case, hope you get a positive one!