+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
lnpiercy said:
Really now? I was someone who was trying to help a TFW, thankfully they don't have this attitude. Trying looking up the difference between "Settling" and "Immigrating".
Your attitude is what is making this difficult for people wanting to come here to work because people like me see this and rethink what we are doing and then put pressure on the government to change the program. You are entitled to NOTHING from this country. Meanwhile I will help my friend who has a more positive view.
I do think some people take the complaining a bit far. Being frustrated is understandable but some of the comments are in very poor taste and we do ourselves a disservice sometimes with the things we write on here.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
lnpiercy said:
Really now? I was someone who was trying to help a TFW, thankfully they don't have this attitude. Trying looking up the difference between "Settling" and "Immigrating".
Your attitude is what is making this difficult for people wanting to come here to work because people like me see this and rethink what we are doing and then put pressure on the government to change the program. You are entitled to NOTHING from this country. Meanwhile I will help my friend who has a more positive view.
+1 totally agree with you.

And newbies, please read some of the previous posts of this thread before posting that a lawyer would expedite your case or that you're going to get your LMIA in a two-week timeframe because you're were told so.
My employer has a lawyer and a consultant and I'm still waiting after 18 weeks. Most of us are in limbo and yes time frame is counted in months rather than weeks.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
JuMo said:
Wish u all the luck !!!
But must warn u ! They just shooting days depends how good was the sex previous night.
They told us and I quote: "to get results in 2 weeks for sure less" and it's 8th week since then.. :( ::)
We are certainly all entitled to our opinions but I think this is something you say to a friend, not something you post in a public forum. It doesn't help our cause.

lnpiercy

May 6, 2014
Glad you understand and I understand the frustration. I am not against the program am trying to help some people in the program but there are some who come here and this type of post is fuel for them and will not help you at all.Good luck to everyone otherwise.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Figured i would chime in and let you know that getting frustrated about the whole process is the worst.

Just sit back, try and enjoy life and the lmia will come soon enough.

harinder hayre

Dec 13, 2014
beholder69 said:
Don't believe everything you read on the internet... A lawyer cannot speed the process up and the timelines are in terms of months 8)
i don't have any status i have 20 days to restore my status. i m looking for lmo not for speed up my file. thx

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
harinder hayre said:
i don't have any status i have 20 days to restore my status. i m looking for lmo not for speed up my file. thx
You mean a pre-approved, un-named LMIA? If so, I highly doubt any employer on any field would currently hold one after the rules changed last summer and any of the old ones (pre-change) will have expired by now, so a lawyer won't be able to help you with that. If you find an employer willing to apply for one for you, it will take several months from now to be approved unfortunately (1 for the ad plus a minimum of 2 for approval)

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
I am currently lives in calgary i have student visa. I need to ask some question regarding LMIA.

1. I have an opportunity to get LMIA, currently i am working in transportation company as an assistant accountant(NOC 1212). so will CIC approve my work permit as a student in canada?

2. My employer offer me 15$ per hour but i saw in ESDC website that if employer wants to get LMIA he has to give to employee a Prevailing Wage( median salary per hour). So will ESDC approve my LMIA?

3. I saw in ESDC website that if Employers offering a wage to a TFW that is BELOW the provincial/territorial median hourly wage it will be subject to a cap on low-wage positions and currently my company staff has 6 employees and they didn't get LMIA before so will ESDC approve my LMIA?

yanisgu

Jan 14, 2015
Hi, guys

I got the LIMA file NO. at Oct 14 2014, received at Oct 17, lower level, room attendant

Last week (5 Jan 2015) someone called my employee asked some question including how many staff now you have and did you pay CPP for your staff .........balabala

but someone said it's not interview and another people will call to my employee again, she just call to check the document

How long will I get the LMIA? Is someone will call again?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends. My employer from Manitoba applied for my LMIA on 1st October. I completed 19 weeks, entering in week 20 now. In NOV my employer submitted the documents again, so far haven't heard back from SC again. My employer said that she is expecting to hear something at the end of this month or in the first week of Feb. Any inputs plz..

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fastfood said:
Hi Friends. My employer from Manitoba applied for my LMIA on 1st October. I completed 19 weeks, entering in week 20 now. In NOV my employer submitted the documents again, so far haven't heard back from SC again. My employer said that she is expecting to hear something at the end of this month or in the first week of Feb. Any inputs plz..
I'm still waiting in Manitoba as well Fastfood. Last week we submitted additional documents as requested by SC. No idea how long it will take but hoping that this is some long awaited progress in the processing of our application. Excluding holidays and weekends its been 15 weeks since our application was sent and 12 weeks since fees was charged.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ButterflyChemist said:
I'm still waiting in Manitoba as well Fastfood. Last week we submitted additional documents as requested by SC. No idea how long it will take but hoping that this is some long awaited progress in the processing of our application. Excluding holidays and weekends its been 15 weeks since our application was sent and 12 weeks since fees was charged.
If they keep any order in their files, we should hear from them merely days after you do, so come on ButterflyChemist, get it already! ;D

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
ButterflyChemist said:
@ButterflyChemist.. heres my update (since we both have similar timeline) my employer phoned SC this morning, they said its still pending for decision, but looks good because theres no 'REMARKS" showing at all meaning they dont need anything from my employer.. however no one called yet for employer interview as part of it..

Sad part, they dont give any frame time to when is the decision will be made..

first week of February when we phoned them they said mid of February.. they said same thing last December though lol

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Jovie said:
@ ButterflyChemist.. heres my update (since we both have similar timeline) my employer phoned SC this morning, they said its still pending for decision, but looks good because theres no 'REMARKS" showing at all meaning they dont need anything from my employer.. however no one called yet for employer interview as part of it..

Sad part, they dont give any frame time to when is the decision will be made..

first week of February when we phoned them they said mid of February.. they said same thing last December though lol
Jovie until they asked for additional documents last week that's the same thing they were saying, in processing, no remarks etc.....who knows what will happen. I'm hoping by the end of the month at least but would love it right now or maybe tomorrow ;D