+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Thanks to everyone and good look for those who still waiting their LMIA!

Tubilai said:
Did SC make any contact during that time frame?
They did, asked for transition plan at the beginning of December.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
anarsoul said:
Finally got LMIA! BC, NOC 2173. Initially documents were submitted at the last decade of June, 2014. So it took almost 6 month :)
Congrats ! :)

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
Let me share with todays story:

My boss called SC to find out what's goin on.
Boss: may I ask why I have my app here for 16 weeks with no answer ?
SC : I don't know.
Boss : can u tell me what's the status off app is ?
SC: I cant ! You will hear from us in 2 weeks maybe less.
Boss: that's what u told me 5 weeks ago ! What's the average processing time ?h
SC: 8 weeks
Boss: so why it's 16th week and I don't have decision?
SC: processing time is 8 weeks and u will hear from us in 2 weeks or less.....
.....beep.. Beep...beep...

but I'm not sure if it's funny anymore. Destroying lifes like this..

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
JuMo said:

That is infact the same scenario everytime my employer makes a call for follow-up.. sadly yesterday SC said processing time changed into longer weeks and months but didnt gave deffinite number of weeks (maybe 365 days lol).. we are on the same week frame @JuMo

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
I'm not sure about that. It may take weeks just to get the file number and payment to be taken. Thats when your wait really starts. Based on recent timelines I think its taking longer that 8 weeks.
We sent check. Got file # after 2 days and still waiting 16th week.. :(

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
JuMo said:

WOW... I can't close my mouth and can't stop shake my head right now... What a professional atitude they have... Just umbelievable.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
This is totally disrespectful, not only to the foreign/future workers, who we know they don't really give a sh*t about, but to the Canadian employers/business owners as well. How hard can it be to have a processing time and stick with it or at least deviate within reason? ???

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Yes this whole waiting without a timeline is so frustrating! Our lives are on hold because we can't make any plans either for Canada or staying here. Not nice not being able to take control of your own life and make plans.

Weeks are passing by and nothing is being achieved :( I know it'll all be worth it if it gets approved but still a painful process to endure when it may end up being a negative answer.

Going into week 8 this week since file number and payment taken and almost 18 weeks since submitting. We want to believe a decision is close now! We were wondering if they sit on the applications for a while to see if the employer finds a canadian worker because it's taking too long.

I'm back at work tomorrow after Christmas break and I had hoped to be able to tell them I was leaving soon haha.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Kiwisteph said:
Yes this whole waiting without a timeline is so frustrating! Our lives are on hold because we can't make any plans either for Canada or staying here. Not nice not being able to take control of your own life and make plans.

Weeks are passing by and nothing is being achieved :( I know it'll all be worth it if it gets approved but still a painful process to endure when it may end up being a negative answer.

Going into week 8 this week since file number and payment taken and almost 18 weeks since submitting. We want to believe a decision is close now! We were wondering if they sit on the applications for a while to see if the employer finds a canadian worker because it's taking too long.

I'm back at work tomorrow after Christmas break and I had hoped to be able to tell them I was leaving soon haha.
Yep, we all have the same deleterious feelings...
My 19th week starts on Next Monday...
Keep the faith ! :)

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hello to all,
i am from alberta
I applied for a LMIA in 10th dec and my application for lmia was started on 15 th dec.
anybody applied in this period ?

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
the lawyer is doing the final assessment tomorrow on my app then i guess he will finally be sending it in..and can wait another 6 months before it gets approved/declined..

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
There's a good chance my whole family could get in a serious life-ruining situation if the LMIA we're waiting for takes 16 weeks or more (currently on the 11th), let alone if it's declined. Talking about a real dead end here. They closed the program for the restaurants. Then they overhauled the whole thing, making it more difficult and expensive. The least the officers could do, would be to respect the applications that follow the new rules and the employers behind them and not give vague answers or hang up the phone.

It's also disappointing to see 2 different government organizations that deal with immigration and work force, compete in which is worse than the other in doing their jobs. Talking about Service Canada and CIC here, since I've been having dealings with both for some time now and some of the issues I've come up against are really infuriating.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
beholder69 said:
There's a good chance my whole family could get in a serious life-ruining situation if the LMIA we're waiting for takes 16 weeks or more (currently on the 11th), let alone if it's declined. Talking about a real dead end here. They closed the program for the restaurants. Then they overhauled the whole thing, making it more difficult and expensive. The least the officers could do, would be to respect the applications that follow the new rules and the employers behind them and not give vague answers or hang up the phone.

It's also disappointing to see 2 different government organizations that deal with immigration and work force, compete in which is worse than the other in doing their jobs. Talking about Service Canada and CIC here, since I've been having dealings with both for some time now and some of the issues I've come up against are really infuriating.

Yeah, I can't wait that long, I'm gonna end up losing my girl if I wait that long, 8 weeks would still be fine but we know it's gonna take way longer...At least they could be respectful like you said and put some effort into it.