September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
ButterflyChemist said:
Good luck. Hope your LMIA comes through soon
Same to you @butterflyChemist we are almost the same timeline.. wish all of us the best. by the way you are so absolutely right, if CIC tells us 2 weeks they will get back for an answer it will take another "forever" waiting because they told my employer they will give answer 3rd week of November then it goes Dec 4, then goes Dec 18 then goes January 4, then now they are telling 2nd week of January.. keeps on moving Lol

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Jovie said:
Same to you @ butterflyChemist we are almost the same timeline.. wish all of us the best. by the way you are so absolutely right, if CIC tells us 2 weeks they will get back for an answer it will take another "forever" waiting because they told my employer they will give answer 3rd week of November then it goes Dec 4, then goes Dec 18 then goes January 4, then now they are telling 2nd week of January.. keeps on moving Lol
Lol. Crazy! We just have to try and find the humor in these situations because Lord know the wait can drive you mad

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
ButterflyChemist said:
Lol. Crazy! We just have to try and find the humor in these situations because Lord know the wait can drive you mad
yeah nothing we can do but smile everyday :*)

superpants

Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone

I thought I would share my timeline with you all. I warn you however as it doesn't make for good reading! Haha.

I was offered a job with a multinational software company back in March. I already have a job in Toronto and this was the easiest route to change, or so I thought. The position was based in Toronto working as a web designer. They have their own lawyers which helped file all the papers. I also fell into the higher earner wage bracket. It's clear, however, that expedited applications don't exist after seeing the postings on this forum. The process with the lawyers began in early May.

I initially anticipated to get a result on the LMO/LMIA in August. I'm little foggy on how my timeline got so messed up, but I received and email from the lawyers in late August informing me that the application had just hit the queue, and that they expected to hear about it in early/mid October (I'm assuming the changes at SC resulted in the application having to be resubmitted).

Fast forward to today, week 20 of the supposed 6-8 week wait. The company had to officially rescind my job offer this week as they are no longer able to keep the position open. The lawyers reached out to SC numerous times but no answer were forthcoming. At this point I'll never know how long it took to process.

The kind of funny part: this position will probably be moved over to the US. I was never "taking their jobs" in the end.

TL;DR : offered job in March, fast forward to January of next year - SC took so long to process that the job wasn't there anymore.

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
I've been reading this forum for a while now and I can definitely identify with a lot of you guys...
So, here's my timeline:

NOC: 1215 Warehouse supervisor
Alberta
My employer received a file number on October 8th and was told that the processing time will be 8 weeks.

So, it has been 13 weeks today since we applied. All of this wait had caused a lot of dropped plans and frustration for me. This is rediculous. :mad:

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
stripes said:
I've been reading this forum for a while now and I can definitely identify with a lot of you guys...
So, here's my timeline:

NOC: 1215 Warehouse supervisor
Alberta
My employer received a file number on October 8th and was told that the processing time will be 8 weeks.

So, it has been 13 weeks today since we applied. All of this wait had caused a lot of dropped plans and frustration for me. This is rediculous. :mad:
I see that calling The Office is not helpfull at all. They just making a fun of us and I can bet they reading this forum and dying from laughing...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
superpants said:
Hello everyone

I thought I would share my timeline with you all. I warn you however as it doesn't make for good reading! Haha.

I was offered a job with a multinational software company back in March. I already have a job in Toronto and this was the easiest route to change, or so I thought. The position was based in Toronto working as a web designer. They have their own lawyers which helped file all the papers. I also fell into the higher earner wage bracket. It's clear, however, that expedited applications don't exist after seeing the postings on this forum. The process with the lawyers began in early May.

I initially anticipated to get a result on the LMO/LMIA in August. I'm little foggy on how my timeline got so messed up, but I received and email from the lawyers in late August informing me that the application had just hit the queue, and that they expected to hear about it in early/mid October (I'm assuming the changes at SC resulted in the application having to be resubmitted).

Fast forward to today, week 20 of the supposed 6-8 week wait. The company had to officially rescind my job offer this week as they are no longer able to keep the position open. The lawyers reached out to SC numerous times but no answer were forthcoming. At this point I'll never know how long it took to process.

The kind of funny part: this position will probably be moved over to the US. I was never "taking their jobs" in the end.

TL;DR : offered job in March, fast forward to January of next year - SC took so long to process that the job wasn't there anymore.
Man that sucks! I don't even know what to say to that.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
JuMo said:
I see that calling The Office is not helpfull at all. They just making a fun of us and I can bet they reading this forum and dying from laughing...

I think it depends on the center and all that. My employer calls every week and has never indicated any issues excepting that there didn't seem to be anything happening on our file until this week when they asked for some additional information. From what I have read here the wait to get through to someone can take forever though.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Jovie said:
My work permit was over Dec 31, 2014.. since we are still waiting for this controversial LMIA I decided to apply WORK PERMIT EXTENSION online exact two weeks before my expiration date (if it expires in more than 2 weeks the system wont accept the downloading/submission of IMM5710E), I attached all the necessary documents needed and paid for it.. I phone Service Canada January 2, 2015 asked them and cleared my status because I was confused if I can still continue working because my NOC and CATEGORY and condition changed (6421 to 6211). SERVICE CANADA told me I can continue working so I did.

And.. I went to SGI to request for my Driving lisence to extend as well.. I brought with me all CIC emails/confirmation letter and online processing fee Reciept of work permit, I was just wishing they could just give me atleast 3 months extension and I would be very happy.. in my surprise they gave me 8 months driving license extension (BUT HOPING LMIA WAITING FRAME WONT BE ANOTHER 8 MONTHS FOR ME)!!!! LOL! * LMIA app - OCT.2, 2014 still waiting.
Yeah, fortunately SGI always give 8 months extension when you show them work permit related paperwork

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Finally got LMIA! BC, NOC 2173. Initially documents were submitted at the last decade of June, 2014. So it took almost 6 month :)

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
anarsoul said:
Finally got LMIA! BC, NOC 2173. Initially documents were submitted at the last decade of June, 2014. So it took almost 6 month :)
This is a relief.. Congratulations!! :) cheers mate!

hhsyfamily

Jan 8, 2015
Hi guys
I'm still waiting ..
I applied LMIA on 18th Aug , 2014 for NOC 6211.
But my boss , the employer hasn't got the interview yet even.
It already has been 5 month .. it's very tiresome

sankyx

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
anarsoul said:
6 months!? I'm doom then! How in the blue hell this can take that long!

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
anarsoul said:
Wow! Congratulations! Did SC make any contact during that time frame? Or did you just get a decision?

Mine was delivered on June 2nd, and I was pretty much throwing the towel on this one and looking for another company. You gave me some extra breath though.

And sorry to hear about your case superpants. I know how awful waiting that long is and kind of how you must feel. Cheer up though! And go for another one.