+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members,

Continue sharing your timeline updates. I will update the Members' list during the weekend.

Cheers and stay positive!

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
The problem is that it's hard to find something meaningful to do.
I feel frustrated of thinking that I spent 5 months of my life here, doing nothing at all just breathing like a plant because of their inconsistent of the processing time. I'm tired to be careful to don't spend more then few dollars a day for the essential needs. This is a shame for this country.

I always paid fees and taxes in time, I was working before and now I'm no longer allowed to work here but still every months I'm struggling to pay the rent, bills and at this point also food.
They should say like, "ok for your work visa you need 6 month or let say 2 years" and someone can organize his life and decide.
I keep staying here because they at first told me they needed three months to process the documents so I balanced my money based on that. After three months they extended to four and now five and still nobody knows when they will decided to process this document. Is it serious? this is the worst thing that a Country can make and I m surprised of that since Canada has been the place for immigrants since forever.

jessxgc

Mar 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

NDUFB11: I'm in the same situation as you, totally understand your frustration! Wondering how much longer is it going to take and for how much longer can I afford living here, paying rent, food and basically doing nothing since I am not allowed to work.

My case is worse than most of you since I also applied for restoration of status... when I call them they tell me that for restoration they cannot give me an estimate time since it varies by case. This is ridiculous!

I first applied in MARCH by paper to extend my PGWP (it was issued to passport expiry date of MAY 30th 2015). On MAY 31st, one day after my PGWP expired, they returned my application with a letter stating the reason that they couldn't process it was because I didn't pay the new fee for open work permit of $100. In this letter they also notified me about my loss of status, since that was past MAY 30th 2015. I gathered everything again and applied by paper.

Well finally, on June 18th they received my paper application for restoration of status / extension of work permit (new employer), so it has been 129 days wait so far. Also sent a request for change of address a couple days ago, wonder if that'll go through ??? ???

Hopefully it will all work out for all of us and soon.

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
Hi,

Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 15th
Blank Update: August 7 to Oct 23
Paid $100: Not required yet

:( :( :(

star1002007

Aug 17, 2015
Nina B said:
Hi,

Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 15th
Blank Update: August 7 to Oct 23
Paid $100: Not required yet

:( :( :(

We are in the same boat. I don't know why May 15th applicants wait for so long. My husband, two of my classmates and I all apply on May 15. None of us get the 100 dollars request and any updates.
So tried to wait and check CIC everyday.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
I applied on 16th may... I completed my applications before my friends did.. They applied 3 weeks later and they got their approval in aug end.. May 3rd week was the worst week i guess.

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Alex Z said:
I'm following the forum since page 93.. So I decided to share my timeline too.
I was never asked to pay 100$ fee, so paid by myself on September 15, uploaded a receipt through CSE form TWICE (September 17 and October 9) and never heard back that my receipt was attached. Called CIC last week and the guy told me that it's attached. However, when I called them today - the other guy said that it's not attached and he made a note to my application with the info above and my receipt number.
It makes me really worrying cause it might delay my processing time (thinking of that is killing me) and I do not know what to do about that. Ugh.

Applied: May 20th
Blank Update: July 31st and August 11th
Paid $100: September 15th (wasn't asked by CIC, attached receipt via CSE and never heard back)

CIC isn't helpful and keep saying to me 'your application is processing, please wait'. :'(
Stay strong Alex...

J

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
Just adding my experience
Applied on :June 8 ( full amount)
Updates: Aug 15, Aug 19
waiting :as of October 24 ( 139 days)
I phoned CIC on October 21st. They said it will another one more month waiting period for me :eek:. My friends who applied on last week of June got PGWP last week.
Has anyone who applied on June 8 or first week of June get approved???

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
thunderbird22 said:
I phoned CIC on October 21st. They said it will another one more month waiting period for me :eek:. My friends who applied on last week of June got PGWP last week.
How are you getting all those waiting periods? I'm calling them every week and the only thing they said to me is 'wait', no certain amounts of time... Plus, your application, according to the processing time wasn't processed yet, it's only June 5th there for now.

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Netz said:
I applied on 16th may... I completed my applications before my friends did.. They applied 3 weeks later and they got their approval in aug end.. May 3rd week was the worst week i guess.
If it is any comfort to you, I applied on May 10th and still waiting. And if you go through the list Jubear has compiled, you will see many who applied before you guys still waiting. It is terrible for everyone, and all we can do is hope it arrives sooner rather than later.

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi Jubear and all !

I am a May 6th applicant and roaming around in Canada without a WP yet!
I had opined couple of weeks ago that we need to protest in a democratic way and don't just look at your shoes. Since I didn't receive much response on this forum then I chose to remain as a silent spectator. I opened the forum today and found that finally people are talking about going public (with medias). Way to go !!, I tried to find a way to go public with CBC but didn't know how to do it. Could somebody have done that here put the exact page / email /steps here? Also I feel we should standardize our subject/topic of the protest. Like the title of this forum, so that CBC can categorize how many people are facing this problem from their end. Friends, don't be just happy sitting and checking the status of your application!

Also I have another suggestion, can we send a letter to our new MPs with our sign as a campaign? Irrespective of whether you have received PGWP or not? because we need support and numbers. At least you can mention the frustration that you underwent till the time you got PGWP and didn't expect that from a country like Canada. If all of us do send it to respective constituency MPs, the things can fire up easily; new members will know the seriousness of the issue. DONT JUST DEPEND ON MEDIAS! WE NEED RESULTS, SO EXPLAIN YOUR MPs as well. May be we can prepare a standard template of the letter and post here. So we all will send it via ordinary post to MPs, like a POST CARD campaign ! that’s simple but works. Please share opinion here. I agree with what Jubear says: be patient, respectful, democratic and no abusive language please!!
Eager to know your opinion, but remember numbers do count!

Best,
Can_Can

Matteo1987

Sep 28, 2015
hello everyone

my PGWP has recently been approved, but because I'm not in Canada now I have a question for you guys

My PGWP has been delivered at my canadian address, I may ask a firend to mail it to me, but I'm actually thinking of going to take it in person when I come back.
Can I come back bringing a printed copy of my approval letter saying that the actual PGWP has been deliverd to my home in Canada ? Will the agent at the border be ok with that ?
Eventually I don't need a Visa to travel to Canada

it's a stupid question but I just wanna be sure

thanks again, I've been following the forum for a while and it helps a lot. Good job guys and good luck to all still waiting

Oct 24, 2015
So glad I found this thread and learned that someone else is in the same boat!

Here is my timeline
Applied: May 15th (paid $255 on the same day and attached receipt )
Blank Update: August 13th
Current Status: Waiting as of October 24th (day 163)

I called CIC last week and all the call centre said is that she would "remind" the immigration officer to process it. She also confirmed with me that no additional document was requested, so I don't know what's causing the delay. Already sent two case specific inquiry forms with no response...

ulala

Oct 21, 2015
Matteo1987 said:
hello everyone

my PGWP has recently been approved, but because I'm not in Canada now I have a question for you guys

My PGWP has been delivered at my canadian address, I may ask a firend to mail it to me, but I'm actually thinking of going to take it in person when I come back.
Can I come back bringing a printed copy of my approval letter saying that the actual PGWP has been deliverd to my home in Canada ? Will the agent at the border be ok with that ?
Eventually I don't need a Visa to travel to Canada

it's a stupid question but I just wanna be sure

thanks again, I've been following the forum for a while and it helps a lot. Good job guys and good luck to all still waiting
Hi there, I think you have no problem coming back, even without a copy of the PGWP. They will have it in system.
But the only problem is, is your TRV still valid? If yes, then you can just come back.

Here is the link of CIC's website, hope that's helpful!

--> cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=190&t=17

amiro123

Oct 25, 2015
hello
i have applied pgwp on may 5 ,2015 . still waiting and the status shows open.
study permit expired on july 2015.
can i go to us border and flagpole?
i have heard that one can get an instant work permit there.
Please suggest, should i go there ,but my study permit is already expired.
thanx