+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Zalazalak

Oct 6, 2017
Hello!

I have studied 2 years of program. I have applied for pgwp in July 1st week.I got refusal for my pgwp on 26th September. Because of last semester was fright forwarding and I haven't attached my degree certificate (it's wasn't mentioned ) but it was my mistake.Iam really tense as my 90days after study and study permit is exp and letter says you have 90 days to restore status after 26th sep. And my college informed me to reapply pgwp as restoration.

What should I do now .... I only see positivity in applying as a pgwp as a restoration.

If I have to restore my status as visitor and then apply of pgwp or what???????

Please assist me with this ASAP.

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
PGWP Applied : April 11
Approved: May 24
My Query is : Status says approved and check message for details. But no message yet in cic site, no email too. Is this normal ?

Also,I had a different address for mailing and residential. Would CIC mail to the mailing address ?

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Finally got my 3 year work permit through flag polling.

I had done two different 1 year post graduate programs (one from humber another from georgebrown) and graduated in December 2015. My study permit is to expire on 30 March 2016. As soon as I graduated, after getting all the documents (transcripts and confirmation of graduation) I applied online for my pgwp in the first week of Jan 2016 and returned to my home country (Pakistan) for vacations. Came back last week and landed at Pearson International. I asked from the immigration if I can apply for my pgwp and how flagpoling works. They told me that they cant process my pgwp as I was coming from outside NORTH AMERICA (continent). Yes CBSA can only process those pgwp if you are coming to Canada from United States only (atleast that was the information that was given to me at Pearson International Airport by the CBSA). I then asked what should I do and they told me that I should go to Niagra Falls Border (Rainbow Bridge) and explained the process of flagpolling. He also noticed that I had already applied online and encouraged me to wait until a decision is to be made but I said i am willing to pay again (255) and he was okay with thay

Went to Rainbow Bridge with my friends yesterday. US officials gave us the white paper ( administrative refusal). I had valid US Visa as well and asked the US officials that I can enter US for 5 mins and then come back as I dont want any issues or refusals. The US officials categorically said that it WOULD NOT have any impact on my future applications or entries to US and there is no need for me to declare anywhere if I have been refused entry to any country while applying for visa's or permits in future. The process took 10 mins. Went to Canadian Side. Told them we are here for our pgwp. Waited for about 3 hrs and finally got our 3 year permits.

Now here come the tricky part. As soon as every one looks three years on the permit they do not focus on the rest of the details of the permit. Thanks to this forum I was aware that you need to keep in consideration few important details.
Employer should be left blank/open/unknown
Employment location should be open or unknown and there should not be written RESTRICTED or RESTRICTIONS on the pgwp.

My work permit had Employment Location as Toronto and Employer as Marketing. I told the officer that I need a new workpermit and dont want it like this. At first she said it does not make a difference and its okay if your employer has any problem tell them to contact us. But I insisted and said respectfully that I want it to be changed now. She then said she can call his supervisor and then I talked with her supervisor and he said it could be done right now and asked me to wait. Apparently her supervisor gave her a hard time because she was processing all the pgwp like this and they had an argument and I could listen to some of there conversation in the waiting area. After 5 mins she called me, (was not looking happy at all) and gave me a new work permit this time a correct one and same happened with my friend as well.

We got our 3 year work permits through two one year post graduate certificates from different colleges. Thanks to all the active members and I would advise those who dont want to wait to go for flagpolling. Believe me I had the same doubts as you guys might have but it all worked out.

My next question is that how can I withdraw my application online and get my money back that I paid earlier. It would be a bonus for me.
OMG, that's really good info. Thanks