+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I submitted my application on March 19th, at that time I didn't notice that I have to pay another $100. After I submitted my application and I found there was no place for me to pay/ Upload anything. Besides I didn't have any feedback form cic yet. I'm quite nervous, could you please share the timeline of your application. Thanks~~

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Thanks for sharing and one more question did you get the notification by them indicating you should pay the extra money for the open work permit. I didn't receive anything and also don't know where to do it

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I'm in the same boat. However, I discovered a link yesterday to CIC online payment. The online payment requires you to register (the because the system is different from the MyCIC account). A word of caution: You can't upload it on your account if you have already applied. The best thing to do is pay and keep the receipt until they ask for it. I also have a feeling that the system will alert them after you've paid online.

Because this site doesn't allow links, I couldn't put them here.
Therefore, Google this statement; "Apply for a work permit-Work after graduation." Open the link and scroll down to Pay the correct fees. Follow the instruction below to pay online.

To correctly register the payment on your application using the Online Payment System, you must select the “Immigration” category and then “Temporary Residence” for a list of fee options. Select the “Open Work Permit Holder fee” option and follow the instructions to complete your payment. Save a copy of your receipt to your computer.

I hope that helps. At least for now until CIC asks for a receipt. Save your receipt.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
I still heard nothing from cic, it's a little bit panic since it has already been 62 days after I submitted my application. I haven't got paid from my work for two months and I really don't want to lose the current job

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi guys, anyone got any updates? I didn't receive anything from cic yet, even the email asking for pay extra money on open work permit. its over 70 days since I applied, I wrote emails to them, but they never replay. Could anybody give me some suggestions what should I do next? I got a job offer from government which requires the work permit to perform the beckground check before June 1st. or they will give this job to other candidate, I really don't want to lose the job, is there anyway to accelerate my application? thanks a lot

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not updates yet. I understand how you feel. Have you checked your application status online to see if they've made any changes?

On another note, your prospective employer (government) should offer you the job because you have implied status. The law implies that you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new WP application.

The law also stipulates that you must stay in Canada (of which you are) and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until CIC decides on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.

The other thing to remember is that they don't usually respond to emails if the application is still within the processing time period. But of course it depends on when you emailed them.

Relax, everything will be alright. Also let us know if you see any changes (approval date, when you received your PGWP in the mail, etc).

Cheers!

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I checked online for several times but nothing changed since I submitted my application. I know the "implied status", however, it seems not work for my prospective jobs. They need the work permit to performance the security check, without screening, I cannot work. One thing I am really afraid is that some times it might have system error, for example, last year my friend help her mum apply entry visa for here online, after the submission they never received a single notice form cic. 3 month later they received a email from cic, indicate their application was rejected because they didn't submit her passport on time. But they never received a email or a message from cic. I really afraid I will fall into the same situation. :(

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your manager or HR department aware of the implied status law? Have you provided them proof of your original previous work permit (to perform security check) and proof that you applied to get a new one?

Find this information on CIC website and provide it to them. They actually need to see it. That helps to clear doubts or mistrust issues. Don't make them think that you doubt yourself or that you are a fraud.

Remain calm and speak with confidence as you present that information to HR.

So fight harder and hang onto that job opportunity
!

Stay positive. You WP will arrive soon.

Cheers!

cyas33

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
I applied March 17....already had to turn down one job offer because of no work permit. I got an update on Sunday on my applicaton. Application is now open.Still waiting

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
jubear said:
Is your manager or HR department aware of the implied status law? Have you provided them proof of your original previous work permit (to perform security check) and proof that you applied to get a new one?

Find this information on CIC website and provide it to them. They actually need to see it. That helps to clear doubts or mistrust issues. Don't make them think that you doubt yourself or that you are a fraud.

Remain calm and speak with confidence as you present that information to HR.

So fight harder and hang onto that job opportunity
!

Stay positive. You WP will arrive soon.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, it's helpful. My situation is a little bit complication. My study permit expired on 3.31 and I applied for the pgwp on 3.19. My HR said because it is a change from sp to wp, I cannot work until the permit arrived. It's really weird, I got a email told me my application has been updated last evening, but when I log in to check what message it was, there is nothing new.

Cheers!