+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jlsm

May 4, 2015
mets15 said:
Hi guys,

Can anymore who has been approved lately tell me at around what times you are receiving emails from CIC? Anything after 3 or 4pm? And did anyone ever see an approval on a weekend? I'm supposed to fly to the States tomorrow evening, just trying to see if there's any hope of receiving an approval or even seeing it on the account online around 4 or 5pm Alberta time or this weekend?

I saw a blank update on my profile today but didn't receive an email about it at all, so just wondering if there's any hope to receive an approval on any medium.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I got update from CIC stating that my application is approved around midnight, I don't know why, but my wife got the message around 10 AM, so it's kinda random I guess.. nobody knows how the CIC work :)

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
adlmer said:
Congrats to all those who received there PGWPs!!!

I need your suggestion if I should inform about change of address? Any idea? I applied on May 11. Would it affect my processing time?

If somebody could share there experience with change of address and its affect on application processing time, that would be really helpful. (Can you Moelaghil?)

Thanks.
Thank you!

I would strongly recommend against a change of address if your situation permits. It adds delays and headaches.

Adlmer check your Inbox for more details.

Regards,
Moelaghil

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
jlsm said:
Hi,

I got update from CIC stating that my application is approved around midnight, I don't know why, but my wife got the message around 10 AM, so it's kinda random I guess.. nobody knows how the CIC work :)
Thank you jlsm! You are giving me some hope as I sit here packed and pray that I don't have to cancel my flight. I cannot fly and lose my implied status so really need the email to tell me I got approved. Thanks! If anyone else has any experience, please let me know too.

ulala

Oct 21, 2015
Thank you everyone for sharing your story/timeline/method.

I am really really impressed by the way JuBear encourages us to speak up.
I just emailed a complaint to CBC Go Public (gopublic@cbc.ca) and stressed that more complaints are to come.
I also plan to contact a MP next Monday.

So people, make our voice heard. Don't just complain in silence. We deserve to be treated fairly.
After so much contribution to this country, we deserve to land our feet.
So please use any channel to make the issue heard.

I saw CIC's processing time has dropped from 145days to 132 today which was impressive.
I guess the complaints are working.
So please, contribute to the voice, for yourself and for others.
And this is no just about PGWP. This is about the way we are treated by CIC.
Remember, one day you may need to apply for another permit, apply for PR, apply for citizen, etc.
The way CIC treats people should change. And we can make an effort.

lennarddo

Jul 13, 2012
Hi,
I have to log in to share my problem also. I am 16th May applicant and I even still havent received any request for $100. Everyday I live in pain and worry. I missed several jobs because of this.
No company accept me without the official work permit. I called them last week and the answer as I knew was just: "you have to wait, they are processing..." i dont know what to say. Feeling so frustrated.

eva2015

Oct 19, 2015
I am in the same situation
I applied on 19 may,i even changed my mailing adress.until today,i am still waiting.who can tell me how long i have to wait for pgwp. :(
Tks.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Well it may sound a little weird but I have also mailed my grievances to Liberal.ca :-\

Going crazy with PGWP wait.

tjb2691

Oct 14, 2015
Just contacted my MP and was told he looked at my application and does not know why it has not been printed and sent to me. Application on MY CIC still has no updates at all. But he said he should have an answer by next week. Confusion from everyone

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Netz said:
Well it may sound a little weird but I have also mailed my grievances to Liberal.ca :-\

That's a great idea Netz. I just did the same on the contact us page at Liberal.ca. I think the more people that express their concerns and frustration, the more likely it is that something is done about it.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Netz said:

Thanks for informing. I also just submitted mine on Liberal.ca

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
ft395 said:
I got the approval today.
Here is the complete timeline:

Ft395
Applied: June 27th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 9th, 20, 21
Approval: Oct 21 (website update on Oct 22)
Current Status: waiting for mail delivery

Good luck!
Hi Ft395, can you tell me when you got your emails about the approval? Like what time in the day I mean?? I am a June 26th applicant. Thanks a lot.

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
Have new MPs started working??
I have a new MP in my area but his contact is not updated.
I only have the contact of his campaign office. Should I call there to get help??
Can I contact MP from another area to get help?

zhang624

Oct 21, 2015
I apply on april27th 2015. finally got my 100 paid today oct24th。 I also called my mp today, he told me he will call cic and give me a call back. i am not sure it will helpful or not. just wait for the return.hopefully i can get my wp sooner

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
My application date is May 29. I just submitted my story on Liberal.ca, and sent a letter to assistance@liberal.ca. I am not sure whether it can help or not. At least We are fighting.