+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
wertpaw020 said:
Guys can u help me for applying trv i got my post grad work permit
Mind if I ask what province are you in? Cuz I received the approved message the same day as you did, but still didn't get in mail box. I'm currently living in Vancouver.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the help you guys sharing about the PGWP+TRV process

I had some questions about the TRV;

1. In the form IMM5257E in the "Details of Visit" section, what did you select under 'Purpose of Visit'? Do we select 'Returning Worker'?

2. How long you plan to stay should be the length of the PGWP i presume?

3. Funds available suitable amount?

Also, names and addresses of persons or institutions? Does that mean where we work or just enter a local relative's name?

Thank you in advance

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
lifein360 said:
Hi guys,

1. In the form IMM5257E in the "Details of Visit" section, what did you select under 'Purpose of Visit'? Do we select 'Returning Worker'?

Also, names and addresses of persons or institutions? Does that mean where we work or just enter a local relative's name?

Thank you in advance
2) Yes

P.S Your inbox is full

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifein360 said:
Hi guys,

4. Also, names and addresses of persons or institutions? Does that mean where we work or just enter a local relative's name?

Thank you in advance

Lifein360 and For the Benefit of Others,

1) - You may select returning worker.
- However, you could also select: a) other; Then type in b) Post-graduate Work Permit Holder (PGWPP)

2) PGWP
- From <---date of issue To <---expiry date

3) Anyone would be speculating here, so take it with a pinch of salt. Here are some suggestions;
a- If you have money on your account that is >=$1000 then indicate it.

b- If you have a job and/or job offer then multiple your $/hr * hr/wk * 52wk/yr. This will give you your gross salary/yr.

c- If you have family that can send money to your account, then contact them before you fill your form.

d- If you are jobless and no money on your account (which I doubt because you pay rent), then you might want to use part
(b) as your expected gross salary. I say expected because its speculative in a sense that you are not exactly sure
about how much you will earn as a new graduate, and as such you are basing your wage/hr ($/hr) on the labour market
research within your field of study (entry level or masters level). This is the last resort and it has perfectly worked for some.

4) Address of:
- Your current employer and/or
- Your current residence in Canada

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TO: PGWP Holders and Forum Members

SUBJECT: How to Apply for a TRV (aka Visitor Visa) Within Canada and Outside Canada

WITHIN CANADA

Option 1: You can apply online. Please login to your MyCIC account.
- Under "What would you like to do today?", click on Visitor visa, study and/or work permit
- Under "I do not have a personal reference code", click on Determine your eligibility and apply online for visitor visa, study and/or
work permit

- **Pay careful attention to the following questions in the questionnaire;

a) What would you like to do in Canada? Work
b) How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
c) What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker
d) Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is....?: No/Yes; depending on NOC 0, A or B
e) Do you have a written job offer? No
f) What is your province of destination? Current provincial residence.
g) Which of the following best describes your situation? I have an open work permit.
h) Medical Exam in last 12 months? No/Yes; depending on your field of study/occupation
i) Have you lived in a designated country for >6 months in the last year? No

Requirements (Processing fee is $100)
- Form IMM5257E (Same as for TRV made outside of Canada)
- Supporting documents:
i) Valid Passport copy (including page of personal info and pages with stamps and visas)
ii) Digital photo (JPEG or JPEG2000). See specifications at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.
iii) PGWP copy

Option 2: You can apply by paper. For further info please go to;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA#applications

Requirements (Processing fee is $100)
- Form IMM5257E
- Document checklist IMM5721E
- See document checklist for supporting documents you may need. Note: Not every listed document applies to you.
- Form IMM5707E
- Mail application to:

CPC – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

If sent by private courier, mail to:

CPC – Ottawa
Temporary Resident Visa Section
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

PGWP HOLDERS OUTSIDE CANADA (Processing fee is CDN $100 <--- consult exchange rates there or http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/)

Go here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

- Under, "Select a country/territory", choose your current country of residence.
- Click on Get Documents
- Some countries have their own Visa Office instructions under the application package in addition to other requirements.
- Also speak to someone at a Canadian VFS, Consulate or Embassy in that country for further guidance.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone

I need your help, I just notice that I made a mistake in my PGWP application. As I only include the page that include my information and photo. I am wondering if there is a way to send the missing pages and if not then is that goining to affect the outcome of my application ?

Plssss help

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
I2 said:
Hello Everyone

I need your help, I just notice that I made a mistake in my PGWP application. As I only include the page that include my information and photo. I am wondering if there is a way to send the missing pages and if not then is that goining to affect the outcome of my application ?

Plssss help
You mean the passport? If so I am in the same situation as yours but I'm applying for Co-op work permit online. I called CIC and explained the situation. All they could do is that they left a note on my application. I don't know if they will be asking to upload the remaining page when the time comes. But I hope that helped :-[

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, my passport. The weird thing is that I have applied online three times ( They have approved all) and I never included the other pages.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I2 said:
Yes, my passport. The weird thing is that I have applied online three times ( They have approved all) and I never included the other pages.
I2 & HejSamuel

Don't sweat it. Its a minor issue. Most people have made that mistake before and usually processing officers just ignore it. However, in future its important that you remember for PR or Citizenship. You never know what another processing officer will do especially if s/he is not in a good mood. Just relax for now.

Where do you get this info?

- When applying online, there is a column named "instructions" (with a question mark [?]). Click on it and you will see further details.

- If applying by paper, the document checklist has instructions and requirements as well.

In both cases you can as well find a guideline for various applications. This tends to be a long webpage usually explaining what you need, how to fill out a form, application method and mailing address. This is good and detailed because we all make mistakes on forms.

I'm sure you are aware of these things. However, I also know from experience that the simplest of things can delay the processing of our applications or cost us an application, thus leading to stress. Its all about curiosity and having an eye for attention to details without assuming anything.

Relax and enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Jubear

Thank you so much.

Regards

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
jubear said:
I2 & HejSamuel

Don't sweat it. Its a minor issue. Most people have made that mistake before and usually processing officers just ignore it. However, in future its important that you remember for PR or Citizenship. You never know what another processing officer will do especially if s/he is not in a good mood. Just relax for now.

Where do you get this info?

- When applying online, there is a column named "instructions" (with a question mark [?]). Click on it and you will see further details.

- If applying by paper, the document checklist has instructions and requirements as well.

In both cases you can as well find a guideline for various applications. This tends to be a long webpage usually explaining what you need, how to fill out a form, application method and mailing address. This is good and detailed because we all make mistakes on forms.

I'm sure you are aware of these things. However, I also know from experience that the simplest of things can delay the processing of our applications or cost us an application, thus leading to stress. Its all about curiosity and having an eye for attention to details without assuming anything.

Relax and enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!
Thanks a ton jubear! :)

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I accidentally uploaded a png photo with my pgwp application instead of JPEG. Will this affect my application?

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
Hello guys,
I need help. I am going through the similar issues of delay in restoration of Post graduate work permit cases. I graduated in March 21st, 2015 from Lambton college from my 2 years of Post graduate diploma and I filed my Postgraduate work permit papers on the 30th of March 2015. I paid $155. I got the reply on 13th July to pay extra $100. I took the action quickly and paid my fees, uploaded the receipt and submitted online. But they didn't send me any reply nor an email of my receipt submission. So I had to call on frequent occasions and ask them about my current process. The operator told me that they have refused my Post graduate work permit because they unable to get my $100 and file the new process under restoration section. I got the written statement on the 15th of September, stating my refusal and reason of refusal. They clearly mentioned that "Apply the restoration within 90 days from the expiry date of your Temporary residence visa." I filled my restoration of Post graduate visa on the 26th of September 2015. The total fees I had to pay was $455, include $155 work permit fees, $100 open work permit fees and $200 restoration fees.
I am in the panic situation and has no idea what is going to happen next. I ask if someone on this forum went through a similar situation like me or in the similar situation like me, please give me some idea about the situation and what may happen.
Thank you.