+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release, Bill C-24

Minister McCallum to Repeal Parts of Bill C-24

February 25, 2016 – Ottawa, ON –Today, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum introduced legislation to amend the Citizenship Act, providing greater flexibility for applicants trying to meet the requirements for citizenship and help immigrants obtain citizenship faster.

"“The Government is keeping its commitment to repeal certain provisions of the Citizenship Act, including those that led to different treatment for dual citizens. Canadian citizens are equal under the law. Whether they were born in Canada or were naturalized in Canada or hold a dual citizenship,”" said Minister McCallum.

Among the changes, the Bill: An Act to Amend the Citizenship Act, would repeal provisions that allow citizenship to be revoked from dual citizens who engage in certain acts against the national interest. All Canadians who commit crimes should face the consequences of their actions through the Canadian justice system.

The Bill also proposes to reduce the time permanent residents must be physically present in Canada before qualifying for citizenship by a full year. Recognizing that immigrants often build an attachment to Canada before becoming permanent residents, the proposed legislation would credit applicants for the time spent in Canada as temporary residents or protected persons.

The age range to meet French or English language requirements and pass a knowledge test to qualify for citizenship, would change to 18-54 from 14-64. The changes support our goal of removing barriers for immigrants to build successful lives in Canada.

See more related links at: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1036039

Exciting times ahead.

Cheers!

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Am11 said:
Anyone here received a PGWP for more than a year after completing one year study in Canada? if yes please reply that will be highly appreciated ... :) :) thanks
only received a 1 year permit. Did you get more than a year?

GGGPPPGPGP

Mar 23, 2015
Here's my story i would like to share!
Me and my spouse are Software Engineers from India with >3 years exp. Looked options to migrate through EE in 2015 Jan from india. Points were not enough at that time even with good ielts. Planned to enter as a student. Wife came in as a student for Sept 2015 for a 1 year course. I applied for visitor visa considering that i had a good travel history, also had a full time job in a good IT firm. Visitor was taking around 5 days and Spouse OPW was 2 months. So took option 1. Applied for OWP inside canada on Oct 18 2015. processing time kept increasing, Christmas break, syria refugee program added to it. Was a constant follower of this forum from the beginning. There is not even a single day i passed without reading posts here. Though i got some inputs about MPs and Flag polling as an option, nothing worked out. (Though MPs tried to push, it took its own course). Had to put down many job offers which came my way. With mixed feelings, I am here sharing my timelines.
Applied - 18th Oct 2015
MPs confirmed its approved - Feb 5th 2016
Approved on CIC profile - 24th Feb 2016.
Waiting for hard copy.

After this prolonged wait and lessons learnt, hoping to make my next PR process a smooth one.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GGGPPPGPGP said:
Here's my story i would like to share!
Me and my spouse are Software Engineers from India with >3 years exp. Looked options to migrate through EE in 2015 Jan from india. Points were not enough at that time even with good ielts. Planned to enter as a student. Wife came in as a student for Sept 2015 for a 1 year course. I applied for visitor visa considering that i had a good travel history, also had a full time job in a good IT firm. Visitor was taking around 5 days and Spouse OPW was 2 months. So took option 1. Applied for OWP inside canada on Oct 18 2015. processing time kept increasing, Christmas break, syria refugee program added to it. Was a constant follower of this forum from the beginning. There is not even a single day i passed without reading posts here. Though i got some inputs about MPs and Flag polling as an option, nothing worked out. (Though MPs tried to push, it took its own course). Had to put down many job offers which came my way. With mixed feelings, I am here sharing my timelines.
Applied - 18th Oct 2015
MPs confirmed its approved - Feb 5th 2016
Approved on CIC profile - 24th Feb 2016.
Waiting for hard copy.

After this prolonged wait and lessons learnt, hoping to make my next PR process a smooth one.
GGGPPPGPGP,

I'm glad you didn't give up on your dreams, nor yourself. Congratulations and hopefully you start working soon.

Cheers!

GGGPPPGPGP

Mar 23, 2015
jubear said:
GGGPPPGPGP,

I'm glad you didn't give up on your dreams, nor yourself. Congratulations and hopefully you start working soon.

Cheers!
Thanks Jubear, I would also want to appreciate for all the inputs you share, suggestions you give and time you spend on this forum. I have seen many people over the past 4 months who are very active every minute and Disapper from the forum after they receive their permits. But I really wanna thank you for keeping this forum active.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
GGGPPPGPGP said:
Thanks Jubear, I would also want to appreciate for all the inputs you share, suggestions you give and time you spend on this forum. I have seen many people over the past 4 months who are very active every minute and Disapper from the forum after they receive their permits. But I really wanna thank you for keeping this forum active.

Yes you say it right I wish I could also disappear after getting work permit. But my permit never comes. Applied 5th Oct. ROFL

Guys who disappeared are lucky.

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
GGGPPPGPGP said:
gggpppgpgp,congratulations. On the "disappearance" of otherwise active contributors, I think it may have to do with the fact that they are now faced with another round of struggle ,which is finding a job that would enhance their future PR applications,which may make them shift attention to other subjects in the forum.But nevertheless, I will recommend a constant reading of this particular site for latest information and knowledge. We should not also forget that only people with appreciable experience can give meaningful pieces of advice as Jubear does often.

rossonero

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Kenny, congrats on your PGWP approval!

Unfortunately, I’m currently in the same situation as you were previously and am in quite a bit of a pinch here. My study permit and visa has expired and my PGWP rejected. I have 90 days for restoration.

My questions are:
Which form/forms did you use for your re-application? IMM5709? IMM5710?
You have to pay $605 (i.e. $200 restoration fee + $155 work permit + $105 open work permit + $150 study permit), but without having to fill the study permit form?
Is an online application possible or must it be via paper application?
Which address must the package be sent to if it’s by paper application?

Is it this address:
Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

I’ll be eternally grateful for your help!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

My online application has been approve, my timeline

Applied: 11th of Nov 2015
Approval: 26th of Feb 2016
Delivery: Pending.

Good luck everyone

oklm12

Feb 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a question about PGWP.
I applied on September and received my work permit(PGWP) on November.

However my PGWP is only valid for six months (I studied for a year) because my passport will expire at the same time.

My question is : How can I reniew my work permit ? And will It stay open?

I'm currently working and have a one year contract, does my employer needs to send any document?

I also have a CSQ and i'm waiting for my AOR.

Thank you for your help, I couldn't get a clear answer about this issue.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hello, I just received email from CIC stating that my application was updated. So immediately logged into my account and I see that it says Approved. When I clicked on "check status and messages" and then it shows that decision hasn't been made yet. And ideas? Is it a positive answer?

I'm a it freaking out because it is my PGWP extension, my current one expired few weeks ago, before that I was trying to flag pole, however it was unsuccessful.

YQ

Sep 15, 2015
Hello. I need some some help regarding TRV that we get after Post Graduate Work Permit. I am currently outside Canada and have post graduate work permit.
Please guide me about following queries.

1) I am currenly in Pakistan and want to apply for TRV and the paper application form asks for proof of financial support. Can I attach bank statements of parents as proof?

2) I will soon be travelling to UAE so If I apply from there, can I use the same proof of financial support like the bank statements of parents whose bank accounts are in Pakistan?

Admin and other members, Please help! I am in a fix.. Or guide me to any appropiate link/ person that can help! Thank you.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Ok, so my application has been approved :)

My timeline:
Applied online November 17
Blank updates Dec 17, Jan 16, Feb 15
Approved February 26
Waiting for delivery now

Total: 101 days

PGWP extension

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
rossonero said:
Hi Kenny, congrats on your PGWP approval!

Unfortunately, I’m currently in the same situation as you were previously and am in quite a bit of a pinch here. My study permit and visa has expired and my PGWP rejected. I have 90 days for restoration.

My questions are:
Which form/forms did you use for your re-application? IMM5709? IMM5710?
You have to pay $605 (i.e. $200 restoration fee + $155 work permit + $105 open work permit + $150 study permit), but without having to fill the study permit form?
Is an online application possible or must it be via paper application?
Which address must the package be sent to if it’s by paper application?

Is it this address:
Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

I’ll be eternally grateful for your help!
rossonero,let me apologise for not replying earlier. I'm sure that you have garnered from the "elders" here that 1+1 may not necessarily be 2 with the CIC all the time. But the take away from the experiences is OPEN YOUR EYES WIDE.Let ne answer your questions from the last.Yes, if you are doing your Work Permit,that is the correct address. Second, online permit us of course permissible. But,if you want the human touch,psychologically speaking,I will recommend paper application for "begging" for reconsideration.
Pay whatever is payable to cover all the bases. If there is no refund, leave that to God.In other words ,pay the $605 and be explicit.

The correct format is 5710.But that is not enough.Write a LETTER OF EXPLANATION detailing your circumstances and why the CIC should reconsider your application. Please,be polite and be concise as possible.

I wish you the best.
Form

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
Finally got my 3 year work permit through flag polling.

I had done two different 1 year post graduate programs (one from humber another from georgebrown) and graduated in December 2015. My study permit is to expire on 30 March 2016. As soon as I graduated, after getting all the documents (transcripts and confirmation of graduation) I applied online for my pgwp in the first week of Jan 2016 and returned to my home country (Pakistan) for vacations. Came back last week and landed at Pearson International. I asked from the immigration if I can apply for my pgwp and how flagpoling works. They told me that they cant process my pgwp as I was coming from outside NORTH AMERICA (continent). Yes CBSA can only process those pgwp if you are coming to Canada from United States only (atleast that was the information that was given to me at Pearson International Airport by the CBSA). I then asked what should I do and they told me that I should go to Niagra Falls Border (Rainbow Bridge) and explained the process of flagpolling. He also noticed that I had already applied online and encouraged me to wait until a decision is to be made but I said i am willing to pay again (255) and he was okay with thay

Went to Rainbow Bridge with my friends yesterday. US officials gave us the white paper ( administrative refusal). I had valid US Visa as well and asked the US officials that I can enter US for 5 mins and then come back as I dont want any issues or refusals. The US officials categorically said that it WOULD NOT have any impact on my future applications or entries to US and there is no need for me to declare anywhere if I have been refused entry to any country while applying for visa's or permits in future. The process took 10 mins. Went to Canadian Side. Told them we are here for our pgwp. Waited for about 3 hrs and finally got our 3 year permits.

Now here come the tricky part. As soon as every one looks three years on the permit they do not focus on the rest of the details of the permit. Thanks to this forum I was aware that you need to keep in consideration few important details.
Employer should be left blank/open/unknown
Employment location should be open or unknown and there should not be written RESTRICTED or RESTRICTIONS on the pgwp.

My work permit had Employment Location as Toronto and Employer as Marketing. I told the officer that I need a new workpermit and dont want it like this. At first she said it does not make a difference and its okay if your employer has any problem tell them to contact us. But I insisted and said respectfully that I want it to be changed now. She then said she can call his supervisor and then I talked with her supervisor and he said it could be done right now and asked me to wait. Apparently her supervisor gave her a hard time because she was processing all the pgwp like this and they had an argument and I could listen to some of there conversation in the waiting area. After 5 mins she called me, (was not looking happy at all) and gave me a new work permit this time a correct one and same happened with my friend as well.

We got our 3 year work permits through two one year post graduate certificates from different colleges. Thanks to all the active members and I would advise those who dont want to wait to go for flagpolling. Believe me I had the same doubts as you guys might have but it all worked out.

My next question is that how can I withdraw my application online and get my money back that I paid earlier. It would be a bonus for me.

Reactions: pulkitkumar190