+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
bhandariji said:
Finally Application status changed to "Approved"

Application/profile status -> Closed
Review of submitted documents -> No additional documents are needed at this time
Final decision -> This application has been approved

Update my Timeline:
Applied online: October 8, 2016.
Blank updated: Nov 8, Nov 26 ,Dec 8, Jan 8
Checked Approval on: Jan 27th
Total Days : 110-111
Still waiting for the email confirmation tho
Thanks Everyone for help.
I hope everyone get their permit soon.
8) 8)
PGWP Approval E-Mail Confirmation 27th Jan
Mail Delivery 8th Feb (Fredericton, NB)
Applied TRV on 9th Feb
Passport Request on 10th Feb
Passport sent (Ottawa) on 11th Feb
Passport Received with Stamp (Fredericton) on 19th Feb

Total Process Time ( PGWP Application to TRV Stamping) - 8th Oct 2015 - 19th Feb 2016
Have patience and keep your hope alive !

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
Hi guys, my PGWP got approved today! I applied by paper, and here is my timeline:
Received: Nov. 2
Approved: Feb. 22
Here, I clarify something, if you applied by paper, you can just submit either your graduation letter or official transcript. I verified this will agent in CIC. But if you applied online, it's very likely that they will need both documents to process. Finally, thanks for all the help from this forum. Good luck!

Feb 20, 2016
Hi,

I was wondering about what the blank updates indicate. I received a black update about a month after I applied ( It said my application has been updated, but when I logged in there was nothing). However since then I only get the monthly email that says there has been no changes to my application. I am concerned that that's an indication that my request for a PGWP has been declined. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

MsJulesPz

Feb 22, 2016
So relieved that Im not the only one! My husband and I applied in December 2015 (was trying since end of November... another long saga) we were told 120 days (puts us in mid April)
I went to the cic website today - they are at 144 days processing for online - working on aps received on September 20... so that puts us at another 3 months.

our stats:
applied December 16, 2015
0 communication, other than random emails saying that nothing has happened.

it is encouraging to see that it is taking around 3 months to get processed... rather than my 5 that I am estimating.... :eek:

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
MsJulesPz said:
So relieved that Im not the only one! My husband and I applied in December 2015 (was trying since end of November... another long saga) we were told 120 days (puts us in mid April)
I went to the cic website today - they are at 144 days processing for online - working on aps received on September 20... so that puts us at another 3 months.

our stats:
applied December 16, 2015
0 communication, other than random emails saying that nothing has happened.

it is encouraging to see that it is taking around 3 months to get processed... rather than my 5 that I am estimating.... :eek:
Please let it be true... I've been bugged by the thought of potentially not getting WP in time for 2 weeks and I already feel like I'm depressed.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnh said:
I accidentally uploaded a png photo with my pgwp application instead of JPEG. Will this affect my application?
Tnh,

Don't sweat it. IRCC (Formerly CIC) prefers JPEG or JPEG2000 formats partly because they take less space on the system and computers. Like I mentioned before, in future consider those little details. However, you will be fine for now.

Cheers!

MsJulesPz

Feb 22, 2016
hejsamuel said:
Please let it be true... I've been bugged by the thought of potentially not getting WP in time for 2 weeks and I already feel like I'm depressed.
as long you have applied by the the expiry date, you should be fine. because then you are in implied status. you just cant leave the country, until your permit is approved. if you do, you risk loosing your ability to work; and will have to come in as a visitor, at which point you may have to prove you can support yourself while you are here.

Im keeping my fingers crossed.

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Fellow members,after a battle that started in June 2015,I can happily report that the battle for my PGWP is over.Hereunder is my tineline:
1.FIRST APPLICATION FOR PGWP...JUNE 2ND 2015.
2.APPLICATION REFUSED ...DECEMBER 14TH 2015. (BECAUSE PASSPORT GOT EXPIRED WHILE APPLICATION WAS UNDER PROCESSING )
3.WITH THE HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT OF FRIENDS LIKE JUBEAR ,I WAS ABLE TO GATHER MYSELF TOGETHER TO MAKE AN APPLICATION BY PAPER FOR RESTORATION /PGWP ON DECEMBER 21ST.I PAID $605 BECAUSE I APPLIED FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING A NEW STUDY PERMIT BUT DIDN'T FILL ANY FORM FOR IT.I ALSO INCLUDED A STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BUT POLITE LETTER OF EXPLANATION AS SUGGESTED BY JUBEAR.
4.ON JANUARY 10TH 2016,I GOT A REQUEST THAT I SHOULD UPLOAD A COPY OF MY NEW PASSPORT EVEN THOUGH I DID SUBMIT SAME WITH MY PAPER APPLICATION WHICH THEY REFERRED TO .THEY ALSO WENT BACK TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN JUNE 2015.
5.BUT THE STORY GOT INTERESTING FROM THERE. I UPLOADED THE DOCUMENT BUT COULD NOT SUBMIT BECAUSE THE PAGE FOR SUBMISSION DID NOT UPLOAD.THE DEADLINE WAS 17TH JANUARY AND UP TILL THAT DATE THE PAGE DID NOT COME OUT UNTIL THE DAY AFTER THE DEADLINE-18TH .BUT I TOOK MANY STEPS TO COVER ALL THE BASES :
FIRST,I SENT THE DOCUMENT THROUGH ALL POSSIBLE ROUTES WITH AN EXPLANATION OF MY PREDICAMENT.BUT MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, I WENT TO MY MP'S OFFICE TO COMPLAIN. THE OFFICE WAS WONDERFUL TO CONTACT CIC AND THE PERSON THEY SPOKE TO PROMISED TO ATTACH MY DOCUMENT WHICH THEY GOT THROUGH CSE TO MY APPLICATION.
ON.22ND FEBRUARY MY STATUS CHANGED TO APPROVED
THE LESSONS FROM MY SAGA ARE:
FIRST,CHECK,DOUBLE CHECK AND TRIPLE CHECK ALL DOCUMENTS.
SECOND,CHECK REGULARLY A FORUM LIKE THIS WHERE YOU CAN LEARN NEW THINGS AND YOU CAN GET GOOD AND EXPERIENCED PEOPLE THAT CAN SUGGEST SOLUTIONS TO YOUR PROBLEMS.
THIRD,KNOW THE WAY TO YOUR MP's OFFICE.

THANKS TO JUBEAR AND CO AND I WISH THOSE EXPECTING SOMETHING FROM CIC,POSITIVE RESULTS.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
kennykay said:
Fellow members,after a battle that started in June 2015,I can happily report that the battle for my PGWP is over.Hereunder is my tineline:
1.FIRST APPLICATION FOR PGWP...JUNE 2ND 2015.
2.APPLICATION REFUSED ...DECEMBER 14TH 2015. (BECAUSE PASSPORT GOT EXPIRED WHILE APPLICATION WAS UNDER PROCESSING )
3.WITH THE HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT OF FRIENDS LIKE JUBEAR ,I WAS ABLE TO GATHER MYSELF TOGETHER TO MAKE AN APPLICATION BY PAPER FOR RESTORATION /PGWP ON DECEMBER 21ST.I PAID $605 BECAUSE I APPLIED FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING A NEW STUDY PERMIT BUT DIDN'T FILL ANY FORM FOR IT.I ALSO INCLUDED A STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BUT POLITE LETTER OF EXPLANATION AS SUGGESTED BY JUBEAR.
4.ON JANUARY 10TH 2016,I GOT A REQUEST THAT I SHOULD UPLOAD A COPY OF MY NEW PASSPORT EVEN THOUGH I DID SUBMIT SAME WITH MY PAPER APPLICATION WHICH THEY REFERRED TO .THEY ALSO WENT BACK TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN JUNE 2015.
5.BUT THE STORY GOT INTERESTING FROM THERE. I UPLOADED THE DOCUMENT BUT COULD NOT SUBMIT BECAUSE THE PAGE FOR SUBMISSION DID NOT UPLOAD.THE DEADLINE WAS 17TH JANUARY AND UP TILL THAT DATE THE PAGE DID NOT COME OUT UNTIL THE DAY AFTER THE DEADLINE-18TH .BUT I TOOK MANY STEPS TO COVER ALL THE BASES :
FIRST,I SENT THE DOCUMENT THROUGH ALL POSSIBLE ROUTES WITH AN EXPLANATION OF MY PREDICAMENT.BUT MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, I WENT TO MY MP'S OFFICE TO COMPLAIN. THE OFFICE WAS WONDERFUL TO CONTACT CIC AND THE PERSON THEY SPOKE TO PROMISED TO ATTACH MY DOCUMENT WHICH THEY GOT THROUGH CSE TO MY APPLICATION.
ON.22ND FEBRUARY MY STATUS CHANGED TO APPROVED
THE LESSONS FROM MY SAGA ARE:
FIRST,CHECK,DOUBLE CHECK AND TRIPLE CHECK ALL DOCUMENTS.
SECOND,CHECK REGULARLY A FORUM LIKE THIS WHERE YOU CAN LEARN NEW THINGS AND YOU CAN GET GOOD AND EXPERIENCED PEOPLE THAT CAN SUGGEST SOLUTIONS TO YOUR PROBLEMS.
THIRD,KNOW THE WAY TO YOUR MP's OFFICE.

THANKS TO JUBEAR AND CO AND I WISH THOSE EXPECTING SOMETHING FROM CIC,POSITIVE RESULTS.

yaaaaaaay! :) :):) so happy this has ended well for you! let the celebration begin! congrats

dccarter

Feb 23, 2016
Hi all.

This is my first post to the forum but it has been really helpful and I thought I should share my PWGP story/timeline

Applied : 3 September 2015,
Blank Update: 11 November 2015

I contacted CIC via phone 26 January 2016. The lady on the other end told me the application is being processed and I should hear back from CIC within a week.

Contacted MP's office 02-Feb-2016. CIC told MP's office that they haven't received the payment yet because the money goes onto a pool (Didn't believe this one) and should wait till 18 February 2015. Nothing changed until the set date.
MP contacted CIC on 18-Feb-2016. CIC tell MP they will make inquiry, should wait 2 more weeks for their call.

Today 23-Feb-2016 Received a notification saying my payment was refunded on 13-Nov-2015 and I should make a new payment before 1-March-2016.

So I made the payment and submitted the new receipt. Hopefully I will be hearing from CIC/MP's office soon. Original I had paid using a prepaid Visa, now my house is a mess coz I trying to find that $255 refund :(

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Applied online for pgwp on Nov 6, 2015.
Black updates Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb.

I just went online and saw that my application was closed and approved.

No email confirmation yet so will update wen I get it.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congratulations to those whose PGWP applications have been approved. Kennykay, I'm glad things finally worked out after waiting for a long time.

For those who wish to apply for your TRV after you've received your PGWP document, please see page 227 of the forum for more details.

Cheers and good luck with your job hunting!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone here received a PGWP for more than a year after completing one year study in Canada? if yes please reply that will be highly appreciated ... :) :) thanks

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Am11 said:
Anyone here received a PGWP for more than a year after completing one year study in Canada? if yes please reply that will be highly appreciated ... :) :) thanks

A lot of my friends have. They did Masters from Ontario.