+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
65
0
numair728 said:
very very congratulations !!!!
you are lucky ;D ;D ;D
sounds like you applied online for extension. is this post graduation work permit. every body here is saying that we can not apply online for pgwp extension. how come?? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks.

Yes, I applied online for a PGWP Extension.

PGWP Extension can be done online. The only difference between online and paper is that paper processing time is faster.
 

lkf0217

Newbie
Feb 13, 2016
1
0
Hi, Jubear:

I need you help. I submitted my application on Aug 14th, but until now I receive nothing info for PGWP. I gave CIC many calls but not work. My study permit have been expired. the visa is also expired. I am going to go back my country soon because of some reason. Can I apply for TRV without PGWP since my student visa is expired ? is there somebody who has the same experience to share?
 

AABH

Hero Member
Sep 8, 2013
450
29
I have a different case , my study permit still valid to 2018 but TRV is expired and I applied for PGWP.

So can I apply for TRV without PGWP since my student visa is still valid ?
 

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
95
3
U-gal said:
Thanks.

Yes, I applied online for a PGWP Extension.

PGWP Extension can be done online. The only difference between online and paper is that paper processing time is faster.
please check your inbox.
thank you
 

stefanxn

Full Member
Jan 28, 2016
26
16
jubear said:
Stefanxn,


Think of this as a letter of explanation. Explain your status in Canada (postgraduate work permit holder) stating that a PGWP is an "open" permit and not employer specific and as such are exempt from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) within the International Mobility Program, in addition to not being required to have a job offer.

You should also speak to someone in person from the VFS office in China to confirm.

Cheers!
Thank you so much for your help, Jubear!
 

leelag

Newbie
Feb 2, 2016
1
0
Hello Friend ,

I got 3 years work permit.

I applied PGW on : 25th Oct 2015
Approved on : 14th Feb 2016

total number of days around : 110

Note : First you may get Email regarding updates , On MY CIC dashboard it will show as it is (Submitted). After few hours it will show Updated . Then after few hours Approved. On next day it may show Final decision Approved and message with Number of years written.
 

jubear

Hero Member
May 1, 2015
573
71
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members and Followers,

Here are a few updates for you:

1) Canadian Bar Association Raises Client Concerns with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. For more info, please go to;
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/canadian-bar-association-raises-client-concerns-immigration-refugees-citizenship-canada-027249.html


I'm sure some of you are already aware of number 2.

2) Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Rebrands as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/citizenship-immigration-canada-cic-rebrands-immigration-refugees-citizenship-canada-ircc-027245.html


3) QSWP to reopen this summer. So ready yourselves.
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/quebec-skilled-worker-program-immigration-canada-reopen-summer-027234.html

Cheers!
 

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
102
8
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, do you mind sharing your timeline please ?
 

kennykay

Full Member
Nov 23, 2015
26
0
jubear said:
Hello Members and Followers,

Here are a few updates for you:

1) Canadian Bar Association Raises Client Concerns with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. For more info, please go to;
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/canadian-bar-association-raises-client-concerns-immigration-refugees-citizenship-canada-027249.html


I'm sure some of you are already aware of number 2.

2) Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Rebrands as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/citizenship-immigration-canada-cic-rebrands-immigration-refugees-citizenship-canada-ircc-027245.html


3) QSWP to reopen this summer. So ready yourselves.
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/quebec-skilled-worker-program-immigration-canada-reopen-summer-027234.html

Cheers!Jubear and friends, I will reserve my comments on the way this forum has/d been helpful until my situation has been resolved. But a preliminary observation. I believe that this forum and any forum at all,is conceived to help those who are in need (agony),but I have observed that people who are supposed to be "heroes " just give an "understand or go to hell" replies to many "cries for help".Anyway, I will expatriate soon .But to Jubear, my respect

For the benefit of the house this is the time line of the struggle that is ongoing;

FIRST APPLICATION FOR PGWP. ..2ND JUNE 2015

REFUSAL LETTER. .DECEMBER 14 2015
RESTORATION /PGWP APPLICATION. ..DECEMBER 21ST 2015.
RECEIPT OF LETTER FROM CIC (VIRTUALLY BASED ON THE JUNE APPLICATION. . ASKING FOR A DOCUMENT. ..DECEMBER 10TH 2016 TO BE SUBMITTED DECEMBER 17TH.

THE PROBLEM? FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK I COULDN'T SUBMIT THE DOCUMENT BECAUSE THE PORTAL FOR SUBMISSION HAD GONE MISSING!!!

So, how do you go solving a problem you didn't cause? With help from friends like Jubear and others, I made sure I sent mails and documents to all CIC sites and then went to my MP'S Office. I was lucky to be attended to despite no prior appointment .The MP'S office there and then called the CIC (not our normal number )and she was told that they would attach my document to my application. Whatever happens next ,I will brief the forum. 7
 

ayaz94

Hero Member
Jan 1, 2013
222
37
lkf0217 said:
Hi, Jubear:

I need you help. I submitted my application on Aug 14th, but until now I receive nothing info for PGWP. I gave CIC many calls but not work. My study permit have been expired. the visa is also expired. I am going to go back my country soon because of some reason. Can I apply for TRV without PGWP since my student visa is expired ? is there somebody who has the same experience to share?
As per my knowledge, you cannot apply for TRV without having your PGWP (because you need to send a copy of it for TRV) . However, you can leave Canada but in this case you will loose your implied status. So, you have to apply for TRV from your home country after receiving your PGWP.

I hope you applied for PGWP before your study permit and visa expired. :)