+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
faisalfahmad said:
Hi Fraya how do you get to know if your file is in opened and under processing if you apply by paper? I also applied by paper
Hi there, I called CIC and the agent told me that my application is under processing!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
deep kumar said:
applied - 9 july 2015
conatcted MP - 2 February 2016
Got approval - 4 February 2016

just want to tell you guys if somebody is still waiting from 3-4 months then you should definitely contact your MP.
they are really helpful.
Deep how did you contact the MP? Was that in person or via email or phone? What documents you provide to your communication?

ru554611

Dec 23, 2015
Wooohoo!!!
My final timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: Oct 5
Approved: Jan 21
Mail Delivery (Toronto): Jan 27

TRV:
Applied: Jan 27
Passport Request: Jan 29 (Friday) — sent the same day and reached Ottawa on Monday, Feb 1st
Approved: Feb 3
Delivery: Feb 5

Good luck guys!

deep kumar

Jan 22, 2016
parvisingh said:
Deep how did you contact the MP? Was that in person or via email or phone? What documents you provide to your communication?
i just called the on phone number they had on their website.then they told me to email my all the details to them
thats it after one day i got my approval for PGWP

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi jubear,

How are you? I need some more of your help/advice if you don't mind (last one I promise).

As you know, I graduated in April last year as an intl student from Ontario, left for India in September after waiting 4 months for work permit because I had to attend a family wedding, finally got my PGWP mailed to my friend in Toronto in October that she got to India in December (yeah, took a risk doing that), and now I have to just renew my TRV. I have to apply to the Canadian VFS office in my city here. In the form "Application for Visitor Visa made outside Canada", it's asking:

a) Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada: for which I have entered end date of my work permit (Oct, 2018). Correct?
Correct

b) Funds available for my stay: What do I show here? My local bank account in Canada? Or the one in India? And how much CAD is sufficient you think?
c) How do I show them 'proof of funds'? I can print Canadian bank statements from the bank's website but they won't have sign/stamp/seal.
- Bank statement, payment slips, etc
- Find a Notary Public to certify them in case there is any issue.

d) Current country of residence: Should I write "Canada" or "India" here? During PGWP application, I had selected "Canada" but right now, I'm in India. But then again, I'm technically only "visiting" India. Right?
- India; Status: Citizen

Previous countries of residence - check Yes: <---------------------------In Chronological order
- Canada; Status: Worker (add from and to dates)
- Canada; Status: Student (add from and to dates)

Country where applying - Same as country of residence? - check Yes

e) Residential address: Again, same doubt? I put my Indian address in 'current mailing address' but what to put in 'residential address' below that?
Residential address - Same as mailing address? - check Yes
f) What happens if they see my passport stamp that I left Canada in September but PGWP was issued in October, so howcome I have it with me? Do you think they will notice that or can reject my TRV because of that?
Request your highly valuable opinion on these.
You have the right to leave Canada while waiting for a decision. Please do not stress yourself with that.

Cheers and good luck!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks a lot jubear. Just a few clarifications.

jubear said:
Correct
- Bank statement, payment receipts, etc
- Find a Notary Public to certify them in case there is any issue.
- India; Status: Citizen

I actually called up my banks in Canada, and convinced one of them to mail me the stamped original bank statements. How much funds do you think I should show at a minimum though?

Previous countries of residence - check Yes: <---------------------------In Chronological order
- Canada; Status: Worker (add from and to dates)
- Canada; Status: Student (add from and to dates)

I had already left Canada when I got worker status in October. So I'll only have to fill it for "student". But I'm confused about start/end dates for student. Should I write start/end dates on my study permit OR the dates I entered and left Canada? I assume it should be the latter because it's talking of "residence". But then the problem is that my study permit had expired on 31 Aug and I was in Canada on implied status from 31 Aug to Sep 29, 2015 when I left for India. So if I write end date as Sep 29, it's not really correct as I wasn't a "student" during that period. Also, it may bring their attention to the fact that I left before I got my PGWP. So they'll start wondering how do I have the PGWP in my hands now? Because CIC told me someone else CANNOT carry/courier me the PGWP like that.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Thanks a lot jubear. Just a few clarifications.

I had already left Canada when I got worker status in October. So I'll only have to fill it for "student". But I'm confused about start/end dates for student. Should I write start/end dates on my study permit OR the dates I entered and left Canada? I assume it should be the latter because it's talking of "residence". But then the problem is that my study permit had expired on 31 Aug and I was in Canada on implied status from 31 Aug to Sep 29, 2015 when I left for India. So if I write end date as Sep 29, it's not really correct as I wasn't a "student" during that period. Also, it may bring their attention to the fact that I left before I got my PGWP. So they'll start wondering how do I have the PGWP in my hands now? Because CIC told me someone else CANNOT carry/courier me the PGWP like that.
If I was in your situation, this is what I would do:

a) Option 1

- Canada; Status: Worker (add from and to dates).
- Canada; Status: Other; Other: Student and Implied Status (add from and to dates <--- the day before your PGWP was issued).

Here is why? The implied status lasts until CIC decides on your new permit application.

b) Option 2

If you feel uncomfortable or worried, then in addition to option 1 above, include a letter of explanation that explains your situation. Note that the letter might either complicate the situation or make it clearer and logical for the VO to issue you a TRV.

c) Option 3

Speak to someone in person at the Canadian VFS Office in India. Explain your situation clearly and precisely.

Cheers!

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
faisalfahmad said:
Hi Fraya - I believe all the applications are considered under processing once they reach CIC. I don't know if CIC agent meant that your profile is being worked on or the agent simply said under processing because it is in CIC's office. Someone with more experience on the form will be in better position to interpret it.
Hi, I think what they mean is that my application is under worked, because they told me that currently CIC does not request any additional documents from me and my address has been changed correctly.

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Can anyone help, I have applied for my TRV since January15, 2016 and no passport request yet. Any number I can called this will be appreciated

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
Can anyone help, I have applied for my TRV since January15, 2016 and no passport request yet. Any number I can called this will be appreciated
Omolola,

1 (888) 242-2100

Once the machine starts its prerecorded info, dial 3, 2, 1, 0 to skip it and get in queue.

Cheers!

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
thanks For you help. the agent told me my ViSA as been approved but i told i did not get any passport request. then he put me on hold and later told me he did not understand why my applicated is been sent to ghana not ottawa. that i should do a special case enquiry because embassy in accra are waiting for me to summit my passport and i did not get any passport request. Has anyone been in such a situation. CIC are messed up this days.

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
Guys, I know maybe only a few of you are still in this forum, but I'm gonna post my timeline.

Application submitted: Sep. 9th
Blank Updates: Once a month
Contact MP: Feb. 6th
Got Confirmation Email: Feb. 9th
Mail Delivery: Pending

Glad to find this forum and get to know there are so many of you!

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
Thank you Jesus! this is a miracle, my wait is finally over!
Received my work permit in the mail today :)
This is a miracle and am truly overjoyed

My timeline:
May 4: applied for PGWP after completing studies April 30 (online)
Sept 4: refused cos of missing $100 fee
Sept 11: applied for restoration + PGWP (paper)
Feb 10: received work permit in the mail (was issued 3 Feb)

I wish success for everyone still waiting. Thanks to all who provided guidance and support. do keep up the good work!