+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
ujont said:
Thank you Jesus! this is a miracle, my wait is finally over!
Received my work permit in the mail today :)
This is a miracle and am truly overjoyed

My timeline:
May 4: applied for PGWP after completing studies April 30 (online)
Sept 4: refused cos of missing $100 fee
Sept 11: applied for restoration + PGWP (paper)
Feb 10: received work permit in the mail (was issued 3 Feb)

I wish success for everyone still waiting. Thanks to all who provided guidance and support. do keep up the good work!
Congrats, so happy for you

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
stefanxn said:
Guys, I know maybe only a few of you are still in this forum, but I'm gonna post my timeline.

Application submitted: Sep. 9th
Blank Updates: Once a month
Contact MP: Feb. 6th
Got Confirmation Email: Feb. 9th
Mail Delivery: Pending

Glad to find this forum and get to know there are so many of you!
Congrats, happy for you

becky2635

Nov 19, 2015
Just wanted to share my timeline for anyone still waiting:

Applied (by mail): October 6, 2015
Approved: January 30, 2016
Mail delivery: February 8, 2016

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
ujont said:
Thank you Jesus! this is a miracle, my wait is finally over!
Received my work permit in the mail today :)
This is a miracle and am truly overjoyed

My timeline:
May 4: applied for PGWP after completing studies April 30 (online)
Sept 4: refused cos of missing $100 fee
Sept 11: applied for restoration + PGWP (paper)
Feb 10: received work permit in the mail (was issued 3 Feb)

I wish success for everyone still waiting. Thanks to all who provided guidance and support. do keep up the good work!
Congratulation to who received the work permit,
where you guys are located? Because I'm in Vancouver but I'm still waiting to receive the actual visa and they told me that was shipped more then week ago
Do they use registered mail?

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
NDUFB11 said:
Congratulation to who received the work permit,
where you guys are located? Because I'm in Vancouver but I'm still waiting to receive the actual visa and they told me that was shipped more then week ago
Do they use registered mail?
no its regular mail, am in ontario

mahi0204

Jan 11, 2016
Finally my application is approved.
Applied: September 23rd
Approved: February 9th
I studied two separate 1 year programs but gladly i got 3 years permit. Finally i can keep my job with no issues.

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
I just checked my cic account and found that it was updated, so I clicked on it.

Closed and approved but no email notification yet or In Canada Approval Letter in my message.
The front-page status also has approved on it.

My Timeline:
PGWP Extension (Initial permit was set to passport expiry)
Application Date: September 16, 2015
Approval Date: February 10 or 11, 2016

Will keep you posted. Good luck to everyone.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
U-gal said:
I just checked my cic account and found that it was updated, so I clicked on it.

Closed and approved but no email notification yet or In Canada Approval Letter in my message.
The front-page status also has approved on it.

My Timeline:
PGWP Extension (Initial permit was set to passport expiry)
Application Date: September 16, 2015
Approval Date: February 10 or 11, 2016

Will keep you posted. Good luck to everyone.
very very congratulations !!!!
you are lucky ;D ;D ;D
sounds like you applied online for extension. is this post graduation work permit. every body here is saying that we can not apply online for pgwp extension. how come?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
numair728 said:
very very congratulations !!!!
you are lucky ;D ;D ;D
sounds like you applied online for extension. is this post graduation work permit. every body here is saying that we can not apply online for pgwp extension. how come?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can apply online, by paper or even try flagpolling. Jubear has mentioned these options countless times on this amazing forum. But how you approach or go about each application option is what matters. After that, the rest is a waiting game of patience and keeping yourself busy with other things.

Congrats to those who received their approvals.

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
mahi0204 said:
Finally my application is approved.
Applied: September 23rd
Approved: February 9th
I studied two separate 1 year programs but gladly i got 3 years permit. Finally i can keep my job with no issues.
Hello everyone,I need help with this technical issue.CIC has asked me to send a document. I have uploaded it but am stuck when it gets to submission. I am supposed to digitally sign but I can't because the page is not showing where to sign.Have sent am email to report the issue and the Agents can't help.Any advice ?

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Awesome7 said:
You can apply online, by paper or even try flagpolling. Jubear has mentioned these options countless times on this amazing forum. But how you approach or go about each application option is what matters. After that, the rest is a waiting game of patience and keeping yourself busy with other things.

Congrats to those who received their approvals.
Hi,
thank you for your reply. very helpful. though i would disagree with you about online application for pgwp extension.
Jubear told me that we can only apply by paper for PGWP extension. (yes he did also say that flagpolling could also be an option. but again, there is a chance of refusal)

secondly, few people have sent there pgwp extension on paper to unit 202 instead of unit 555. Jubear also mentioned to me that i should send my application for extension to unit 555. cuz i need this PGWP for ANY employer.

thanks once again. i am looking forward to more answers.

thank you :)

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
Hello Guys,

Me again. Another problem popped up when it came to the application for TRV.
I am currently residing in China with a valid PGWP, and I want to apply for TRV in VFS in China.
However, when I checked the supporting document list, it says "you need a job offer from your employer" if you are a "returning worker". I am confused, since PGWP is supposed to be a open work permit, I can enter Canada without a job offer. But why I need to provide a job offer now when applying for TRV?
Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot!!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stefanxn said:
Hello Guys,

Me again. Another problem popped up when it came to the application for TRV.
I am currently residing in China with a valid PGWP, and I want to apply for TRV in VFS in China.
However, when I checked the supporting document list, it says "you need a job offer from your employer" if you are a "returning worker". I am confused, since PGWP is supposed to be a open work permit, I can enter Canada without a job offer. But why I need to provide a job offer now when applying for TRV?
Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot!!
Stefanxn,

TRV package for China (Beijing, Shanghai & Guangzhou), Hong Kong, Korea, Mongolia & Taiwan:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CN#applications

Under VO instructions at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5884E.pdf on page 2, it states;
"PRIOR TRAVEL TO CANADA OR USA (FOR CLIENTS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY OBTAINED A VISA AND HAVE TRAVELLED TO CANADA OR THE USA IN THE PAST 10 YEARS OR WHO ARE IN POSSESSION OF A VALID USA VISA"

- Provide a "Statement explaining your current purpose of travel to Canada with your application"

Think of this as a letter of explanation. Explain your status in Canada (postgraduate work permit holder) stating that a PGWP is an "open" permit and not employer specific and as such are exempt from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) within the International Mobility Program, in addition to not being required to have a job offer.

You should also speak to someone in person from the VFS office in China to confirm.

Cheers!

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
I am just curious, i assume everyone else before september 13 have gotton through and I am the only one before that date who is waiting, please let me know IT WILL REALLY LIFT MY SPIRIT AND GIVE ME SOME HOPE, DO NOT BE LIKE CIC AND NOT RESPONSE

mahi0204

Jan 11, 2016
jahrule said:
I am just curious, i assume everyone else before september 13 have gotton through and I am the only one before that date who is waiting, please let me know IT WILL REALLY LIFT MY SPIRIT AND GIVE ME SOME HOPE, DO NOT BE LIKE CIC AND NOT RESPONSE
are you waiting for pgwp or sowp ?