+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
Finally got the email for my PR interview, it will be next Monday 26th March 2018 in Ottawa

Thank you God for all that you have done, I am and will be forever grateful

Good luck to everyone else still waiting and congratulations to those that have completed everything

Reactions: Lanina and Dimi2015

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
Finally got the email for my PR interview, it will be next Monday 26th March 2018 in Ottawa

Thank you God for all that you have done, I am and will be forever grateful

Good luck to everyone else still waiting and congratulations to those that have completed everything

Had my PR interview today, so I can now officially say it, after 2 years and 8 months I am a Permanent Resident of Canada.

Reactions: Dimi2015

eldeweiss

Jul 7, 2017
Hi everyone. Congrats on the approvals, interview schedules and completed applications.

My dependent did his medical exam on February 8th, result has been received and update om mycic account changed to "you passed medical exam" since February 20th. There has been no update since then. Does anyone know how long to wait to get an update again or should I contact IRCC to know what's going on? Please I'll be glad if someone replies. My timeline so far below:

MAY 18th, 2017: PR/OWP Application sent
May 24th: CIC received application
July 17th: AOR received/ processing commenced
Aug. 3rd: OWP application returned for correction
Aug 9th: OWP application sent back
Nov 29th: OWP received in mail
Jan 18th, 2018: Eligibility letter received
Feb 3rd: dependent medical request
Feb 20th: medical results received/passed

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
hows the interview? what did they ask? can you share pls. thanks!
It was super quick just like going to the bank.
The lady asked for my psssport and photos then checked it with the info on her computer then asked me 3 questions just pertaining to the information I already submitted on my application.
She had me look over my COPR paper that she printed to confirm all the information was correct then we both signed it and she congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident of canada and told me some of the rules regarding being a PR e.g. about travel and told me when the PR card will be mailed to me and then it was all done, didn't even take 15 mins.
I didn't post the questions she asked me because I don't know if I am allowed to but all I can say is that the questions are super easy and it's information that you already submitted on yourapplication they just want to confirm it's the same

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
It was super quick just like going to the bank.
The lady asked for my psssport and photos then checked it with the info on her computer then asked me 3 questions just pertaining to the information I already submitted on my application.
She had me look over my COPR paper that she printed to confirm all the information was correct then we both signed it and she congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident of canada and told me some of the rules regarding being a PR e.g. about travel and told me when the PR card will be mailed to me and then it was all done, didn't even take 15 mins.
I didn't post the questions she asked me because I don't know if I am allowed to but all I can say is that the questions are super easy and it's information that you already submitted on yourapplication they just want to confirm it's the same
Thank you very much Andreah! I really appreciate it. Will have landing interview next month so I'm a bit nervous but excited. I think I'm going to cry once I received my COPR hahaha!

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
My dependents medical was received on Feb. ( 1st week ), then got approval after 6 weeks.
my friends dependents medical was received on Dec. 2017, she got approval after 3 months.

I saw somewhere on CIC website that they try to process/or get results within 3 months after they receive medical. But I guess every case is different. just set to expect a results on May 2018. if it comes early, you might cry just like me! hehehe!

good luck! it'll come don't worry :) I've been there and trust me, once you get the positive results, its the greatest feeling ever! :)

eldeweiss

Jul 7, 2017
My dependents medical was received on Feb. ( 1st week ), then got approval after 6 weeks.
my friends dependents medical was received on Dec. 2017, she got approval after 3 months.

I saw somewhere on CIC website that they try to process/or get results within 3 months after they receive medical. But I guess every case is different. just set to expect a results on May 2018. if it comes early, you might cry just like me! hehehe!

good luck! it'll come don't worry :) I've been there and trust me, once you get the positive results, its the greatest feeling ever! :)
Thank you so much. I am sure I will cry too...lol. All the best with your interview