+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
hi I'm opening this new topic for the LIC who will apply for PR and open work permit this coming new year 2015. though there is still 1month left, just want to know also your preparations. after the changes on the program, is there anyone who will apply for the new pathways even if they are under LICP? is applying for option 2, 3900 hrs for 22 months still a best option.. please share guys.. thanks

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
brit14344 said:
hi I'm opening this new topic for the LIC who will apply for PR and open work permit this coming new year 2015. though there is still 1month left, just want to know also your preparations. after the changes on the program, is there anyone who will apply for the new pathways even if they are under LICP? is applying for option 2, 3900 hrs for 22 months still a best option.. please share guys.. thanks
I will apply the 3900 mid next year so sa ngayon hindi ko pa alam kung ano ang uunahin na asikasuhin, sa mga nababasa ko nbi and police clearance (frm other country you worked before coming to ca). kailan ka magpapasa ng application mo? Godbless

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
gingersnap said:
I will apply the 3900 mid next year so sa ngayon hindi ko pa alam kung ano ang uunahin na asikasuhin, sa mga nababasa ko nbi and police clearance (frm other country you worked before coming to ca). kailan ka magpapasa ng application mo? Godbless
by jan or feb mabubuo ko na yung 3900 hrs pero nag dadalawang isip ako kung mas maganda ba na option 1 nalang ang gamitin. yung nbi ko nakaprocess na, ready to send nalang ng family ko sa pinas. kung mag option 2 ako nakaready narin ang timesheet and payroll ko signature nalang hehe :) pero until now di pa ako decided kung option 1 or 2. :)

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
brit14344 said:
by jan or feb mabubuo ko na yung 3900 hrs pero nag dadalawang isip ako kung mas maganda ba na option 1 nalang ang gamitin. yung nbi ko nakaprocess na, ready to send nalang ng family ko sa pinas. kung mag option 2 ako nakaready narin ang timesheet and payroll ko signature nalang hehe :) pero until now di pa ako decided kung option 1 or 2. :)
ang dami ko kasi naririnig na pareho lang ang waiting time ng option 1 and option 2 kaya option 2 ang gagamitin ko, paano mo ginawa ung timesheet n payroll mo? thanks

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
It would be nice to practice writing English so your post can benefit everyone else who dont speak that language.We appreciate.

Marie1234

Jun 11, 2014
Hi im applying for PR and OWP in march.. Im not done with my police clearance yet. How long does it usually take to process the police clearance in manila? Im worried it wont get back in time for me to submit my papers. My work permit will expire on april 8th. Im applying under option 2 3,900 hours

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
gingersnap said:
ang dami ko kasi naririnig na pareho lang ang waiting time ng option 1 and option 2 kaya option 2 ang gagamitin ko, paano mo ginawa ung timesheet n payroll mo? thanks
Hi! how things been going on your application, did you submit your application for owp and pr? ;)

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Marie1234 said:
Hi im applying for PR and OWP in march.. Im not done with my police clearance yet. How long does it usually take to process the police clearance in manila? Im worried it wont get back in time for me to submit my papers. My work permit will expire on april 8th. Im applying under option 2 3,900 hours
Hi! i think it would take few weeks. didn't you extend your work permit before submitting your owp and pr application? if u ask my opinion better extend your wp since you only have few weeks left before your wp expires.

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
To those who going to submit their open work permit and permanent residence application this 2015 it would be nice if we use this thread to share our queries

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I have a question can someone on open work permit can work as caregiver with no prior experience or any course certificate. If yes then what are the requirements because the open work permit is set to expire in sept 2015

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
alijumani said:
I have a question can someone on open work permit can work as caregiver with no prior experience or any course certificate. If yes then what are the requirements because the open work permit is set to expire in sept 2015
If you are on open work permit you can work any occupation you want as long as the employer will hire you even if you don't have experience on being a caregiver.

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Marie1234 said:

It's better to renew your work permit because as of the moment the timeline for open work permit to be release as per other thread is 2-3months. For the police clearance, last December I ask my mom to process it in Manila and it just take a week.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
brit14344 said:
If you are on open work permit you can work any occupation you want as long as the employer will hire you even if you don't have experience on being a caregiver.
the open work permit is expiring this sept and being said as have a job offer when the applicant can apply for LMIA and work permit as caregiver. Because in order to apply as caregiver work permit applicant should have at least one year of work experience is it true?

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any 2015 applicants here? I'm planning to apply next week using option 2. Seems like cic is already slow in processing for 2014. I hope not. :)

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Im planning to pass my PR & OWP application tomorrow. I've completed all the documents except for the T4. I only have one T4- yr 2013 which was given to me febuary 2014. What i dint have is for the yr 2014 - which is suppose to be given end of this month. My question is , will it be okay with just one T4? Thank you