FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Baloo said:
That can happen in any country.
qwerbilzak said:
If a person sees getting a job (based on ones qualifications and hard work) as the same as winning the lottery (a completely random outcome), it would make sense that that person might not do well.
Well said Fellas !

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwerbilzak said:
If a person sees getting a job (based on ones qualifications and hard work) as the same as winning the lottery (a completely random outcome), it would make sense that that person might not do well.
qwerbilzak,

One more time I would have to disagree with you.

It is all a numbers game and as I mentioned this over and over, your qualifications may not be any better than those the person next to you has. Did I say there are many skilled unemployed Canadians having Canadian degrees from Canadian Universities, no accent, no skin color and also having good connections through friends and parents. You want to compete with them? Every single one of you 250,000-500,000 New-Canadian-Immigrant-Harvest-2011 thinks you will compete and get the jobs before those guys do? I may use a few more words but lets just say I laugh at that! I laugh my bitter laugh from inside of Canada at your utopia optimism.

You want more stories, cause what I wrote still does not sound right?

I took my daughter to Emergency today. The parking at the Hospital is paid. I asked how long the procedure would take. They said 30-min-1hr, so I paid for an hour. Once we were admitted it took 2 hours of waiting. There was a $50 parking ticket on my windshield right in front of Emergency care.
You want to tell me they were right; after I wasted 2-3 hours of my time in waiting, the doctors and nurses got paid their exorbitant salaries for this time, my daughter was hurt, and on top of that I had to pay $50 to a bunch of crooks?

If you wish to post more replies please read my posts first. I write from experience and many of you write based on what you think and what you believe.

The Ocean is just too deep and too big to swim across, no matter what your resolutions and strengths might be; but then, yeah, there are going to be lottery winners, short term ones. In the longs run, there will be even fewer of them. Keep in mind that even getting the good job does not mean it is yours to retire there.

P.S. And you can keep on increasing my negative score. A pile of bull*censored word* will still be a pile of bull*censored word*, no matter how you would like to see it.

Skilled Worker Immigrants Faring Well in Canada, New Evaluation Shows
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 25, 2010) - Immigrants selected by the federal government under
Skilled workers who already had a job offer when they applied for permanent residence fared best of all, earning on average $79,200 three years after arriving in Canada. The findings also revealed that skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria were less likely to rely on employment insurance or social assistance. [/quote]

qwerbilzak, the above quote is exactly the type of bull*** Immigration Canada is so capable of generating. They make their money off you (or off "them", cause I am not sure who or what you might be)
We've seen it all - searches of weapons of mass destruction, liberation, anti-terrorism campaigns, immigration...whatever, It takes a real fool to believe the media today.

jonEthan

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-10
Doc's Request.
5-Oct-10
AOR Received.
16-Mar-11
Med's Request
16-Oct-12
info-gc said:
I took my daughter to Emergency today. The parking at the Hospital is paid. I asked how long the procedure would take. They said 30-min-1hr, so I paid for an hour. Once we were admitted it took 2 hours of waiting. There was a $50 parking ticket on my windshield right in front of Emergency care.
You want to tell me they were right; after I wasted 2-3 hours of my time in waiting, the doctors and nurses got paid their exorbitant salaries for this time, my daughter was hurt, and on top of that I had to pay $50 to a bunch of crooks?

I haven't had the chance to read the entire thread yet.. only the first 5 pages and this last one. But I just can't help but react on this post. You are complaining about parking? Seriously, you blame canada for having to pay for a parking fine? How would it be in your native country? Will they just let you park in front of the Emergency for 3hours free? That seems inconsiderate of you..

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info-gc said:
qwerbilzak,

It is all a numbers game and as I mentioned this over and over, your qualifications may not be any better than those the person next to you has. Did I say there are many skilled unemployed Canadians having Canadian degrees from Canadian Universities, no accent, no skin color and also having good connections through friends and parents. You want to compete with them? Every single one of you 250,000-500,000 New-Canadian-Immigrant-Harvest-2011 thinks you will compete and get the jobs before those guys do? I may use a few more words but lets just say I laugh at that! I laugh my bitter laugh from inside of Canada at your utopia optimism.

If you wish to post more replies please read my posts first. I write from experience and many of you write based on what you think and what you believe.

The Ocean is just too deep and too big to swim across, no matter what your resolutions and strengths might be; but then, yeah, there are going to be lottery winners, short term ones. In the longs run, there will be even fewer of them. Keep in mind that even getting the good job does not mean it is yours to retire there.

P.S. And you can keep on increasing my negative score. A pile of bull*censored word* will still be a pile of bull*censored word*, no matter how you would like to see it.

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 25, 2010) - Immigrants selected by the federal government under
Skilled workers who already had a job offer when they applied for permanent residence fared best of all, earning on average $79,200 three years after arriving in Canada. The findings also revealed that skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria were less likely to rely on employment insurance or social assistance.

qwerbilzak, the above quote is exactly the type of bull*** Immigration Canada is so capable of generating. They make their money off you (or off "them", cause I am not sure who or what you might be)
We've seen it all - searches of weapons of mass destruction, liberation, anti-terrorism campaigns, immigration...whatever, It takes a real fool to believe the media today.

Perhaps they lack hard work, which Asian people have and that is the main reason for their failure even after getting degrees from Canada. No degree works in anywhere in the world if one does not have confidence and hardwork. You see many people from India have done well even without any degrees from even India and they are have 2-3 houses in Canada. Why? Just think it over. Canadian people are lazy and do not want to do hard work. Since their childhood they have the habit of having everything in hand, whereas people from Asian countries have to struggle a lot for day to day matters.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
i am sorry guys but can we stop this thread? i am respecting both sides here but i just don't feel that it is giving any benefit at all..yes we see both sides, positives and negatives..but seriously, ask your self..if you are hoping for success in canada and someone told you that canada was just a nightmare for him, would you stop dreaming?exactly...ofcourse not. We have to try and hope for our story to be a good one. By this thread, we are just letting the bad vibes, fears and other negative things come to our mind instead of thinking and attracting positive ideas. We all have our views mate..to info-gc, its not the end of the world...you are still standing on the ground...but anyway, thanks for your info but i don't think its giving any help at all.. :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This is not just Canada, the UK was doing this years ago.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Baloo said:
This is not just Canada, the UK was doing this years ago.

Speak to ED Social Worker tohelp cancel the fine. I do that- waiver for my pts here in Australia...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:
i am sorry guys but can we stop this thread? i am respecting both sides here but i just don't feel that it is giving any benefit at all..yes we see both sides, positives and negatives..but seriously, ask your self..if you are hoping for success in canada and someone told you that canada was just a nightmare for him, would you stop dreaming?exactly...ofcourse not. We have to try and hope for our story to be a good one. By this thread, we are just letting the bad vibes, fears and other negative things come to our mind instead of thinking and attracting positive ideas. We all have our views mate..to info-gc, its not the end of the world...you are still standing on the ground...but anyway, thanks for your info but i don't think its giving any help at all.. :)
Very well said, buddy.

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
Thism is simply misleading us..No good friend

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
info-gc said:
qwerbilzak,

It is all a numbers game and as I mentioned this over and over, your qualifications may not be any better than those the person next to you has. Did I say there are many skilled unemployed Canadians having Canadian degrees from Canadian Universities, no accent, no skin color and also having good connections through friends and parents. You want to compete with them?

Of course not, but I have to, whatever my skin color, whatever my nationality. Welcome to capitalism.

Every single one of you 250,000-500,000 New-Canadian-Immigrant-Harvest-2011 thinks you will compete and get the jobs before those guys do?

Did anyone say that?

I may use a few more words but lets just say I laugh at that! I laugh my bitter laugh from inside of Canada at your utopia optimism.

"Utopia optimism"? No one ever called it utopia. I'm just saying that complaining all the time like you do doesn't get one very far. And that those who work hard will do a lot better than those who sit around and complain. I'm certainly not saying it will all be roses for them or anyone for that matter. There are plenty of unemployed native Canadians too. But I am saying having nothing but pessimism about everything like you do isn't helpful.

I see. You park in violation of the law and get parking ticket, and somehow they're a "bunch of crooks". Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

The Ocean is just too deep and too big to swim across,

Well, here I think we can agree. :)

no matter what your resolutions and strengths might be; but then, yeah, there are going to be lottery winners, short term ones. In the longs run, there will be even fewer of them. Keep in mind that even getting the good job does not mean it is yours to retire there.

Skilled workers who already had a job offer when they applied for permanent residence fared best of all, earning on average $79,200 three years after arriving in Canada. The findings also revealed that skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria were less likely to rely on employment insurance or social assistance.

qwerbilzak, the above quote is exactly the type of bull*** Immigration Canada is so capable of generating.

I see. So just because you don't like something, it must be wrong. Do you have any reliable statistically meaningful information then to refute their claims? (Hint: just complaining about your own life doesn't count)

They make their money off you (or off "them", cause I am not sure who or what you might be)

Lol - Immigration Canada doesn't "make money". It's a branch of the Canadian government, not some kind of private enterprise.

We've seen it all - searches of weapons of mass destruction, liberation, anti-terrorism campaigns, immigration...whatever

info-gc I wish you the best of luck. You're clearly going to need it to overcome your almost fanatic pessimism.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
i am sorry guys but can we stop this thread? i am respecting both sides here but i just don't feel that it is giving any benefit at all..yes we see both sides, positives and negatives..but seriously, ask your self..if you are hoping for success in canada and someone told you that canada was just a nightmare for him, would you stop dreaming?exactly...ofcourse not. We have to try and hope for our story to be a good one. By this thread, we are just letting the bad vibes, fears and other negative things come to our mind instead of thinking and attracting positive ideas. We all have our views mate..to info-gc, its not the end of the world...you are still standing on the ground...but anyway, thanks for your info but i don't think its giving any help at all.. :'(

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
you are just frustrated because of your ticket and daughter's injury.. dont blame canada for this.

If i tell u my story what i have been through i bet all of you will decide to never step out of your home towns. I have been through law suite , police, life threating calls, lawyers and what not when i moved to america 4 year back. And ya i was a single girl of 24 years with no family. Anyways, delt with all that for 2 years and made my way to a decent 5K job and a car :D.

All you have to do is accept the way these countries work and try to behave like them( i mean make your mind set).

I am now ready to make a big move to canada and i know i have to start all over .. but really i am not scared now ... ;D you gotta be stubborn

info-gc said:
qwerbilzak,

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mperei02 said:
Speak to ED Social Worker tohelp cancel the fine. I do that- waiver for my pts here in Australia...
The fine was canceled. Called the company and they asked no further questions after my explanation.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Now I have to deal with an insurance company that sold me a paid insurance over the phone in the form of a "free benefit" and refuse to reimburse the insurance premiums paid. They also refuse to give me a copy of that tape and disclose their street location! Impressive! Welcome to Canada. Everyone will have something to learn.

jonEthan

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-10
Doc's Request.
5-Oct-10
AOR Received.
16-Mar-11
Med's Request
16-Oct-12
info-gc said:
The fine was canceled. Called the company and they asked no further questions after my explanation.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Now I have to deal with an insurance company that sold me a paid insurance over the phone in the form of a "free benefit" and refuse to reimburse the insurance premiums paid. They also refuse to give me a copy of that tape and disclose their street location! Impressive! Welcome to Canada. Everyone will have something to learn.
Info-gc, I think you're misleading everyone. You got scammed, it has nothing to do with Canada. Yes, you are there and the scammer might also be there (who knows, it's over the phone, right?), but this thing happens everywhere. Don't discourage us just because you were dumb enough to fall into that.

Second, when you first mentioned about the parking fine in the hospital emergency, you made it sound like Canada was taking advantage of you. Never did you mention that the fine was cancelled. You're intentionally omitting positive facts just to make a point. That's very malicious.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
jonEthan said:
Info-gc, I think you're misleading everyone. You got scammed, it has nothing to do with Canada. Yes, you are there and the scammer might also be there (who knows, it's over the phone, right?), but this thing happens everywhere. Don't discourage us just because you were dumb enough to fall into that.

Second, when you first mentioned about the parking fine in the hospital emergency, you made it sound like Canada was taking advantage of you. Never did you mention that the fine was cancelled. You're intentionally omitting positive facts just to make a point. That's very malicious.
Well said. Info-gc, why don't you look at positives. If you are that much disappointed with Canada you can immigrate to some other country or return to your native place. People immigrate to Canada because it offers better quality of life. If you can't make it in Canada, probably you can't make it anywhere else. You need to introspect rather than blaming the system and discouraging prospective immigrants.