+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I think info-gc should go back to his country and live there if he don't like Canada. Leave Canada to us we love it. Go back go back.

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rose shrubs have thorns. Do people like them for Rose or hate them for thorn? If one keeps their eyes wide open, and lookout for thorns, you will have the well deserved rose.

To own/achieve anything, one has to prove worthy of it!! -- ALL RELIGIONS in the world definitely says this.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
So so surprised that you wasted 10 years of your good life in canada. Like any other western world, you will either choose to go to that land and belittle yourself by doing survival jobs.
I would rather take 3 years working on my professional progress than to work in factories. Dont get me wrong to work in a sorting company while with your master has to have a reason for doing that.

1. Some people with masters or phd they would work in factory for 1 year or so to raise money to go to university for canadian upgrading credits or equivalense of canadian education or qualification. In the end of credits the university will issue the canadian university qualification looking like you studied in a canadian university. Thats called EQUIVALENCE OF CREDITS EARNED

2. When you arrive in canada there is a funding for Internationally trained immigrants to have a chance to get canadian exp for 4MNTS-1 year. There are always jobs specifically for this people. Someone like me who already have canadian experience I would not qualify only those without canadian experience and are new immigrants. SO WHEN YOU ARRIVE TAKE A NOTE OF THAT OPPORTUNITY. Do not go hunting for wrong jobs.

3. In the year 2008-2010 there were so many people who were laid off the goverment set a fund for them for them to be retrained as second career. My advise is when applying for a training, aas a foreigner always look for a course with C00p at end this will give you a foot in the door after your placement - thats just me.

4. Try to talk to people for advisesome people from your own country will not give you good advise so be careful, they will tell you oh you are foreiner you will not get a job in that orgnisation. I have 5 sisters here we all came as skilled immigrants we said we rather take long and get support to have a better or nicer kind of work. My sister (older) works with the Region of Waterloo as System Administrator, now for 2 years. My younger sister works as a Business Analyst with Manulife finantial, I work with Kitchener Municipality in theas Human Resources Generalist. Not something to brag about but thats how things can be in you meet wrong people to advise you worngly. My younger sister went back to retrain and is working with COMDEV as Programmeer.

Sorry about your pligth but you can still change things if you want to.

My last advise when you arrive dont put yourself in so much debt that will bound you to work or look for survival jobs to pay them. Those are also some of the cut backs that will force you to stay in a job you dont like to keep up with payments.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Anytime you get advise to find a factory job, alway remind yourself, I never went to upgrade to work in factory. With determination you will all make it. So dont get discouraged or take an ear. Once you get a job in factory you will always work there and be contented so take your time to settle, know the culture and get assistance till you reach your goals.

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
God, so much negativity here...

I know people who landed in Canada, struggled hard and made it... some of them big time... I sit next to a few of them at work.
I know (in fact related to) people who emigrated (to NZ in this case) and came back frustrated after all of 6 months.

There are always two sides to the coin. Success is never a guarantee in Canada, NZ or even in your home country. Comes with a lot of effort, lot of belief, lot of persistence and definitely some luck.

To quote a couple of popular quotes..
"Success is like pregnancy... everyone congratulates for it but not many realize how many times you got scr**ed."

"There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose."

God bless!

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
thats is truly true what is happening in canada.
most of newcomers came canda with no idea about the real life here, all just what to land and then the paradise will be outside the airport.
but the fact is not!!
Canadian experince and canadian knowledge will make your qualifications and experince = zero
the jobs like cleaner or security guard will be waiting you!
you may manager in your country but here maybe you will be manage to work as garbage collector or labour in a so far factory
and all people will say you " welcome to canada and give us your money"
the problem that no one will bielive the truth till he came and all before coming will say' no my experince will be better" and don't be negative.
to all who say that ok come to see and prepare your money to be spent here and it is your big chanse to work as security guard or taxi driver or good burger flipper.
welcome to canada again!!!

yolie

Jun 12, 2010
Just look at what Canada is welcoming in as immigrants now: welders, carpenters, plumbers, nurses, caregivers, janitors, cleaners - in other words, all blue-collar workers. A blue-collar worker has more chance of immigrating to Canada than highly educated professionals now.

The title should be changed to "Keep in mind there are almost no decent jobs!"

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
yolie said:
Just look at what Canada is welcoming in as immigrants now: welders, carpenters, plumbers, nurses, caregivers, janitors, cleaners - in other words, all blue-collar workers. A blue-collar worker has more chance of immigrating to Canada than highly educated professionals now.

The title should be changed to "Keep in mind there are almost no decent jobs!"
Yolie,

Just wanna ask what degree have you finished to have the right to call the above professions a non-decent jobs? you don't have the right to belittle these workers...moreover, i don't mind including my profession ( a registered nurse ) along side with the other skilled jobs, but i think its not fair to call nurses a non-highly educated profession or a non- decent job.

lloyd

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
jonEthan said:
Info-gc, I think you're misleading everyone. You got scammed, it has nothing to do with Canada. Yes, you are there and the scammer might also be there (who knows, it's over the phone, right?), but this thing happens everywhere. Don't discourage us just because you were dumb enough to fall into that.

Second, when you first mentioned about the parking fine in the hospital emergency, you made it sound like Canada was taking advantage of you. Never did you mention that the fine was cancelled. You're intentionally omitting positive facts just to make a point. That's very malicious.
Well said jonEthan. The same thing I had mentioned sometimes back that this guy is hell bent on showing negativity through his postings. He is quite selective and only extracting the -ve things from the system.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
malu08 said:
Well said jonEthan. The same thing I had mentioned sometimes back that this guy is hell bent on showing negativity through his postings. He is quite selective and only extracting the -ve things from the system.
Exactly.

What info-gc and many others need to remember is that like it or not, Canada does not let immigrants in to help the immigrants. Canada chooses immigrants to help Canada. So the very premise of the immigration program is that immigrants will step up and contribute and improve the nation as a whole, not that they will stand around like info-gc whining that they're not being given enough. Canada (unlike many countries) provides lots of services and help to new immigrants, but nowhere promises just the right job at just the right salary.

The economy is tough everywhere. Don't blame Canada for that. If you want to blame someone, blame the US and Alan Greenspan.

We were lucky enough to be among the chosen few they allowed in and given a chance. We should be grateful and get to work building our lives, not complain that Canada isn't doing enough for us.

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
qwerbilzak

Keep dreaming until you get landed in Canada and then you will see the reality in your eyes.
but by then remeber what you read here
welcom to canada

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
this is a fruitless argument, each one's case is different. May everyone and anyone try for himself and rely on it for his future.
We should ban whoever started this thread and casued such fruitless argument among us friends.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
canpuneet said:
To quote a couple of popular quotes..
"Success is like pregnancy... everyone congratulates for it but not many realize how many times you got scr**ed."

God bless!
Nice one :D

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
The issues are not about the starter of the thread but the perception and the interpritation by the reader.Definitely not everybody will be successful in Canada even if the government is giving free money to everyone on arrival.So just like many want to hear stories with happy endings we all know that not all stories willhave happy endings.I dont see anything wrong learning from someone else's experiences, good or bad.