+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emcool00 said:
Definitely not everybody will be successful in Canada ...
Isn't this the case in any country?

There is no doubt that there are many places in the world worse than Canada, but there are many that are as good and some may also be better.
In most circumstances, life is what you make it.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Baloo said:
Isn't this the case in any country?

There is no doubt that there are many places in the world worse than Canada, but there are many that are as good and some may also be better.
In most circumstances, life is what you make it.
Can't agree more!

Amissa

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Canadian job market better than expected in December 2010

OTTAWA — Canada's job market performed somewhat better than expected last month, with gains concentrated in full-time, private-sector employment, in industrial sectors and for those younger than 25.

There were 22,000 additional people working in Canada last month, Statistics Canada said Friday. That slightly exceeded economists' expectations for gains of 20,000.

Most experts anticipated a surge in people looking for work would cause the unemployment rate to rise to 7.7 per cent, but it remained steady at 7.6 per cent.

The gains for December came from full-time employment, which provided jobs for 38,000 more people last month.

"Notable" gains were seen in the sectors of manufacturing, transportation and warehousing. Declines were seen in areas such as construction, health care and social assistance, wholesale and retail, and agriculture.

In fact, employment in industrial sectors such as manufacturing, and transportation and warehousing, which was up 65,700 and 44,500, respectively, were their highest gains on record and took some economists by surprise.

"In fact, it's such a big monthly gain that you end up closing out 2010 with more manufacturing jobs than the start of the year, which is not something I think anyone really seriously predicted over the last year," Eric Lascelles, chief strategist at TD Securities, told Reuters.

There were 52,500 more people working in the private sector, 7,400 more in the public sector and 38,000 fewer people self-employed.

There were strong employment gains in Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland and Labrador, though British Columbia lost jobs. All three northern territories saw job gains during the last three months of the year, Statistics Canada noted.

December's job gains were largely concentrated in the youth category, or those 15 to 24, for which 26,000 jobs were created. Statistics Canada said employment levels were largely flat among other age groups.

Some observers said specific details of the December jobs report were more encouraging than the overall job gains.

"This is a solid report, with more strength than meets the eye," Douglas Porter, deputy chief economist for BMO Capital Markets, said in research note. "In particular, the huge upturn in factory and transportation payrolls provides a tantalizing hint that the upturn in the U.S. economy is spilling over into Canada."

Pascal Gauthier, TD Economics chief economist, noted that December was Canada's strongest month for job gains in five months, and that the fourth-quarter monthly gains averaged 13,000, up from 6,600 in the third quarter.

"December's headline job creation figure lines up well with our forecast for a pickup in economic growth in the fourth quarter from a lowly performance in the third quarter," Gauthier said in a report.

Statistics Canada said that for 2010 as a whole, Canada's job market expanded by 2.2 per cent, or 369,000 people. That compared to a decline of 1.1 per cent in 2009.

December unemployment rates by province:

Newfoundland and Labrador 13.7%

Prince Edward Island 11.9%

Nova Scotia 10.4%

New Brunswick 9.4%

Quebec 7.6%

Ontario 8.1%

Manitoba 5.2%

Saskatchewan 5.5%

Alberta 5.6%

British Columbia 7.6%

Overall 7.6%

Source: Statistics Canada
© The Financial Post

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
I just got a positive LMO. For Canadian Registered Nurses, there are jobs available in Canada, lots of them. Getting that license for regulated professions will give you access to plenty of jobs in Canada.

TheDecision

Jan 10, 2011
aspire said:
I just got a positive LMO. For Canadian Registered Nurses, there are jobs available in Canada, lots of them. Getting that license for regulated professions will give you access to plenty of jobs in Canada.
Aside from registered nurses, what other kinds of jobs are in demand in Canada? I'm hoping to get some data before trying out the job market there.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheDecision said:
Aside from registered nurses, what other kinds of jobs are in demand in Canada? I'm hoping to get some data before trying out the job market there.
http://www.canadajobs.com/canadajobs/jobs/viewcategory.cfm?category=Engineering
http://www.canadajobs.com/canadajobs/jobs/viewcategory.cfm?category=High%20Tech

TheDecision

Jan 10, 2011
info-gc said:
Yes, I will make an attempt to start a business but it's success is quite dubious. There are just too many people competing for the same market and customers.

Another relocation is out of the question. I have two kids and starting a new life in a new place where noone knows you (again) is tough.

Most of you will be in your late 20's to early 30's before you set foot in Canada. If things do not work out, like they did not for me, you will be approaching 40 and being in complete vacuum.

Chinese or Indian people have the advantage of their big communities. But many other nations have small representation.
What kind of business is the best to start in Canada?

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
First stop labelling jobs...none of that jobs are low...your culture may see them as low and have bonded labourers...BUT it is respectable jobs here...in the west. I am Anglo Indian moved to Australia 10 yrs ago...got job the same day I landed...people till now are struggling...if you r fussy you wont get anything. If you want job in particular field get trained or Internationally equivalent degree. you know people with Phds driving taxis in Australia still refer alady as him and vise versa...sorry to say there is a reason why some people dont get a job. Also the arroganr attitude wont take us anywhere stop walking around with air of self entitlement...or you see retalitation as you have seen in Australia.

yolie said:
Just look at what Canada is welcoming in as immigrants now: welders, carpenters, plumbers, nurses, caregivers, janitors, cleaners - in other words, all blue-collar workers. A blue-collar worker has more chance of immigrating to Canada than highly educated professionals now.

The title should be changed to "Keep in mind there are almost no decent jobs!"

SONKO-KIVIAKE

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd March 2010
Doc's Request.
19th May 2010 but submitted on 16th Sep. 2010
Nomination.....
19th May 2010
AOR Received.
Ist AOR in May & 2nd AOR in Sep 2010
IELTS Request
19th May 2010 but submitted on 16th Sep. 2010
File Transfer...
22nd May 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
martha marita said:
So so surprised that you wasted 10 years of your good life in canada. Like any other western world, you will either choose to go to that land and belittle yourself by doing survival jobs.
I would rather take 3 years working on my professional progress than to work in factories. Dont get me wrong to work in a sorting company while with your master has to have a reason for doing that.

1. Some people with masters or phd they would work in factory for 1 year or so to raise money to go to university for canadian upgrading credits or equivalense of canadian education or qualification. In the end of credits the university will issue the canadian university qualification looking like you studied in a canadian university. Thats called EQUIVALENCE OF CREDITS EARNED

2. When you arrive in canada there is a funding for Internationally trained immigrants to have a chance to get canadian exp for 4MNTS-1 year. There are always jobs specifically for this people. Someone like me who already have canadian experience I would not qualify only those without canadian experience and are new immigrants. SO WHEN YOU ARRIVE TAKE A NOTE OF THAT OPPORTUNITY. Do not go hunting for wrong jobs.

3. In the year 2008-2010 there were so many people who were laid off the goverment set a fund for them for them to be retrained as second career. My advise is when applying for a training, aas a foreigner always look for a course with C00p at end this will give you a foot in the door after your placement - thats just me.

4. Try to talk to people for advisesome people from your own country will not give you good advise so be careful, they will tell you oh you are foreiner you will not get a job in that orgnisation. I have 5 sisters here we all came as skilled immigrants we said we rather take long and get support to have a better or nicer kind of work. My sister (older) works with the Region of Waterloo as System Administrator, now for 2 years. My younger sister works as a Business Analyst with Manulife finantial, I work with Kitchener Municipality in theas Human Resources Generalist. Not something to brag about but thats how things can be in you meet wrong people to advise you worngly. My younger sister went back to retrain and is working with COMDEV as Programmeer.

Sorry about your pligth but you can still change things if you want to.

My last advise when you arrive dont put yourself in so much debt that will bound you to work or look for survival jobs to pay them. Those are also some of the cut backs that will force you to stay in a job you dont like to keep up with payments.
Well put Martha!
8)

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mperei02 said:
First stop labelling jobs...none of that jobs are low...your culture may see them as low and have bonded labourers...BUT it is respectable jobs here...in the west. I am Anglo Indian moved to Australia 10 yrs ago...got job the same day I landed...people till now are struggling...if you r fussy you wont get anything. If you want job in particular field get trained or Internationally equivalent degree. you know people with Phds driving taxis in Australia still refer alady as him and vise versa...sorry to say there is a reason why some people dont get a job. Also the arroganr attitude wont take us anywhere stop walking around with air of self entitlement...or you see retalitation as you have seen in Australia.
Agreed ,great

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
Guys,

have a look at the link pasted below. At least it will fed away the frustration of waiting. Job market in Canada in 2011 onwards appear to improve with a good speed.

http://career-advice.monster.ca/job-hunt-strategy/company-industry-research/great-careers-for-the-new-year/article.aspx?WT.mc_n=Ycanada_YToday

regards,
Vaibhav

Malik33

Apr 4, 2011
Canada is definately not for people with money that comes from Asia and hopes to double or triple their 500k-million$ but the truth is they loose their saving in various business ventures. Canada is for skilled or general labour from third world countries who are in a win win situation and they never had anything to loose to begin with.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malik33 said:
Canada is definately not for people with money that comes from Asia and hopes to double or triple their 500k-million$ but the truth is they loose their saving in various business ventures. Canada is for skilled or general labour from third world countries who are in a win win situation and they never had anything to loose to begin with.
O yeah better to be penny less than having millions and loosing all and getting heart attack.....