+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a lot of enthusiasm around here and I do not want to sound negative and discouraging.

Yet there are things you need to know.

The score based skilled class immigration system is a bogus one and it is not based on any real job demand numbers. What you will find out is, your skills and experience will not count for much and you will have a difficult time competing with the unemployed Canadian professionals and other immigrants that came here before you and are still struggling.

The reason Canada is going to accept another 500,000+ people in 2011 is they are expected to bring their savings with them.

If you are ready to spend the rest of your life in a factory as a regular employee toiling for $10-12/hour then you will be fine and may even be able to get a bit up the ladder. If, however, you come with the hopes of landing a job in your field in the first 5 months or even a year, this is extremely unlikely to happen, unless you are a real prodigy.

Best of luck to all of you!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
info-gc said:
There is a lot of enthusiasm around here and I do not want to sound negative and discouraging.

Yet there are things you need to know.

The score based skilled class immigration system is a bogus one and it is not based on any real job demand numbers. What you will find out is, your skills and experience will not count for much and you will have a difficult time competing with the unemployed Canadian professionals and other immigrants that came here before you and are still struggling.

The reason Canada is going to accept another 500,000+ people in 2011 is they are expected to bring their savings with them.

If you are ready to spend the rest of your life in a factory as a regular employee toiling for $10-12/hour then you will be fine and may even be able to get a bit up the ladder. If, however, you come with the hopes of landing a job in your field in the first 5 months or even a year, this is extremely unlikely to happen, unless you are a real prodigy.

Best of luck to all of you!
hi there!

Thanks for sharing this information. Would you mind telling what has happened in your case

Regards
Wxyz

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visa processing - 1 year
ARRIVAL

temporary factory jobs with no benefits - 8 months
engineering job - 3 years
company closed

EI+severance+more temporary factory work - 1 year
relocation
full time factory position (assembly line) - 18 months
EI - 10 months
re-training (university diploma in another fieldd) - 2 years

after re-training - NOTHING!

all to the tune of 10 lost years, depleted savings and total hopelessness at the end.
(neither my English, nor my diplomas or looks helped me any)

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
info-gc said:
visa processing - 1 year
ARRIVAL

temporary factory jobs with no benefits - 8 months
engineering job - 3 years
company closed

EI+severance+more temporary factory work - 1 year
relocation
full time factory position (assembly line) - 18 months
EI - 10 months
re-training (university diploma in another fieldd) - 2 years

after re-training - NOTHING!

all to the tune of 10 lost years, depleted savings and total hopelessness at the end.
(neither my English, nor my diplomas or looks helped me any)
hi buddy!

I am sorry to hear that but there is always a hope. please don't loose hope. i agree you have been through very tough circumstances but you still have time to progress. can't you start any business or relocate to a place where there are more jobs?? i work from home and i am a forex trader. you can even try this. its not difficult. you only need 6 months to learn it and then trade for real. Good luck!!!!

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I will make an attempt to start a business but it's success is quite dubious. There are just too many people competing for the same market and customers.

Another relocation is out of the question. I have two kids and starting a new life in a new place where noone knows you (again) is tough.

Most of you will be in your late 20's to early 30's before you set foot in Canada. If things do not work out, like they did not for me, you will be approaching 40 and being in complete vacuum.

Chinese or Indian people have the advantage of their big communities. But many other nations have small representation.

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
info-gc said:
Yes, I will make an attempt to start a business but it's success is quite dubious. There are just too many people competing for the same market and customers.

Another relocation is out of the question. I have two kids and starting a new life in a new place where noone knows you (again) is tough.

Most of you will be in your late 20's to early 30's before you set foot in Canada. If things do not work out, like they did not for me, you will be approaching 40 and being in complete vacuum.

Chinese or Indian people have the advantage of their big communities. But many other nations have small representation.
i only know and i have seen when your intentions are right and you put your efforts honestly you always succeed. i beleive in God as well. there is always a reward for hard work. God never does any injustice

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
God never does any misjustice
:)
I always postpone my visit to the Church. Maybe that is it!

It is a rather phylosophical subject, but with what we see happening around the World, (and it has been like that since the World was conceived), I do not really think God exists in the form we are used to think of him.

There is some direction, some intention, but individual units (people, animals, etc) do not seem to matter to him. Life is just a flow, and the single drops of water are only used to fuel the movement.

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
info-gc said:
:)
I always postpone my visit to the Church. Maybe that is it!
yes buddy that is it. please start visiting your church and be positive. hopefully you will acheive. try to be happy what you have. if you look for more and more your frustrations will be more. God says to look at people who are lesser than you.

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
info-gc said:

Were you able to avail of the CIIP (Canadian Immigration Integration Program) that the government offers? I guess this somehow could address concerns on settling once you arrive there. This program is for free for us here in the Philippines. They teach you how to write your resumes, where to best look for jobs suited for you, etc. In a way, I think this is the government's way of responding to concerns raised such as yours.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
The picture given here is wrong. If u r professional u will
Not have problem. I would advice to put
Ur resume on monster and check response

I am from IT and checked the response
Before I came. Market forIT is good

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailvdutt said:
I am from IT and checked the response
Before I came. Market forIT is good
I will be really surprised if that is the case. My resume has been on monster for years. All sorts of skills and experiences and I am not the only one.

There are many government programs. People running them have some understanding and this is what has been keeping me afloat in the past 3 years. But all in all, I have been spinning my wheels for nothing.

I do not want to see more people end up like this.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Can u tell ur field , which country are u from.
U are in toronto or west coast?
I live in Vancouver and got plenty of calls

If life is so bad.Why don't u go back to the country
U came from?

Pls don't mind , I am just curious to know

nzau

Nov 6, 2010
Thanks for saying what u know is happening. No one wants to hear the truth even if it hurts bit at least you have said what you experienced. Everyone wants to land there not even knowing what is waiting for you. :eek: :'( ???

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Telling you where I am, which country I came from or any other information will be pointless.

Many would think I was just a disgruntled loser.

What I am trying to warn you about has been going on for years. You can find traces of it in many places.

It is absolutely unrealistic for you to expect any decent jobs at a time when every 5th Canadian is out of work.

Canada is in fact in wait of your savings to move on to the next page.

rajdeep

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info-gc said:
Telling you where I am, which country I came from or any other information will be pointless.

Many would think I was just a disgruntled loser.

What I am trying to warn you about has been going on for years. You can find traces of it in many places.

It is absolutely unrealistic for you to expect any decent jobs at a time when every 5th Canadian is out of work.

Canada is in fact in wait of your savings to move on to the next page.
u r right sir , canada re-start the investor scheme ,and the amount is almost triple , now i m also thinking about opportunities in my own country .