+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hey ya'll!
So excited to see that there is a thread for people like me!
My husband and I sent in our Permanent Resident Application June 8th and still waiting to hear back. As I've seen throughout this thread, it takes 6-8 weeks to hear anything, which is great to know. I'm excited to see other peoples journeys whom are in the same boat as I!

I am an American citizen and I met my husband when he was living in the States as a Marine (he has duel citizenship between Canada and the US but has lived the majority of his life in Canada). When he decided to leave the Marine Corp, we both came to the conclusion that moving to Canada to be near his family was what we both wanted.... so now here we are! Lol
I'm also wishing everyone good luck and am looking forward to see others stories/progress throughout this long process. :)
For you and anyone that are American Citizens or Green Card holders, the waiting time isn't that bad. If the trend is still valid, you guys will get DM in about 4 and half months, that is counting from the day that CIC received your application to the day you receive your DM, if your case is straight forward and no major issues like DUI or havitng trouble with law enforcement. For ppl from other parts of the world, be patient, if your case is straight forward and no major issues, 80% of the cases will be done in 12 months.

KRaeGibson

Jun 28, 2018
Chatham Ontario
For you and anyone that are American Citizens or Green Card holders, the waiting time isn't that bad. If the trend is still valid, you guys will get DM in about 4 and half months, that is counting from the day that CIC received your application to the day you receive your DM, if your case is straight forward and no major issues like DUI or havitng trouble with law enforcement. For ppl from other parts of the world, be patient, if your case is straight forward and no major issues, 80% of the cases will be done in 12 months.
Thanks for the information! That makes me feel much better. I was under the impression that it was 12 months for everyone, no matter where you were from. I wonder why its quicker if you're American?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for the information! That makes me feel much better. I was under the impression that it was 12 months for everyone, no matter where you were from. I wonder why its quicker if you're American?
The reason for US people to wait much shorter is because there are way fewer cases than any other parts of the world, low risk of fraud and/or marriage of convenience and CIC can conduct background and security check much easier than other countries. People need to understand that sometimes it isn't CIC delayed your case. When CIC start your background check, it will deal with correspondent departments of your country of origin to obtain necessary documents. If the correspondent departments of your country of origin isn't that cooperative, then there isn't anything that CIC can do about it, but wait.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
I was under the impression that this shortened timeline was only for outland sponsorship of American citizens. Are you saying that this includes inland sponsorships as well?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I was under the impression that this shortened timeline was only for outland sponsorship of American citizens. Are you saying that this includes inland sponsorships as well?
Since March of 2017, there isn't any big difference between inland and outland, regarding process time. Although I am not 100%
sure about this, but most likely and in general speaking, the process time is much shorter for all US people, regardless inland or outland.

parjat93

Jan 4, 2018
Hi,
I and my husband submitted our application for inland sponsorship on June01, 2018.and received by CIC on June 04, 2018. We have submitted all documents as per checklist and double check form numbers just before mailing out the application. Our form number was same as of that day. As our application has not been start processing, there is few form changed after couple of days, I am concerned if that will effect our application.

Secondly, we submitted our legal marriage certificate along with religious certificate. Legal certificate was in English and religious one was in native language. We didn't translate that. Also concerned about this matter.

Please help guys with your views!

Thanks,

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,
I and my husband submitted our application for inland sponsorship on June01, 2018.and received by CIC on June 04, 2018. We have submitted all documents as per checklist and double check form numbers just before mailing out the application. Our form number was same as of that day. As our application has not been start processing, there is few form changed after couple of days, I am concerned if that will effect our application.

Secondly, we submitted our legal marriage certificate along with religious certificate. Legal certificate was in English and religious one was in native language. We didn't translate that. Also concerned about this matter.

Please help guys with your views!

Thanks,
I believe the forms you sent is Ok. But the non-English/French religious certificate may not be OK. You can get it translated into English or French Now and wait till you get your AOR1 (About 60 days from the date CIC received your application), then you can upload your translated religious certificate via Webform. The worst scenario is the CIC will return the application back to you, and it will take about 2 months to show in your mail box.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi. Im still waiting for AOR. How about you? Today Its been fully 4 weeks since my application was received.

May applications are still waiting so i think begining of Junes would be come in a week or 2.
since its a month already you may get it today or tomorrow. hang in there. give it a week.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Cic received my application June 5, havent heard from them yet. Does anyone know what date they’re processing for aor?