Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi..my husband is a permanent resident in canada and im a greencard holder..i came to canada last january and we got married..but i came back to hawaii last february..and now,we are planning to be together(which is the noramal husband and wife does). And we heard about the inland application.What’s bothering me to is,are they gonna question me for having only one way ticket? or do i have to tell them that we are doing the inland?..any thoughts?.tHankYou
Hi, from the above it appears that while you went to Hawaii, your husband continued to stay in Canada. To apply inland you have to be staying with him in Canada. CIC will ask you how you maintained contact during the time in between, call records, social media etc plus more important will be to prove the legality of your marriage as CIC checks that it should not be a marriage of convenience for seeking immigration. I feel a one way ticket should be a non issue as long as you can justify your requirement to stay separate, work etc.

jhanang

Mar 29, 2018
we already have our marriage certificate..we have an LDR since 2013..because we are already together before i came to hawaii..but long story short yea we got married last january in canada and i stayed in canada for almost 2months then I came back to hawaii..now,i’m planning to move with him and start our very own family..we are planning to do the inland application..what’s giving me anxiety is..if the immigration ask me whats my plan do i have to tell them that we are doing the inland application?..

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
we already have our marriage certificate..we have an LDR since 2013..because we are already together before i came to hawaii..but long story short yea we got married last january in canada and i stayed in canada for almost 2months then I came back to hawaii..now,i’m planning to move with him and start our very own family..we are planning to do the inland application..what’s giving me anxiety is..if the immigration ask me whats my plan do i have to tell them that we are doing the inland application?..
Are you referring to the immigration officers at Port of entry , because the CIC will not ask this question, as you would have already applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship, they will process your application as per the norms required to meet the immigration requirements. At the Port of entry , if you put your address as Canadian, and you are entering on visitor Visa, then the immigration officer will ask you your intentions.

jhanang

Mar 29, 2018
yes the immigration officer of port entry..i’ll be arriving in canada this end of june or first week of july and we’ll be applying my inlnad papers as soon as i get there thankYou

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
yes the immigration officer of port entry..i’ll be arriving in canada this end of june or first week of july and we’ll be applying my inlnad papers as soon as i get there thankYou
Well, a similar issue was with me. I entered Canada on a visitor Visa, my spouse is a PR and I have now applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship. At the Port of entry, I told the visa officer that I intend staying on in Canada to apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship. He asked me a few questions about my qualifications, ie what kind of job I was doing in my country and few about my spouse. Then he stamped my passport for a 6 months stay though my visitor Visa is valid till Aug 19. As it is as per norm one is allowed to stay for upto 6 months on a visitor Visa, so I guess the VO gave me max time. Now , I have applied for open work permit along with the Spousal Sponsorship, so that will help me stay beyond 6 months. Hope this helps.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
do you have to apply your medical too just incase you need to go for check ups?..
No, I did not get my meds done for immigration, same not reqd for OWP also. Meds request is sent by CIC approx 6-8 after submitting spousal sponsorship application, then meds are done by CIC approved doctors. In case you are referring to medical coverage while you are here, there are several insurance companies for that.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
my ETA is valid for 3yrs.Can i just tell them that i’ll be in canada for a vacation lol
Ya, you can do that, they will simply let you in. But, you need to specify how long you are staying, and no one vacations for 6 months, so you need to decide what to write in the immigration form or at the electronic kiosk, cause everything is linked.

jhanang

Mar 29, 2018
but when I came to canada last january they never asked me how long i’ve been staying..but just incase i’ll just tell them that we’ll do the inland application and show them my marriage certificate and i’ll be bringing my police clearance..

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
but when I came to canada last january they never asked me how long i’ve been staying..but just incase i’ll just tell them that we’ll do the inland application and show them my marriage certificate and i’ll be bringing my police clearance..
Didn't you write the same in the immigration form or enter the same in the electronic kiosk. I entered Canada through Calgary, where I filled a form, at the window I was asked by the immigration officer if I was visiting and that why have I mentioned my address as Canadian. That time I told him that I am here for good since I will be applying for inland spousal sponsorship, he directed me to another officer, who asked further questions and then stamped my passport for 6 months. But to avoid all this trouble, you declare your address as in Hawaii, and say purpose as visiting, It will make no difference, after applying for inland spousal, till the time you have visitor status, I guess you should be ok.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
did you bring your police clearance with you when you get there?..
Ya, i did. I got my police clearance. You should have police clearance for all countries where you have stayed for more than 6 months since 18 years of age.

jhanang

Mar 29, 2018
no,because i went to chicago then straight to toronto..but i heard calgary and vancouver are more strict..im not sure though..but they only asked me if do i have somebody to stay and i only said yes and whats my purpose and i said only for a vacation..and it’s because it’s my first time to enter canada..but,it’s all different though i guess..i only fill out the paper..