+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

lcsr

Jun 5, 2018
Hi..my husband is a permanent resident in canada and im a greencard holder..i came to canada last january and we got married..but i came back to hawaii last february..and now,we are planning to be together(which is the noramal husband and wife does). And we heard about the inland application.What’s bothering me to is,are they gonna question me for having only one way ticket? or do i have to tell them that we are doing the inland?..any thoughts?.tHankYou
I came to Canada in March with a visitor visa and an one way ticket. I mentioned on the form that I would be staying for 6 months (because that's how long you are allowed to stay when holding a visitor visa). The office asked me why I was coming to spend that much time here, but he never asked me to see a round trip ticket. I explained that I was coming to Canada to stay with my husband and apply for an inland spousal visa. He sent me to another line where another office asked me similar questions, but again, he didn't ask me to see my tickets or my marriage certificate. I just explained to him that if my application was refused I would go back to my parents' house in Brazil. You should be okay! Just make sure you tell them the truth :)

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
We sent our application in on June 19 it was delivered and signed June 21. Let the waiting game begin!

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Congrats! We also just submitted our application for inland common-law sponsorship and OWP via xpresspost on June 13th, 2018.

I'll be following along here and updating our progress as we go.

A heads up to others looking to submit soon, forms IMM 5525 (Document Checklist) and IMM 0008 (General Application Form) were updated in the past few days (June 2018).
What! Omg I sent mine in 2days ago.cant believe it was recently updated. I guess now we will have to apply for visitor extention

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
What! Omg I sent mine in 2days ago.cant believe it was recently updated. I guess now we will have to apply for visitor extention
Perhaps they will overlook it since they were both updated so recently. When I was filling out the updated forms, I also did not notice any physical changes and I'm guessing that the changes to the General Application (IMM 0008) was just to update the list of countries in the drop down lists.

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Perhaps they will overlook it since they were both updated so recently. When I was filling out the updated forms, I also did not notice any physical changes and I'm guessing that the changes to the General Application (IMM 0008) was just to update the list of countries in the drop down lists.
I really hope so but just to be on the safe side I applied for the extention , will keep you guys updated

KRaeGibson

Jun 28, 2018
Chatham Ontario
Hey ya'll!
So excited to see that there is a thread for people like me!
My husband and I sent in our Permanent Resident Application June 8th and still waiting to hear back. As I've seen throughout this thread, it takes 6-8 weeks to hear anything, which is great to know. I'm excited to see other peoples journeys whom are in the same boat as I!

I am an American citizen and I met my husband when he was living in the States as a Marine (he has duel citizenship between Canada and the US but has lived the majority of his life in Canada). When he decided to leave the Marine Corp, we both came to the conclusion that moving to Canada to be near his family was what we both wanted.... so now here we are! Lol

I'm also wishing everyone good luck and am looking forward to see others stories/progress throughout this long process. :)

Reactions: lcsr

KRaeGibson

Jun 28, 2018
Chatham Ontario
Hi, could you please info as to what all documents you submitted with the OWP application. Was it only as per the checklist IMM 5556 or some other too.
Thanks
Hi! Yes, I applied for an OWP with my applicaiton as well. I only sent in what the document check list asked me to send.
I have applied for this before, while i was going to school here in Canada, and got approved pretty quickly and was able to work while I was going in college full time. I'm hoping This will be just as quick!

lcsr

Jun 5, 2018
It seems like people who sent their applications on May are still receiving the AOR, so I'm guessing the CIC is not working on our applications yet :(