+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Hey, well this is a bummer...I submitted my application on June 20 but I wasn't aware of these updates (Our forms were as old as May). Where did you find out about this update? I didn't see anything on the CIC notice page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices.html
Hi, I found out about it by going through this checklist to identify what forms you would need to submit, based on your situation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

I checked the day before we were planning to submit our application, when I noticed that they updated the dates of the forms to June 2018. I think one was updated on or around June 5, the other on or around June 7. One thing to note, when I was trying to do a change comparison between the old forms and the ones updated in June, I couldn't find any noticeable physical differences. Fingers crossed that you will be OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nisht

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi, I found out about it by going through this checklist to identify what forms you would need to submit, based on your situation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

I checked the day before we were planning to submit our application, when I noticed that they updated the dates of the forms to June 2018. I think one was updated on or around June 5, the other on or around June 7. One thing to note, when I was trying to do a change comparison between the old forms and the ones updated in June, I couldn't find any noticeable physical differences. Fingers crossed that you will be OK.
Ohh shh i sent my application on June 8 and was recieved on the 11. Hopefully it will be fine. Best to all of you too !

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I am really worried, my spouse is currently with me in Canada on visitor visa. I read online that if spouse is currently living in Canada then applications should be sent to CPC Mississauga. But, we have couriered our application to Nova Scotia. Will there be any issues of application being returned or anything as such because application should have been send to Mississauga? Please HELP!!

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,
I just put file for my wife, she is in visitor visa. Could someone please tell me about OWP, we are still waiting for AOR and how long it will to get to OWP after getting AOR?

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello,
I just put file for my wife, she is in visitor visa. Could someone please tell me about OWP, we are still waiting for AOR and how long it will to get to OWP after getting AOR?
Hi,
The usual trend for OWP approval is that it takes 3 to 3.5 months from the time the PR & OWP application is received. This timeline changes if the application gets returned.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,
I haven’t applied for work permit with PR application. Would it be different time line for that ?

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi All,

Applied for my PR and OWP on 26th June. Applications delivered and signed for on 27th June. Wife is a Canadian citizen and so are our three kids, I am UK citizen. From what I can see from reading threads here, I have to wait 4-6 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hi, My application has been received by Missisaugua on 4th June. It will take 4-6 weeks to get the AOR email.
Has anyone sent the Open work permit application Also. If yes, Have you sent the documents as per IMM 5556. Cause there are very few documents that can be sent as per IMM 5556. Did anyone of you attach any additional documents too.
Thanks
Hi,

We did submit OWP along with the application. It was submitted on 27th June.

We submitted only the documents that were mentioned in the Document Checklist and no additional documents.