+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

carrot_sticks

Mar 9, 2019
Hello everyone! I hope someone could take the time to read and help me with my situation.

Everything has already been submitted for my Express Entry profile but as no decision has come in for several months now, I requested for GCMS notes from the Canadian office and received it just last week. In there I found out that I did not meet the A11.2 information requirements dated July 2018 (I got invited last June 2018) but no email was given to me as a heads-up. I chose NOC 1114 as I am a Fraud Investigations Officer from a multinational bank but they seemed not to be satisfied with the documents I presented for working with the bank for almost 5 years. The remarks are “NOT MET PA does not appear to have one year of continuous work experience in primary NOC 1114 as insufficient evidence the PA performed the described in the lead statement and main duties.” I already passed my medical exam and my IELTS scores are 8.5 for Listening and Reading, and 7.5 for Speaking and Writing.

Currently, I am requesting for another certificate of employment from my previous company regarding my job as a fraud officer. My question is, should I just submit it via IRCC’s “Submit an Inquiry/Technical Issue Report” form or is there an alternative to this method?

I am stressing out because my application is still In Progress and I can’t connect with any agent via their hotline no matter the time I call. The replies I get from the emails are generic ones so I wasn’t able to know about the 11.2 issue before.

I would appreciate all the help I could get! Thanks very much!

carrot_sticks

Mar 9, 2019
Hello everyone! I hope someone could take the time to read and help me with my situation.

Everything has already been submitted for my Express Entry profile but as no decision has come in for several months now, I requested for GCMS notes from the Canadian office and received it just last week. In there I found out that I did not meet the A11.2 information requirements dated July 2018 (I got invited last June 2018) but no email was given to me as a heads-up. I chose NOC 1114 as I am a Fraud Investigations Officer from a multinational bank but they seemed not to be satisfied with the documents I presented for working with the bank for almost 5 years. The remarks are “NOT MET PA does not appear to have one year of continuous work experience in primary NOC 1114 as insufficient evidence the PA performed the described in the lead statement and main duties.” I already passed my medical exam and my IELTS scores are 8.5 for Listening and Reading, and 7.5 for Speaking and Writing.

Currently, I am requesting for another certificate of employment from my previous company regarding my job as a fraud officer. My question is, should I just submit it via IRCC’s “Submit an Inquiry/Technical Issue Report” form or is there an alternative to this method?

I am stressing out because my application is still In Progress and I can’t connect with any agent via their hotline no matter the time I call. The replies I get from the emails are generic ones so I wasn’t able to know about the 11.2 issue before.

Also, can anyone tell me about the ghost updates everyone seemed to be talking about? I never get any email updates from CIC :(

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
Addressing my question to those whose file took more than 180 days to process. What actions would you recommend for me after my file crosses landmark of 180 days of processing?
Relevant details of my app:
AOR 21st Sept. 2018
Medical Passed: 28th Oct. 2018 (Ghost update one day before med. passed)

No movement/updates after that.

If you are able to share exact questions/info to be asked from CIC via CSE/Agent, that would be great. Thanks!

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019

Submit the new reference letter via webform and ensure u check Google for your noc ..in order for you to get the lead funtions and duties of fraud officer ...even if there's a difference a bit from what u do aa work daily .....make sure u copy what is in the noc according thiers and pick the lead Functions and ignore the irrelevant one ...seem like ur core duties according to your noc didnt reflect in your previous reference letter .

Reactions: tobs

ChiragShetty20

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Addressing my question to those whose file took more than 180 days to process. What actions would you recommend for me after my file crosses landmark of 180 days of processing?
Relevant details of my app:
AOR 21st Sept. 2018
Medical Passed: 28th Oct. 2018 (Ghost update one day before med. passed)

No movement/updates after that.

If you are able to share exact questions/info to be asked from CIC via CSE/Agent, that would be great. Thanks!
Ask the agent the individual status for eligibility,Criminality and security. Also ask the visa office where your application is being processed. You could also go ahead and order gcms notes to see if the officer is not satisfied with any of your document.

Reactions: tobs

Sunshine17

Jan 10, 2019
Hi Guys!! PPR IS HERE!!

Hubby and I are soo happy this phase is FINALLY over and I can't thank you guys enough for making the wait a bit bearable. I don't comment on here but I have been stuck on this thread all through my journey. You all are amazing. And I wish all others waiting speedy PPR, don't loose hope guys!

AOR- 22/6/18 (Applied as single)
MEP- 6/7/18
IP2 -- late July
Got married in August
ADR to add spouse-- 15/8/18
Submitted spouse docs -- 13/9/18
spouse UCI -- 14/9/18
1st Ghost Update - 26/10/18
ADR 2--- 10/1/19
2nd Ghost Update -- 7/3/19
PPR -- 8/319

ACCRA VO.

carrot_sticks

Mar 9, 2019
Submit the new reference letter via webform and ensure u check Google for your noc ..in order for you to get the lead funtions and duties of fraud officer ...even if there's a difference a bit from what u do aa work daily .....make sure u copy what is in the noc according thiers and pick the lead Functions and ignore the irrelevant one ...seem like ur core duties according to your noc didnt reflect in your previous reference letter .
Thanks for your reply! But sorry, where will I copy/paste the lead functions and duties of NOC 1114? In my job bank description? If my employer would provide the detailed certificate of employment (since they said that they would need to secure an approval first as the reference letter I am requesting is very different from the usual template they give out), I can’t really control what they would list down :/

Tazzo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Category........
AOR Received.
23-06-2018
Hi Guys!! PPR IS HERE!!

Hubby and I are soo happy this phase is FINALLY over and I can't thank you guys enough for making the wait a bit bearable. I don't comment on here but I have been stuck on this thread all through my journey. You all are amazing. And I wish all others waiting speedy PPR, don't loose hope guys!

AOR- 22/6/18 (Applied as single)
MEP- 6/7/18
IP2 -- late July
Got married in August
ADR to add spouse-- 15/8/18
Submitted spouse docs -- 13/9/18
spouse UCI -- 14/9/18
1st Ghost Update - 26/10/18
ADR 2--- 10/1/19
2nd Ghost Update -- 7/3/19
PPR -- 8/319

ACCRA VO.
Congratulations :)

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hi Meenal,
While I don't know of there's anything like an implied status for students, I'll suggest that if you really want to stay back then you start applying for the visitors visa now (confirm that you can apply for and get the visa while in Canada).
To your question on either it is safe to leave. Definitely. You can leave Canada at any time and return/ land when you receive your PR.
You'll have to notify CIC of the change of address after you reach the country you're returning to, not before.
Aren't you entitled to a post graduate (ion) work permit after school? That may be a better option to start working & living in Canada while you wait for your PR.
I'll advise that you research the cheapest & easiest option available for you and you go with that.
Keep me posted.
Actually this is my second study permit so I am not eligible for pgwp now. I was thinking for visitors visa just in case if I have to come back to Canada due to any reason regarding my PR application . I did the research and the cheapest option is to go back to my home country and come back once I have PR. Staying in Canada on a visitors visa was the option I was thinking because I thought if I leave Canada it will impact the processing of my application. But if asper your experience it doesn’t impact the application than there is no point staying here and just waiting for decision as I can’t work or do anything else on visitors visa

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for your reply! But sorry, where will I copy/paste the lead functions and duties of NOC 1114? In my job bank description? If my employer would provide the detailed certificate of employment (since they said that they would need to secure an approval first as the reference letter I am requesting is very different from the usual template they give out), I can’t really control what they would list down :/
No the OP was suggesting to use the job duties as listed on IRCC website for that particular NOC and use the ones which are relevant to you in your letter .. I understand you can't control what they will write in your letter but then how is this letter going to be different what you already provided? When you say usual template it gives me a feeling your earlier letter just had designations and no duties listed. We can advise you better if you describe your problem better. What was submitted etc. So take some time and describe what exactly did you provide the first time around.

Also, your original post says IRCC didn't give you a heads up. They don't do it in every case and are inconsistent. So, you're on your own unfortunately. I really wish you had applied for GCMS notes earlier. But better late than never. All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Reading some cases on the forum just makes me sad where people have ordered GCMS notes in their 7/8 month and then found out they were in Review Required and I really get annoyed when I see people who have their PPR advising people not to order GCMS notes. They don't even know what sort of disservice they are doing to candidates.

If I have to make a list of general phrases which are thrown around on this forum and I find really annoying .. "Every file is different" may have topped the list few months back.

But now it is "No news is good news from IRCC". I don't even know who came up with this. But it is not true because IRCC is not as efficient as people seem to think and they don't send out ADRs for every case where something is missing and proactive action is needed.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Actually this is my second study permit so I am not eligible for pgwp now. I was thinking for visitors visa just in case if I have to come back to Canada due to any reason regarding my PR application . I did the research and the cheapest option is to go back to my home country and come back once I have PR. Staying in Canada on a visitors visa was the option I was thinking because I thought if I leave Canada it will impact the processing of my application. But if asper your experience it doesn’t impact the application than there is no point staying here and just waiting for decision as I can’t work or do anything else on visitors visa
It won't affect your application processing. Just inform them of the change in address.
You can go home my darling, and return when Canada is ready to receive you again.

Reactions: FindingAtm

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Reading some cases on the forum just makes me sad where people have ordered GCMS notes in their 7/8 month and then found out they were in Review Required and I really get annoyed when I see people who have their PPR advising people not to order GCMS notes. They don't even know what sort of disservice they are doing to candidates.

But now it is "No news is good news from IRCC". I don't even know who came up with this. But it is not true because IRCC is not as efficient as people seem to think and they don't send out ADRs for every case where something is missing and proactive action is needed.
I think those people are just wicked people that like to see others helpless and anxious. Cos there's no logical reasoning for their insistence that ordering notes is a bad thing.

Reactions: cansha

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I did this even when I didn't have PPR with lots of honesty.
Me too. I even shared the exact feedback I gave here.
And today, I filled the new survey reliving those moments of anxiety.

Reactions: meany23