Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Today called the IRCC, waited for 35mins.

Apparently they missed to send the SA approval email. It was approved on 21st sept. We only received the biometric letter as first on 21st sept. Biometrics submitted few days later. No update after that, hence the call to IRCC.

Our application was moved from sydney to ottawa on 6th of oct. Biometrics received and processing. Currently doing bg checks etc.

Also told that they will mostly not transfer the file to home country, but it depends on the work load etc.
Was your sponsorship application status in ECAS in 'decision made' status when you received biometric request ?

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Was your sponsorship application status in ECAS in 'decision made' status when you received biometric request ?
I cannot link my application as i have used a paid representative.

But apparently we can add ourself(sponsor) add as an unpaid representative. So in my case i can still keep the lawyer(paid rep) and also add myself too, thats what the IRCC agent said and he sent me a representative form too to my email. But im still deciding on that decision haha

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
I cannot link my application as i have used a paid representative.

But apparently we can add ourself(sponsor) add as an unpaid representative. So in my case i can still keep the lawyer(paid rep) and also add myself too, thats what the IRCC agent said and he sent me a representative form too to my email. But im still deciding on that decision haha
You can link your application to GCKey account even if you have a representative. If it's already linked, you can't but can be added.

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
You can link your application to GCKey account even if you have a representative. If it's already linked, you can't but can be added.
You cannot if you have a paid representative. You have to remove them as a paid representative to link to my(Sponsor) account. Thats what the warning message says

sm99

Jul 22, 2020
Hi All,

Since we are on the subject of linking applications go GCKEY account & ECAS status.
I would like to find out if we can check ECAS after linking our application to GCKEY?

My wife’s medical & bio are done & the file has been transferred to local VO. We have linked her application to GCKEY account which says that IRCC is reviewing processing the application but we have not been able to get any thing on ECAS.

we used both UCI & application number but it always returned the page which says “we are unable to identify you ...”

Is there a reason why the ECAS is not showing for our application ? Does ECAS work only after a certain stage in processing? Any thoughts,???

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

Since we are on the subject of linking applications go GCKEY account & ECAS status.
I would like to find out if we can check ECAS after linking our application to GCKEY?

My wife’s medical & bio are done & the file has been transferred to local VO. We have linked her application to GCKEY account which says that IRCC is reviewing processing the application but we have not been able to get any thing on ECAS.

we used both UCI & application number but it always returned the page which says “we are unable to identify you ...”

Is there a reason why the ECAS is not showing for our application ? Does ECAS work only after a certain stage in processing? Any thoughts,???
Most likely some minor error in data like state instead of city or something like that.

But if you're in gckey there's not really any need to have ecas. We were never able to get in and never could see much reason to worry about it.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
There are a fair number of these happening, where SA letter not sent/received. No idea why but it seems either some glitch at IRCC or they've 'downgraded' importance. Which they might logically do to free up resources, there are very few files that are rejected because sponsor not eligible, so arguably takes up more resources than it deserves; if so, though, it's disappointing they didn't tell anyone. Or maybe they're just screwing up and fixing it is low priority (for esimilar reasons).
Today, PA received medical request and I still have not received the SA email.

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
My app was submitted in July (Outland/Spouse Sponsor - USA Citizen currently) and received a letter approving the sponsorship on Sept 23rd. Also received a letter requesting a pay for biometrics which is odd as other applications from the USA seem exempt. Paid the fee and eventually was able to submit the receipt but have not received a letter telling me to got have the biometrics completed - not sure how long between submitted the receipt and getting the letter normally takes?. Oddly, I was able to link my application to my GCKey and under Biometrics it says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"

Completed the medical and "passed".

Under Background Check it says "We are processing your background check".

Under Review of eligibility - it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" - I'm guessing that is the default until these other items are approved.

Let me know if anyone can shed some light on the biometrics and if anyone has received a PR approval yet. I have no idea how long this will really take. I'm actually in Canada already with my family so trying to get some basics done like getting my drivers license. Doesn't look like that can be done until the PR is fully completed.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My app was submitted in July (Outland/Spouse Sponsor - USA Citizen currently) and received a letter approving the sponsorship on Sept 23rd. Also received a letter requesting a pay for biometrics which is odd as other applications from the USA seem exempt. Paid the fee and eventually was able to submit the receipt but have not received a letter telling me to got have the biometrics completed - not sure how long between submitted the receipt and getting the letter normally takes?. Oddly, I was able to link my application to my GCKey and under Biometrics it says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"

Completed the medical and "passed".

Under Background Check it says "We are processing your background check".

Under Review of eligibility - it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" - I'm guessing that is the default until these other items are approved.

Let me know if anyone can shed some light on the biometrics and if anyone has received a PR approval yet. I have no idea how long this will really take. I'm actually in Canada already with my family so trying to get some basics done like getting my drivers license. Doesn't look like that can be done until the PR is fully completed.

Thanks
All pr applicants must submit biometrics. The govt tool does say this but in an odd footnote.

You should get a biometrics instruction letter in due course, but not having paid for it upfront seems to have delayed things. You could try calling to ask, may not be worth the time on hold.

The web page that says all that we 'do not need etc' page is notoriously unreliable. It's right some of the time but on the same principle a broken clock is right twice a day.

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
All pr applicants must submit biometrics. The govt tool does say this but in an odd footnote.

You should get a biometrics instruction letter in due course, but not having paid for it upfront seems to have delayed things. You could try calling to ask, may not be worth the time on hold.

The web page that says all that we 'do not need etc' page is notoriously unreliable. It's right some of the time but on the same principle a broken clock is right twice a day.
I vaguely recall when completing my application there was a link to see if Biometrics were required and they weren't so I didn't pay for them. I was surprised when I got the letter asking me to pay for them which I did immediately. I also booked an appointment and went in only to realize that I was premature and needed to wait on some mythical letter telling me to book the appointment. It took almost a week to get the webform to allow me to submit the receipt. While I received a confirmation that a document was submitted, I have to accept on blind faith that the receipt we land in the right spot and the letter will come shortly there after.

I was finally able to link my application to my GCKey Acct but there is nothing that confirms if the receipt was received. Most confusing when it still says We do not need your fingerprints.

I've attempted to call and get no where, I've never successfully spoken to anyone.

I did get confirmation on the GCKey that my medical was passed so that's progress.

I've been wondering if I should upload the Biometrics Receipt again via the GCkey account. That should be better than the webform. Thoughts?

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Any idea how to join the Whapsapp Group for July - I tried and whatsapp says its full... That probably answers my question but just in case, thought I'd ask the group.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I vaguely recall when completing my application there was a link to see if Biometrics were required and they weren't so I didn't pay for them.

I've been wondering if I should upload the Biometrics Receipt again via the GCkey account. That should be better than the webform. Thoughts?
-You misread the biometrics required page. It's poorly written but it's there.

-You can try uploading through gckey - but as far as I'm aware it's generally only possible to do so when IRCC opens a request for documents, i.e. you can't just upload whenever you like. I'm not certain about that though.

Quoc

Sep 4, 2021
Here's my timeline update:
PA : Vietnam
VO : Singapore
Application Received: July 6, 2021
AOR1: September 4, 2021
Biometrics Request: N/A already done in 2020
Medical Request: still waiting
Sponsor Approval: September 8, 2021
CSQ Request : September 8, 2021
CSQ Submitted: September 17, 2021
CSQ approval: October 13, 2021
AOR2 : October 21, 2021 from Singapore VO

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
What are you expecting feedback about?
What's your timeline?
At least an AOR.......my application was submitted on July 18 online but got an email from IRCC on Sept 13 stating that my signature was missing in a few forms which I then scanned and resubmitted online again on Sept 17 and also courier the hard copies to Nova Scotia which they have received on Oct 6. Haven't heard anything at all.

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Spouse received the pre arrival services invitation today, which means PA eligibility has passed?

No medical request yet