+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
I received a request to "Pay" for Biometrics on Sept 23rd which I did and after many frustrating attempts I was able to submit the receipt using the IRCC webform. I had not been able to successful link my application to my GCKey account until recently (thanks to this forum) but there is nothing specific to confirm they have received the receipt. The only comment is - "October 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.". Presumably, that is the biometrics receipt. In looking at the tracking spreadsheet for the July Outbound apps, most entries should Biometrics requested in September and shortly submitted and approved (within a week), so I'm concerned as it has been several weeks since I have submitted but have not received the follow-up letter requesting that I go and submit my biometrics.

Question - In the spreadsheet, is the column "Biometrics Requested" when you received the request to Pay for the biometrics or the request to go submit your biometrics? Not sure either way would explain why I'm still in limbo but wanted to clarify.

Question 2 - Is anyone else in this situation and how long should I expect between the request to pay/submitting the receipt and the request to go give my biometrics? I received the request for medical at the same time (within a day) and have already submitted and received confirmation I passed on my GCKey account.

I've tried to call the IRCC and have not been success in reaching anyone in person and I've probably tried 20+ times. I always get to the message the basically says, "We are busy and can't transfer your call, goodbye" - I'm sure they are but I've submitted numerous webform requests asking for some guidance and get the same basic response - "We are busy, if you app is in the normal times you won't hear from us". I just don't want to sit here for 2-years to eventually find out the receipt wasn't received. There has got to be some way to get a clear answer. Submitted forms is one of the priority tasks yet I can't get any answers.

Thoughts?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question - In the spreadsheet, is the column "Biometrics Requested" when you received the request to Pay for the biometrics or the request to go submit your biometrics? Not sure either way would explain why I'm still in limbo but wanted to clarify.
Because most choose to pay biometrics when applying, it refers to getting the requ4est to complete the biometrics.

Question 2 - Is anyone else in this situation and how long should I expect between the request to pay/submitting the receipt and the request to go give my biometrics? I received the request for medical at the same time (within a day) and have already submitted and received confirmation I passed on my GCKey account.
More than a month for any small step not unusual. If any comfort, the biometrics itself generally does not hold things up, so there's no particular reason to worry. (But not having to wait for this is better)

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Because most choose to pay biometrics when applying, it refers to getting the requ4est to complete the biometrics.
I would have too but when I followed the instructions to check if it was needed it was clear I was exempt. Someone else has mentioned that the instructions are misleading as biometrics are nearly always required so the option is really to delay the payment until you are sure they need them. Frankly, I would have paid the $85 not to think about it and why it's even an option seems silly.

More than a month for any small step not unusual. If any comfort, the biometrics itself generally does not hold things up, so there's no particular reason to worry. (But not having to wait for this is better)

I hope so - just extremely frustrating that I can't get a response confirming such from the IRCC. They have spent more time telling me they won't reply than just checking and letting me know.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I would have too but when I followed the instructions to check if it was needed it was clear I was exempt. Someone else has mentioned that the instructions are misleading as biometrics are nearly always required so the option is really to delay the payment until you are sure they need them. Frankly, I would have paid the $85 not to think about it and why it's even an option seems silly.
They are always required - the only exception (temporary in covid) is for those that have already given.

The fees will get refunded if not needed.

Therefore anyone applying should ALWAYS pay it, in my opinion.

They have spent more time telling me they won't reply than just checking and letting me know.
Alternatively, you have spent far more than $85 of time trying to get a reply which you will not get.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
That's not unusual. Which VO is your application in?
PA is in philippines.

This is the status in the account.

should i call them on monday to ask about the status?

its been 1 month since biometrics was passed, no update/no medicals request.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
No need to call anyone. These things take time and it's normal. Your account looks like everyone else's at this stage.
oh, i was just worried. on the 1st page, the tracker file shows a lot of people already have medical request (usually few days after biometrics request)

hilario28

Oct 30, 2021
Good evening. I'm also a July applicant. Just want to ask if you tried to ask for medical extension due to pandemic?

stars6777

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys,
I am a bit worried because I also applied in mid-July like all of you but I haven't received any email after the confirmation email which IRCC sends that has the Application # and the UCI. I received the confirmation email that IRCC has received my application in September. Since then I have got no update from them at all. I didn't even get a request for biometrics submission yet. Any suggestions on what I can do?

spc337

Jun 8, 2021

I hope so - just extremely frustrating that I can't get a response confirming such from the IRCC. They have spent more time telling me they won't reply than just checking and letting me know.

Finally got my Biometrics Request so that panic is over...

Reactions: armoured

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Hi! Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get your biometrics request after AOR1? I still haven't gotten SA or biometrics request :(
Have you found these tracking spreadsheets... It's very helpful to gauge how applications for a lot of others are progressing..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=2079961909

I received a letter in September which I believe is the AOR1 and then on Sept 23 & 24 I received a request to Pay for Biometrics and to get my Medical done. After paying for the Biometrics, I had difficulty uploading the receipt which is a ridiculous process but eventually uploaded. I had be left wondering why I hadn't received the letter requesting me to go give my Biometrics and never succeeded in getting an answer until today when I received the letter.

So tomorrow I will go give my Biometrics and then be back wondering what will happen next.