July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Create a GC account with gc key.
Enter the details of PA.
Use application number.
Use the birth place and country option.

This is the important step
Enter 2 for the number of persons sponsored if the sponsor is sponsoring only the PA.
since i am the representative of my spouse (PA), i have submitted this form (representative) with our paper application..

i can link my spouse application on my own gc account right?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
When I link the application, it keeps saying this..

"Based on the information you entered, we found no applications. "

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I received an Additional Document Request. I got my SA, BIL and Medical Requests by end of last month. It was mentioned that the file was transferred to New Delhi. However, I got an ADR from CPC Sydney for a PCC from Qatar. However, the PA stayed in the country for less than 6 months. Is it worthwhile to challenge the ADR as she has stayed for less than 6 months in the country?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I received an Additional Document Request. I got my SA, BIL and Medical Requests by end of last month. It was mentioned that the file was transferred to New Delhi. However, I got an ADR from CPC Sydney for a PCC from Qatar. However, the PA stayed in the country for less than 6 months. Is it worthwhile to challenge the ADR as she has stayed for less than 6 months in the country?
What was the purpose of visiting Qatar, how many times did she visit, and how long was each visit? I think this will tell if the PCC request is reasonable or not.

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
What was the purpose of visiting Qatar, how many times did she visit, and how long was each visit? I think this will tell if the PCC request is reasonable or not.
The purpose was to stay with the sponsor (myself). She visited once and the visit was for 159 days.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
The purpose was to stay with the sponsor (myself). She visited once and the visit was for 159 days.
I would say yes you should still submit it. If you want to clarify, you could add an explanatory letter with the Qatari PCC saying that you didn't include it initially since the duration of her stay was only 159 days.

One other thing you have to keep in mind is that IRCC doesn't have a PCC requirement in number of days. Unlike citizenship for example where they have 1095 days - They don't say 3 years. For a PCC they just say 6 months, and that could be interpreted in a few ways.

For example as far as I remember, in the spousal application it doesn't ask you to specify the exact dates. It just asks for Month and Year. So even if the 159 days are not 6 months exactly, they could sometimes fall within 6 different months (Or more!). Say if someone travelled from 25th of Jan 2021 to 3rd of Jul (159 days over 7 different months). In the application this would show as Jan 2021 - Jul 2021.

Bottom-line, I suggest you send them the Qatari PCC if you can get it. If you can't get one that's a different story.

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I would say yes you should still submit it. If you want to clarify, you could add an explanatory letter with the Qatari PCC saying that you didn't include it initially since the duration of her stay was only 159 days.

One other thing you have to keep in mind is that IRCC doesn't have a PCC requirement in number of days. Unlike citizenship for example where they have 1095 days - They don't say 3 years. For a PCC they just say 6 months, and that could be interpreted in a few ways.

For example as far as I remember, in the spousal application it doesn't ask you to specify the exact dates. It just asks for Month and Year. So even if the 159 days are not 6 months exactly, they could sometimes fall within 6 different months (Or more!). Say if someone travelled from 25th of Jan 2021 to 3rd of Jul (159 days over 7 different months). In the application this would show as Jan 2021 - Jul 2021.

Bottom-line, I suggest you send them the Qatari PCC if you can get it. If you can't get one that's a different story.
Thank you for the detailed reply.

nav_ali

Sep 24, 2021
Application Received: 19 July 2021
AOR: 18 sep 2021
PA: Pakistan
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
BIL: 24 sep 2021
BIL given : 27 sep 2021
SA: 29 sep 2021 (case will be moved to New Dehli for further processing)
Medical: 29 sep 2021
Medical given will be 4 oct 2021
thats great, but i thought Pakistan's VO is London. Why did they send yours to New Delhi?

Bluestreak48

Oct 8, 2021
Hey Guys..

I received AOR (UCI and application no) on 21st Sep. I was able to link it to my CIC account but there is still no update on the Biometric or medial request till now. Any suggestions?

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Got Aor and Gave biometrics like 2 weeks ago(both came at same time).

Called ircc and this was the automated application status.
"we are processing your background check".

Have no idea if the file was transfered, SA passed etc.