+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Hello:

If someone could shed some light here:

I submitted my wife's application on July 2nd and it was received to CIC on 7th July. I got an email with File number on 9th September and since then there is no update. No SA approval, no Biometrics or Medical request. I have already linked the account but there is no message or any update on the file. I called CIC helpline but they are not willing to provide any update as they are dealing with Afghanistan crisis. Is anyone in similar situation? I see that many people in this group received some kind of update: either SA approval or Medical/Biometric request.

What are the other options I can try to have an update as it has been more than 3 months?

Thank you.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello:

I submitted my wife's application on July 2nd and it was received to CIC on 7th July. I got an email with File number on 9th September and since then there is no update. No SA approval, no Biometrics or Medical request. I have already linked the account but there is no message or any update on the file. I called CIC helpline but they are not willing to provide any update as they are dealing with Afghanistan crisis. Is anyone in similar situation? I see that many people in this group received some kind of update: either SA approval or Medical/Biometric request.

What are the other options I can try to have an update as it has been more than 3 months?

Thank you.
Really there’s nothing you can do but wait. I know it’s not easy, but that’s the answer. Amd you probably already know it.

• Sad
Reactions: mechivicky

nav_ali

Sep 24, 2021
Hello:

Thank you.
In the same boat. All the best!

• Sad
Reactions: mechivicky

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi,
After the biometrics, I can see the details of biometrics enrolment (such as the date of enrolment and reference number) etc, in the top right portion of my gckey account . However, under the biometrics section it is still showing "We do not need your fingerprints....". After the biometrics, does it show when the biometrics is completed?
Regards,

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,
After the biometrics, I can see the details of biometrics enrolment (such as the date of enrolment and reference number) etc, in the top right portion of my gckey account . However, under the biometrics section it is still showing "We do not need your fingerprints....". After the biometrics, does it show when the biometrics is completed?
Regards,
Don't worry about it you're fine.

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Today called the IRCC, waited for 35mins.

Apparently they missed to send the SA approval email. It was approved on 21st sept. We only received the biometric letter as first on 21st sept. Biometrics submitted few days later. No update after that, hence the call to IRCC.

Our application was moved from sydney to ottawa on 6th of oct. Biometrics received and processing. Currently doing bg checks etc.

Also told that they will mostly not transfer the file to home country, but it depends on the work load etc.

Arsh-7777

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am new to this group. I applied for my spouse on 26th of July and on 20th of Augustus I got the temporary file number.. after that I didn’t get anything.
I read the comments that some of you got the SA approvals and linked the files as well.
What should I do??

Thank you,

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Update in PA's application portal.. Its saying - 'Reviewing eligibility criteria'.. before the update, it was 'We have not yet started reviewing eligibility criteria'. ECAS still says ' We have received application on .....'

On the contrary, before the update, background check was in progress. Now - 'Your application is in progress, Background check has not yet started'

Have not received the SA yet!!

Bluestreak48

Oct 8, 2021

Apparently they missed to send the SA approval email. It was approved on 21st sept. We only received the biometric letter as first on 21st sept. Biometrics submitted few days later. No update after that, hence the call to IRCC.

Our application was moved from sydney to ottawa on 6th of oct. Biometrics received and processing. Currently doing bg checks etc.

Also told that they will mostly not transfer the file to home country, but it depends on the work load etc.
Hey, Can you tell me how did u called them? when I am trying to call them it is giving options for Afghan refugees ( may be I am missing something).
I received the AOR on 21st Sep and have not received any updated after that. My application on ECAS and on CIC is showing in process but don't have any update.

Reactions: nav_ali

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016

Seems, the same thing is happening with me. My ECAS for SA says - 'Decision Made' but never received any letter or communication from IRCC!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Seems, the same thing is happening with me. My ECAS for SA says - 'Decision Made' but never received any letter or communication from IRCC!!
There are a fair number of these happening, where SA letter not sent/received. No idea why but it seems either some glitch at IRCC or they've 'downgraded' importance. Which they might logically do to free up resources, there are very few files that are rejected because sponsor not eligible, so arguably takes up more resources than it deserves; if so, though, it's disappointing they didn't tell anyone. Or maybe they're just screwing up and fixing it is low priority (for esimilar reasons).

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hey, Can you tell me how did u called them? when I am trying to call them it is giving options for Afghan refugees ( may be I am missing something).
I received the AOR on 21st Sep and have not received any updated after that. My application on ECAS and on CIC is showing in process but don't have any update.
Call the IRCC number and press 1 and follow the instructions. Listen through the phone call, you will have to enter the UCI etc. In the end they will ask to pick the correct type etc.

Im sorry but i dont exactly remem the options i pressed. However i had to press 2 because my app number starts with F.

Listening to the instructions will take 5 mins max

Last edited: