+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
That's really not clear in the email about passport transmission fee. VFS is such a nightmare. I will see if GC Key says anything different today.

Did you not have to do passport transmission fee as UK citizen and dealing with London VAC?

Will also likely being ringing VFS Global to clarify. Hope we get photography appointment.

I am also assuming they need my photos, as the Canadian citizen. This photo thing is quite annoying.
That's really not clear in the email about passport transmission fee. VFS is such a nightmare. I will see if GC Key says anything different today.

Did you not have to do passport transmission fee as UK citizen and dealing with London VAC?

Will also likely being ringing VFS Global to clarify. Hope we get photography appointment.

I am also assuming they need my photos, as the Canadian citizen. This photo thing is quite annoying.
Hi. The email I received instructed me to upload to my online account. 1 copy of the email. 1 copy of my passport biodata page and 1 copy of the updated information sheet that was copied from the email as a word document. I had to mail my photos to the visa office. I don't think that you need to send your photos as you are Canadian already it is more for the person applying for residency as I think these final photos are actually just more for identity confirmation as opposed to anything else. Hope this was helpful.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
They usually take around 2 weeks to respond to the webform.
Yes, my GCKey updated a few days ago saying "your application was approved" and I got COPR yesterday :)
Hi. Just a quick question. How did you receive your COPR? Was it via email or did they send you a physical copy?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
VFS is driving me nuts.

It says we can upload email copy with Appendix, passport copy but send photos to VFS, as per what Babydoll says. Edited to add: We have no upload function on GC Key. Do we use the webform link in the email they sent him?

What fees are needed for VFS - passport transmission, courier to way to London?

Thanks in advance!

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
VFS is driving me nuts.

It says we can upload email copy with Appendix, passport copy but send photos to VFS, as per what Babydoll says. Edited to add: We have no upload function on GC Key. Do we use the webform link in the email they sent him?

What fees are needed for VFS - passport transmission, courier to way to London?

Thanks in advance!
Hi. I uploaded the documents that they asked for via webform. I sent my photos direct to the Immigration Section. High Commission of Canada. The address should be on the email that they sent. Also I had to put my application number on the backs of photos I also put my name date of birth and photography studio address on the back of one as per the instructions on the website for photo specs.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi. I uploaded the documents that they asked for via webform. I sent my photos direct to the Immigration Section. High Commission of Canada. The address should be on the email that they sent. Also I had to put my application number on the backs of photos I also put my name date of birth and photography studio address on the back of one as per the instructions on the website for photo specs.
Hi. Also my email did not say to send my photos to VFS. It just says that visa exempt nationals cannot upload photos to their online accounts but are required to mail/courier the photos. I assumed that they were to be sent to the VO. My understanding of the passport transmission fee is that it is meant for people who are from countries requiring visas to enter Canada as the COPR/entry visa needed to be placed in the passport.
I could have totally misunderstood the context of the email that I received but I am hoping that I did not. I am just nervously waiting for the receipt of my COPR. Alexn has received his and my paperwork seems to be running about 8 days after his although I will count today out as it is a holiday in Canada so LVO is closed. Happy Canada Day by the way. :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. Also my email did not say to send my photos to VFS. It just says that visa exempt nationals cannot upload photos to their online accounts but are required to mail/courier the photos. I assumed that they were to be sent to the VO. My understanding of the passport transmission fee is that it is meant for people who are from countries requiring visas to enter Canada as the COPR/entry visa needed to be placed in the passport.
I could have totally misunderstood the context of the email that I received but I am hoping that I did not. I am just nervously waiting for the receipt of my COPR. Alexn has received his and my paperwork seems to be running about 8 days after his although I will count today out as it is a holiday in Canada so LVO is closed. Happy Canada Day by the way. :)
It's just a handling fee for the file they send to embassy, regardless of whether it actually has a passport in it. Why they are still using physical photos instead of printing direct on the card - {shrug}

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
It's just a handling fee for the file they send to embassy, regardless of whether it actually has a passport in it. Why they are still using physical photos instead of printing direct on the card - {shrug}
Hi. The file should already be at the Embassy/VO that is handling your application. As for the photos they are not for the PR card. Your PR card photos will be taken when you arrive in Canada as it is still up to the Immigration officer at port of entry that has the final say on whether you enter Canada or not.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. The file should already be at the Embassy/VO that is handling your application. As for the photos they are not for the PR card. Your PR card photos will be taken when you arrive in Canada as it is still up to the Immigration officer at port of entry that has the final say on whether you enter Canada or not.
It's a handling fee for vfs, moving the stuff they get, etc - call it a file or the docs submission, whatever.

I can't say for certain, was told though that the photos submitted are in fact used for the PR card. Again, whatever, they require a physical photo.

Reactions: Babydoll2305

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Am so so happy for you. Congratulations. Now Canada is lifting quarantine requirements for people who are exempt from travel restrictions if they have been fully vaccinated from the 5th of July I think. So that is some good news as well. Once again congratulations on getting your COPR. :)
Just adding the caveat that has to be fully vaccinated with a Canada approved vaccine.

Reactions: Babydoll2305

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I will double check the email to see where Mr LL's photos should be sent. I will also check about application number on the photos!